Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

I just grabbed a used Summit off of Ebay!!

First off, I am new here. Just made an account, but I have been watching the Summit forum since it was opened! I am new to R/C, besides a few "toys r us" models, nothing "hobby grade." I have wanted the E-Maxx for awhile, but the Summit was exactly what I was looking for!! So I have been looking for a good deal, and I think I may have found it!!

I got a "slightly" used white summit, "2 traxxas 3300 mah packs"(I think I will upgrade to Pro-Match in the near future), and a "Vision Peak Ultra AC/DC Charger." I think it's "ok" charger, I was looking at the Onyx 220, cause I have no plans of going LiPo. But I think this will do, for now.

I got all of that for $460.30!!!!

Here is the link...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/traxxas-summit_W...mZ220358921585

Sorry about the Ebay user name, it was my mom's old account, and I only had five minutes to place a bid! I think I did alright. I just want something to bash around with, I don't plan on any upgrades, and I don't think I will get any other R/C for a long time to come. I just thought the Summit was the greatest R/C EVER, and I had to have one!!!!

Let me know what you think, I sure hope he/she broke the motor in properly.

Nate.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    oh my word. that is a steal. i love my yellow summit.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!! I love your yellow Summit too!! Your pics/movies are grate!!!

Nate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks. the truck is a nice solid all terrain and all weather monster truck. a purpose built crawler will out perform the summit. and a monster truck will out perform the summit. but it is a hybrid of both vehicle types. i love the truck.

RC Qualifier
    WOW lucky you!! Great Deal, someone must have gotten desperate for money.

Well anyways, welcome to the site. And Your going to love the Summit. Its an awesome rig
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Champion
    just DONT forget to READ THE MANUAL! And make sure you are stopped when locking and unlocking the diffs.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    when you drive the truck with the diffs locked dont go very fast.

RC Qualifier
    I wanted it so much because it was a hybrid! Crawling looked fun, but I know I would have gotten bored of it after the first run. And I was really close to getting the E-Maxx 3905, but I didn't want to get my feet wet every time it got stuck in the water, mud, or snow.

The seller said he only bought it because he wanted "to make a video comparison with an e revo and an e maxx."

Lol, I have already read the manual twice, and plan to read the hard copy when I get it.

I have been watching the breaking part in the diff. closely. And I have come to the conclusion that it breaks to save the more expensive gears and what not. If I follow the manual, and advice given here, I think it should be fine. I plan on using the diffs very rarely. Only when needed, or I feel like doing some crawling. I will NEVER have the diffs locked in second gear.

Thanks for the welcome, and advice,

Nate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    good. you are already making some wise choices even though you ahve yet to get your hands on the truck. already impressed because you are doing your best to try and not break due to bad choices.

RC Champion
    It says $55 shipping, that is REALLY high. $515 is the normal new price.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC poster
    I like the white look.
    Last edited by Blump; 02-12-2009 at 03:32 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison

Not with batteries and charger. Looks like you got a good deal.. Nice.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know where you are located, but for me shipping was $61.15. You have to remember the thing weighs almost 11 lbs., and that is without batts., charger, transmitter, and all the other little tools he is throwing in the box. And on top of that, the Summit itself is HUGE!

I could have gotten JUST the Summit for $520, that's total with shipping. But I also got the $90 charger, and two $30 batteries(maybe less, I don't know exactly what batteries he is sending) with my deal. So, I should have paid over $650.00, but instead I got everything I need to mess around with it, while I save up for some good batts., and maybe another charger.

Thanks for the other nice comments,

Nate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    summitcrazed the summit weighs OVER 11 pounds. with everything included the package has to weigh around 15 pounds in total. and yes the truck is huge.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitCrazed!
    I don't know where you are located, but for me shipping was $61.15. You have to remember the thing weighs almost 11 lbs., and that is without batts., charger, transmitter, and all the other little tools he is throwing in the box. And on top of that, the Summit itself is HUGE!

I could have gotten JUST the Summit for $520, that's total with shipping. But I also got the $90 charger, and two $30 batteries(maybe less, I don't know exactly what batteries he is sending) with my deal. So, I should have paid over $650.00, but instead I got everything I need to mess around with it, while I save up for some good batts., and maybe another charger.

Thanks for the other nice comments,

Nate.
    I know how big the summit is, I have one. As long as you are happy with the deal thats all that matters. $60 is still way too high for shipping, thats all. I wasnt trying to be mean.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    man i wouldnt be surprised if i was chargered more to go to canada
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    I know how big the summit is, I have one. As long as you are happy with the deal thats all that matters. $60 is still way too high for shipping, thats all. I wasnt trying to be mean.
    You didn't come acrossed as mean, I thought it was high too. I looked it up on the USPS web-site, and they have free quotes. I put in the two zip codes, guessed about 14 lbs., and the dimensions, and it came out to be $61.05. So if he wants to overcharge by ten cents, then be my guest.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    not to mention packing materials and getting the package to the post office.

RC Racer
    Read on down in his description, he says there is a 5 year warranty ****.

RC Racer
    I hope when you get it that part 5678 is not broke already.

RC Qualifier
    Lol, that wouldn't be fun. It would be my first tear down of anything really.

Nate.

RC Champion
    well this is the truck to learn on how to fix in this hobby!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    what up with this from the ebay seller on the truck?

Limited 5-year warranty
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    what up with this from the ebay seller on the truck?

Limited 5-year warranty
    a key selling point! hey if ya break anything, start yelling at him!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    I didn't even know Traxxas gave a warranty, so when I saw that on top of everything else, I had to bid. There where 10 minutes left when I saw it, some lucky bum was going to get it all for $421.45!! I was going to get it for $439.00, but someone came in the last 30 seconds and forced it up to $460.30. I wouldn't have gone any higher then that, like Jason_garrison said, I could have gotten a new if I had paid anymore.

Nate.

RC Racer
    I didn't even know Traxxas gave a warranty, so when I saw that on top of everything else, I had to bid. There where 10 minutes left when I saw it, some lucky bum was going to get it all for $421.45!! I was going to get it for $439.00, but someone came in the last 30 seconds and forced it up to $460.30. I wouldn't have gone any higher then that, like Jason_garrison said, I could have gotten a new if I had paid anymore.

Nate.

Good Deal!!!! Congratulations. I LOVE my White Summit!!!!

Hey 69Malibu do REALLY like your yellow Summit???

RC Racer
    looks like that warranty is for the charger, not the truck. If i'm not mistaken, those chargers come with a 5 year limited warranty.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes dkur i really lvoe the yellow summit. i love it so much i plan on installing a flextek titanium arm set on the truck in the near future.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ProxyWRX
    looks like that warranty is for the charger, not the truck. If i'm not mistaken, those chargers come with a 5 year limited warranty.
    "I will include original reciept for truck and batteries so that you get the full benefit of the 5 year warranty."

I don't know, he didn't mention the charger when he was talking about warranties? I don't care, either way I am just happy to finally get a Summit!!

Malibu, flextek is some expensive stuff!! Do the Revo arms really fit the Summit? Are the Revo, and E-Revo arms the same? And are the Summit arms the same as those two?

And thanks for the nice comment dkur4000,

Nate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes the arms are the same for the summit, revo 3.3 and summit.

RC Qualifier
    Well, it still just says that the post office has been notified of the shipment. I sure hope he didn't hold it back, so he could bash with it over the long weekend.

RC Racer
    The post office is notoriously slow on updating their servers.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah they are VERY slow on updateing. I ordered some stuff from flm and it was here before usps even updated the tracking.

RC Qualifier
    That is true, but I usually get a, "Package was dropped off at blah blah blah." Before it arrives. Then a few days later I get the whole history of the shipment. I just can't wait, is all!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    HOLY CRAP!!! As you can guess, I just got my Summit!!!! First off this thing is freaking HUGE!!! I was just stunned by the size, and weight. Dimensions off the internet don't do it justice!! There was some juice left in the Traxxas brand batts., so I gave it a run around. THIS THING IS ALSO FAST!! From what people where saying, I thought it would be slower then it was!! I guess I have just never experienced it before!! It only lasted a few minutes, and the batts. died.

It was bad weather anyway, so I just made a huge shelf for it, with lighting!!

Ohh, diner is on the table GTG, will post a pic or two in a little!!

RC Racer

It was bad weather anyway, so I just made a huge shelf for it, with lighting!!
    "bad weather"????????

These things were made for bad weather.

RC Qualifier
    Here it is on the custom made shelf!!! I have eight foot ceilings in my room, so it is about six feet up!! The bottom has a nice dark stain, and then poly finish, so you can't see the top of the shelf like you can in the pics. It is screwed into 3 studs, at five different points, so it shouldn't fall. I am not worry about the Summit, as much as I am about the TV underneath.

Anyway here are the pics,

My white Summit!!!

The back light on...

No flash...

Close-up...

Nate.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by umc
    "bad weather"????????

These things were made for bad weather.
    Lol, yes THEY where, but I didn't feel like standing in the freezing rain. It might turn to snow tonight, and then I should be able to run it tomorrow, hopefully with a few inches of snow!!!

Nate.

RC Racer
    Lol, yes THEY where, but I didn't feel like standing in the freezing rain. It might turn to snow tonight, and then I should be able to run it tomorrow, hopefully with a few inches of snow!!!

Nate.

I hear ya and thought about this as well if/when I get one and thought I would probably stand inside the house or in the garage just so I could run it. It was raining here today as well and supposed to be switching over, where do you live?

RC Qualifier
    Lol, I did that with the little amount of juice left in the batts., until I went to far, and got a little "radio interference." That was scary, I ripped the door open, and run out into the freezing rain until I got a signal. Almost lost it in a pile of brush, on the first run!! I think I can get a full run in tomorrow. I am in eastern PA. CAN'T WAIT!!!!