Thread: need some help

RC Competitor

need some help

i need some help i have a slash 4x4 and pede 4x4 now i am looking at a summit i found a guy selling one but it is not a 2.4 ghz. is that ok to buy ??? what do i need to look at on the truck ??? any help would be great thanks
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Qualifier
    is it brushed or brushless? If brushed look at motor and see if the white fan blade looking thingys inside are still white. If they are not motor is on its last leg. Also see if he will let you run it. If the motor smokes at all it is no good. A smoking motor is a bad motor. Other than that i would maybe turn each wheel independantly to see if the diffs are still smooth. If they are stiff or click that means time for a rebuild. THats about all you will have to do.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=OnebadTMAXX3.3 If brushed look at motor and see if the white fan blade looking thingys inside are still white. If they are not motor is on its last leg.

not true my motor fan turned black the seconed run for me
    i would be more conserned about the lenght of the brushes inside and the magnet's
    as well if you can check the axile carier bearings to see if they are grity or not

RC Competitor
    do i want a brushed or brushless styl ? is a 2,4gh that much better ? and what batt do i use for bashing and rock crawling i want lots of tiem not speed
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Racer
    The summit came stock with the brushed titan 775, so if it's a brushless setup it's been changed. you can always upgrade to a 2.4 rx and tx later if you want or need too. Batteries...lipo, do a search there is a million threads on it but you'll want 2 x 2s with 5000mah rating or higher
    Your signature is not appropriate Please change it