Thread: prices

RC Racer

prices

What is the best price that you can a summit for?

Are there any discounts that you can get from towers?
    Nitro Sport .15
    Villain EX
    E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Tower Hobbies has great discounts but you have to be a member.
    ~Gage~
    E-Revo E-Maxx Stampede Slash Amsoil=)

RC Champion
    www.tcscrawlers.com has it for $489
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Qualifier
    Lhs: 499.99
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Champion
    Ultimatehobbies.com has the best price right now for places that are in stock. $469 shipped. No option to pick color, maybe if you call.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=TRA5610!1008

Superiorhobbies.com has them for $469 + $20 shipping all colors in stock and you can pick

Tower has them for $455 shipped but you need the coupon code and they are not in stock.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    i had the cheapest from tower but like the others said i am a member.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Racer
    $444.99 With Towwer membership. A Super Saver membership to TowwerHobbies is only $9.99 a year so lets see $444.99 + $9.99 = $454.98 Still seems cheaper than any where else, granted they are not in stock now till March according to site. $444.99 includes shipping.
    Last edited by FPVRustlerVXL; 02-17-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Slower Traffic Keep Right.........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FPVRustlerVXL
    $444.99 With Towwer membership. A Super Saver membership to TowwerHobbies is only $9.99 a year so lets see $444.99 + $9.99 = $454.98 Still seems cheaper than any where else, granted they are not in stock now till March according to site. $444.99 includes shipping.
    Where are you getting $444.99? $514.99 - $60.00 coupon = $454.99

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    Where are you getting $444.99? $514.99 - $60.00 coupon = $454.99
    Just pulled it off my invioce....

$60 Promotional Discount 1 -60.00
    TOWER SPECIAL OFFERS-A 1 .00
    Traxxas Summit Truck RTR w/EVX2 ESC and TQ-4 Radio A2 1 504.99

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
    Current Charges (U.S. Dollars)
    In-Stock Items: $444.99
    Surface Shipment: Waived
    Payment Type:Total Current Charges: $444.99
    Last edited by FPVRustlerVXL; 02-17-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    Slower Traffic Keep Right.........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FPVRustlerVXL
    Just pulled it off my invioce....

$60 Promotional Discount 1 -60.00
    TOWER SPECIAL OFFERS-A 1 .00
    Traxxas Summit Truck RTR w/EVX2 ESC and TQ-4 Radio A2 1 504.99

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
    Current Charges (U.S. Dollars)
    In-Stock Items: $444.99
    Surface Shipment: Waived
    Payment Type:Total Current Charges: $444.99
    The price has changed since your order. Its not $504.99, its $514.99.

RC Qualifier
    I still would buy it from Tower Hobbies.
    ~Gage~
    E-Revo E-Maxx Stampede Slash Amsoil=)

504 is/was the club member price...

RC Competitor
    Member price is $504.99.

RC Qualifier
    Alrighty Then!..........Summit order has changed.

Wanted to stick with LHS, and waited two weeks with an order that was placed back in December. Found out his distributor is Horizon. They do not even have it in stock yet. Decided to cancel it with him. Will still use LHS for some stuff here and there though.

Having re-evaluated the situation, and being a member of Tower, and their discount going as of now, there will be a difference in savings of 100$ by going with Tower vs going with LHS. Do not have a problem waiting with Tower under their current backorder with the Summit.

Talked with Tower earlier tonight to get all the necessary info regarding color order and all. Color ordered will only be shipped if it is with this next shipment. If not, then will wait until next shipment. Have no problem waiting either.

Could get one now of course, but will pay more depending on the decision of what to spend on shipping. Fast shipping vs slower shipping. Actually almost ordered one last Wednesday, and would have had it Friday or Saturday already.

Anyhoo, decided to save a 100$ and just wait it out.
    Its Your Hobby

That's the way to play it, doesn't bother me a bit to wait. People are in a frenzy over the delay of the brushless E Revo, I've had one ordered since December when Tower had the big discounts. They bill when they ship so I'm not the least bit concerned, when it's available they'll send it. In the mean time I enjoy running my other vehicles....

RC Racer
    If you can save $100, more power to you, but I am of the mind that I don't mind spending the extra $30-50 to get it from my Local Hobby Shop. I know if I get it from them, they will be there to help me and hook me up with parts. If I get it from an internet store, they will just treat me as another customer.

I'm a little jaded, as I come from the bike industry, and have always worked for mom and pop type places. I'm all about supporting the little guy. If you buy a bike online, don't expect to get any kind of deal or hook up in a bike shop!

RC Racer
    thnx for the info guys.
    Nitro Sport .15
    Villain EX
    E-Maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powerslider
    504 is/was the club member price...
    Here is the Summit at 514.99

Again at 504.99

I did not have this exact link but I seen the thread and had to see the tower price for myself tower price. a quick google search for keywords towerhobbies summit 504.99 and its the first link.

I actually seen this thread, inverstigated it and posted a reply in a different summit pricing thread. I know times are tough guys so, saving every penny you can helps. I know its the summit thread but I also have link to get a e-maxx for 289.99 and a e-revo for 369.99 with 2 free 7-cell packs after the 60 off members coupon.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 02-18-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BiikeMike
    If you can save $100, more power to you, but I am of the mind that I don't mind spending the extra $30-50 to get it from my Local Hobby Shop. I know if I get it from them, they will be there to help me and hook me up with parts. If I get it from an internet store, they will just treat me as another customer.

I'm a little jaded, as I come from the bike industry, and have always worked for mom and pop type places. I'm all about supporting the little guy. If you buy a bike online, don't expect to get any kind of deal or hook up in a bike shop!
    Understand what you are saying, believe me. LHS has not lost my business. Have spent a fair amount already with him. Will continue to do so in the future, with this, that, and the other of RC stuff.

In the excitement of wanting the Summit, and giving it two weeks to get here from availability, the two weeks came and it didn't show. If it would have showed at the end of the two weeks, I would have bought it. He is still ordering it. Someone will buy it eventually. This was the only order he had for it also.

LHS owner is a good person, but is kinda bummed with the business in this area as of now. He is small and been around for 30 years and still hanging on. I can feel for what he is going through.

He was talking about the difference between his shop, and another shop owner he knows a 100 miles away in a bigger area. For every 1 customer he has, this other one a 100 miles away has, 170 customers to his 1 customer. That is a big difference.

Yes, I still like the smaller business owner, and still use them. The new purchase of a Digital camera was done locally from a long time established small business owner. Will get great service with all that. Also know a small bike shop owner locally, who is really cool, and my interest of wanting to get back on a bike is becoming more so, and will use him to purchase a bike if I do decide to bike again.

LHS has a lot of knowledge for me to tap into, and want to establish a good relationship with him while he is still around. He is more than willing to help me with anything, and I appreciate his willingness to offer that to me. Lots of changes taking place across the board with this hobby. There is the good, bad, and ugly of it also.

This is the first time I have used a big Tower discount on anything from them.

Have decided also not to get caught up in the frenzy of a new product from the start, by buying it at the beginning. Will wait longer now, and relax and enjoy what I have going now. Yes, this hobby is addicting, but will take it at a slower pace from here on out.

Anyhoo, Happy Trails To All.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Racer
    I just left my LHS where i could have left with it for 425 today only. He has JUST taken it out of the box when i got there. I would have bought it but i just don't have the money to throw around this time of year. He just got 3 more today on a shipment, thats why he opened one up. 2 red, 1 green and 1 blue crystal.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ProxyWRX
    I just left my LHS where i could have left with it for 425 today only. He has JUST taken it out of the box when i got there. I would have bought it but i just don't have the money to throw around this time of year. He just got 3 more today on a shipment, thats why he opened one up. 2 red, 1 green and 1 blue crystal.
    I would have bought all three of them and sold them on here or ebay.