RC Enthusiast

Proline Beadlocks

Anyone having problems with the proline switch tires coming off the beadlocks? We are running two Slayers, both with the beadlocks and both are blowing the tires off the rims. We are racing on a dirt track that is fairly high speed, long sweeping turns and tight turns.

Can't seem to keep them on the wheels!

RC Qualifier
    Had the same problem with mine at first and I discovered that they weren't tightened down enough.........after that I have had no problems.
    you can't out run the General Lee!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Yup, I thought the same. I tightened them more, to the point where the screws are stripping.... Not sure what I am doing wrong but they don't seem to be doing the job here. Gotta say they are awesome tires, very good on the track, if I can just keep them on the rims.

RC Competitor
    Friend of mine had the same problem, and no matter what couldn't keep it the tire on the rim. Sent them back to Pro Line, and they sent him a new set of rims. Per customer service there's a desing flaw and they're working to correct it. If they can't they're going to scrap it.

RC Qualifier
    is the slayer 12mm hex?

RC Qualifier
    can any1 pls tell me?

cause i cant find it anywhere!!

RC Qualifier
    Slayer is 14mm, same as the old revo, maxx, etc...
    wah wah wah remove your sig

WHAT!

RC Racer
    i have bashed the heck out of mine and i have had no problems
    Slayer with Picco .26
    want a jato!

RC Champion
    just ordered my own proline switches with beadlocks,i cannot wait to see the difference with all the other changes i have made,my traxxas tires have already started to split down the middle,i have been told that the proline is a better tire all around,i noticed they are a softer compound too
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Competitor
    I have a set on my slayer and took it to a R/C track with a fairly fast straight and have had no problems so far. The proline tires are quite a bit better than the stockers as far as grip is concerned.

RC Qualifier
    my factory tires came off mine when i was doing donuts but i put them back on even though one is almust riped in to but my switch tires want be in to the middle of the week so i have to make do...and whats a good way of getting glued tires off the wheels?
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Competitor
    I have had a couple come off the rim as well!! The only solution i think would be to glue them which defeats the purpose of buying beadlocks!