RC Enthusiast

Fitting different wheels

I was wondering if there is a way to put 12mm hex wheels on the Summit as they have a 17mm hex?

RC Qualifier
    most 12mm wheels will be really small but i guess you could change out the hexes with the 12mm traxxas hexes but the axel stubs are probably too big. what wheels are you going to put on.?
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by trxbeast193
    most 12mm wheels will be really small but i guess you could change out the hexes with the 12mm traxxas hexes but the axel stubs are probably too big. what wheels are you going to put on.?
    The 12mm hex are for 4mm axles, and the TRX axles for 14mm hexes are 5mm, s you may need to drill one out to fit the axle.

And about 12mm rims being small, I think Imex hase one tire that huge, and clod tires (?).

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWFW6&P=7
    Last edited by MR. Clean; 02-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Why would you downgrade your truck by putting 12mm hex on it? 1 they are not going to fit without modding, and 2 they are weak and will strip easier.

RC Champion
    most 12mm hex wheels are 2.2 size. No MT sized wheel or MT 40s wheels have 12mm hex, I'm sure just about any MT has the torque to rip up 12mm hexes.

P.S. Mr clean the 14mm and 17mm hexes are for 6mm stubs,but you were right about him having to drill the hexes out and he would have to make new pins for the hubs aswell because the 12mm ones are to thin for 6mm axles and the 14mm pins are to thick and long for the 12mm hexes
    What shall I put here?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Waste of time and downgrading the truck.. You will strip those in no time aswell.. you are better off buying new wheels and tires instead of trying to fit ones you may have.

RC Enthusiast
    I was just curious to know if it was possible as I know absolutely nothing about these things thats all.

RC Champion
    if anything just try 14mm as you will have more cjoices than the 12mm you mentioned.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!