RC Qualifier

Any racers in Iraq question for ya!!

Any ya'll out there either deployed or contractors running slashers out there?
    Hook'em Horns!!!!

RC Champion
    I've seen pictures of guys in Iraq driving electric Rustlers before.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Super RC Driver
    I've seen pictures of guys in Iraq driving electric Rustlers before.
    x2
    that would be fun but what if it broke?

RC Enthusiast
    Im at COB Speicher and have a Slash with me.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1
    x2
    that would be fun but what if it broke?
    Thats what makes the internet such a good thing! I was stationed in Bahrain (small island off the east coast of Saudi, in the gulf)for a few years and we actually had two hobby shops on the island. The down fall was fuel costs, it cost me over $40 for a gallon of Trinity Monster Fuel.
    Thanks,
    Michael

RC Competitor
    Im over on Liberty (BIAP) there are about a dozen or slightly more people that play/race/bash here to include myself
    Shawn
    E-Revo-Novak 6.5-LiPo's

RC Qualifier
    The last time I was there at Taji we had enough people to have 2 class nitro and electric. I'm just wondering if the short course trucks are booming there like here at home....lol!!! See you guys in a couple months.....yeah babe!!
    Hook'em Horns!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MAJIKMIKE
    The last time I was there at Taji we had enough people to have 2 class nitro and electric. I'm just wondering if the short course trucks are booming there like here at home....lol!!! See you guys in a couple months.....yeah babe!!
    I would like to pick up a Slayer but was curious about getting fuel shipped. Do you know what site would ship nitro fuel? Thanks

RC Racer
    I remember when I was at Anaconda they had a full race course, was near the movie theater.
    T-Maxx .15 / Slash XL-5

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1525
    I would like to pick up a Slayer but was curious about getting fuel shipped. Do you know what site would ship nitro fuel? Thanks
    tower hobbies does, but im not sure where to.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo_Troop
    Im over on Liberty (BIAP) there are about a dozen or slightly more people that play/race/bash here to include myself
    Was gonna say...Liberty has a BUNCH of bashers. Send stuff there a lot.

RC Racer
    Our track in Speicher (Freedom and Liberty Raceway) has a good mix so far...
    2 Slash MM 5700
    1 Tmaxx 3.3
    1 Revo 3.3
    1 ERBE
    1 Emaxx
    1 Slayer 3.3
    1 Bandit/ Rustler hybrid MM 5700
    2 Rustler 5700
    1 Stampede brushed
    1 CEN Genesis 7.7
    1 HPI Savage 4.6
    1 HPI Savage 5.9
    1 Associated brushless buggy

Fuel is an easy answer. Youre not supposed to ship it. But... If you have it shipped home or have someone pick it up for you at a LHS, they can mail it to you from the post office but its up to the postal clerk to ship it or not. I've seen some people with the idea of putting it in 2 liter Sprite bottles but thats WRONG. Just have them pakage it up at home, take it to the post office and have them label it as "RC TOY CAR ACCESSORIES"
    Last edited by lmlz3; 03-11-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    ERBE Badlands
    Bandit- MM5700- RPM Rusty arms

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmlz3
    Our track in Speicher (Freedom and Liberty Raceway) has a good mix so far...
    2 Slash MM 5700
    1 Tmaxx 3.3
    1 Revo 3.3
    1 ERBE
    1 Emaxx
    1 Slayer 3.3
    1 Bandit/ Rustler hybrid MM 5700
    2 Rustler 5700
    1 Stampede brushed
    1 CEN Genesis 7.7
    1 HPI Savage 4.6
    1 HPI Savage 5.9
    1 Associated brushless buggy

Fuel is an easy answer. Youre not supposed to ship it. But... If you have it shipped home or have someone pick it up for you at a LHS, they can mail it to you from the post office but its up to the postal clerk to ship it or not. I've seen some people with the idea of putting it in 2 liter Sprite bottles but thats WRONG. Just have them pakage it up at home, take it to the post office and have them label it as "RC TOY CAR ACCESSORIES"

Im on Speicher also, I work on the flightline across from the ADAC but live in LSA 15. I have a VXL Slash and just talked a couple guys into ordering the Bandit, VXL Rustler, and E Revo. Where is this track at. I wanna come out sometime. When you guys race?

RC Qualifier
    Can I ask you guys what branch your in??

As you can see from my sig, I'm joining the AF in a few months; I want to be trained to work on C-17's (or possibly A-10's) and get deployed, this just interests me! Go to school while I'm in, get a degree and go to flight school within 6-7 years hopefully!
    Last edited by SlashKiller; 03-11-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    United States Air Force
    At AFBMT..

RC Qualifier
    I'm on my way to Liberty in a few months. I am so bringing my Slash and my E-Revo. I can't wait to get on Baghdad International Speedway. That and my laptop are the only things I'll be bringing, as I'm trying to save some money while I'm over there.

It'll be fun, except for the part about being away from my wife and my puppy.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Racer
    Im on Speicher also, I work on the flightline across from the ADAC but live in LSA 15. I have a VXL Slash and just talked a couple guys into ordering the Bandit, VXL Rustler, and E Revo. Where is this track at. I wanna come out sometime. When you guys race?
    Im in LSA 7B and its right behind it. You work right around the corner from it.
    ERBE Badlands

RC Competitor
    Hey Guys!!! Not sure what I can help you with here in the states other than giving you our full support!! My young son and I will be following this thread from now on as he is a huge military fan. Can any of you post pictures of you and your cars? I have been pushing hard for him to do good in school and if he does he will get his own Slash. If he was to see a “soldier” with and rc car I’m thinking A+’s around the board!!

Maybe we can get some folks here on the site to send you parts that you need since there are not a whole lot of hobby shops “in the middle of the desert”!!

Post those pic’s!! Be safe!! And come home soon!! Thanks you all for your service!

RC Champion
    X2 on that Halk Link!
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

RC Competitor

Liberty Raceway!!

Hey I will be out to the "Liberty Raceway" this Sat night I finally got my new rims/tires in who's going to be out?
    Shawn
    E-Revo-Novak 6.5-LiPo's

RC Racer
    hey Shawn, what rims/ tires? I have the Badlands on 3.7 LPRs and they are mean on this unforgiving turf... solid, gravel or the track.
    ERBE Badlands

RC Competitor
    Badlands tires on a set of pro-line rims and jc concept rulux rims..and yea they are great...
    Shawn
    E-Revo-Novak 6.5-LiPo's

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmlz3
    hey Shawn, what rims/ tires? I have the Badlands on 3.7 LPRs and they are mean on this unforgiving turf... solid, gravel or the track.

What tires do you recommend for the track? Right now Im running stock but I have some Flatirons that I havent used yet. They are pretty soft. Let me know. I will try to make it out there soon

RC Competitor
    see yea guys out there Sat evening at about 1800-1830
    Shawn
    E-Revo-Novak 6.5-LiPo's

RC Racer
    Hey Rob hit me up on Yahoo messenger at LMLz3. Ive broken so much stuff on my ERBE in 4 hours that I prob have another 7 hours of build left to it. Im off tomorrow so I'll be (trying) to run most of the day and do some trim work on the track.
    ERBE Badlands