Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

ok, a couple questions about the e revo..ride height, body, tires, etc, etc

here's a few questions for you dudes

I've been heavily leaning towards the e-maxx lately..but I've been reading alot where people say that for a little more you're getting twice the truck with an e revo...especially as far as durability's concerned

anyway, the e revo seems to have more of a truggy look right out of the box...and I would like something that sits more like a monster truck....would I be able to adjust the height of the e revo to make it sit more like an e-maxx??

as far as bodies go..does the e revo accept most after market e maxx shells?

I'm not a huge fan of the talon tires in the looks or performance category...will maxx tires fit on the e revo? like if I wanted the tires that come in the box with an e maxx, are they a direct fit on the e revo?

also, speedwise....with the same batteries, geared the same and with the same tires, would the e revo and e maxx have the same acceleration and top end? (I have two 2S lipos, 6K mah that I'd be using in one of these bad boys)

thanks!

RC Racer
    Regarding ride height, I'm sure Hoov can put up a pic proving that the revo can stand as high as an emaxx.

For the rest of the questions: maxx tires will fit on the erevo, speedwise, it all depends on gearing. Never owned a maxx, but there's a speed record of 62~ mph on the revo on the ERBE forum.

For more info, you might want to read on the FAQ. Lots of very good info there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    Regarding ride height, I'm sure Hoov can put up a pic proving that the revo can stand as high as an emaxx.
    Actually....Higher;

Also, check out THIS thread for a great way to make the truck look HUGE.

I think all he bought was a new body, wheels and body mounts. Everything else needed comes with the truck. Change the rockers to the LT ones and move the pushrods to the inner most position.
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    That ram body looks good. I like how the front bumper blends in.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    Actually....Higher;
    Take that emaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    Actually....Higher;

Also, check out THIS thread for a great way to make the truck look HUGE.

I think all he bought was a new body, wheels and body mounts. Everything else needed comes with the truck. Change the rockers to the LT ones and move the pushrods to the inner most position.
    hmmm....that makes my decision all the more difficult..lol..knowing that I can give it that extra monster truck like clearance without having to buy a single thing..the body and tires can come later

RC poster
    so what would be beter getting the longer pushrods 5319 with p3 rockers or sticking with the stock pushrods with the lt rockers?

could you use the 5319s with the lts?

how can i make my e revo sit as high as possible well and practical for jumps and riding on rough terrain grass, rocks ect

I'm not a huge fan of the talon tires in the looks or performance category...will maxx tires fit on the e revo? like if I wanted the tires that come in the box with an e maxx, are they a direct fit on the e revo?
    Talons perform much better then Chevrons.I have a Maxx and E-revo,both brushless.The Maxx stays on the shelf,unless I break the E-revo and don't have time to fix it.The E-revo handles better,is just as off road capable,and way tougher.Any Revo body will fit on the E-revo,so there's lots of truck options.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by shreder75
    anyway, the e revo seems to have more of a truggy look right out of the box...and I would like something that sits more like a monster truck....would I be able to adjust the height of the e revo to make it sit more like an e-maxx??. . . .
    If your talking about the low profile of the E-Revo body, you can raise the body mounts. Proline makes extended bodymounts. They are longer and will allow the body to sit higher off the chassis.

The E-revo sits pretty low, you could add more preload to the shocks or switch them with stiffer springs to increase its ride height.

. . .as far as bodies go..does the e revo accept most after market e maxx shells?
    Stock E-Maxx body is shorter than a stock E-Revo. Stock 2.5 Revo bodys are shorter than stock E-Revo Bodys. Revo 3.3 bodys fit. The holes for the body mounts are located differently.

Proline Application Guide

Yeah. The E-Revo and E-Maxx both come with 14mm hex hubs.

also, speedwise....with the same batteries, geared the same and with the same tires, would the e revo and e maxx have the same acceleration and top end? (I have two 2S lipos, 6K mah that I'd be using in one of these bad boys)
    R/C Vehicle Speed Calculator For Use With Brushless Motors

Might give you an Idea how they stack up against each other

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the info, man!
    they have the same gear ratios according to that site...everything being equal, I think they'd be about the same.....only difference is the maxx is a wee bit lighter than the revo

RC Qualifier
    Wee bit? According to tower looks like more than 2 lbs lighter. Doesnt seem right.
    Yeah Traxxas specs have the E-Maxx only 3oz lighter than the E-Revo.
    Last edited by rustnpede; 02-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustnpede
    Wee bit? According to tower looks like more than 2 lbs lighter. Doesnt seem right.
    Yeah Traxxas specs have the E-Maxx only 3oz lighter than the E-Revo.
    yeah, I was going by the numbers given by traxxas

RC Champion
    Yep, the E-Revo is a more versitile platform by far.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC poster

E-revo vs E-maxx

After seeing this post I started to pull towards the E-revo. Sweet pictures!!
    That picture changed my E-revo perspective!]

If anyone knows the list of parts to raise the ride height to that monster,
    please tell me because I want to put the basher in the E-revo today!!!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Warning! Driving the E-revo can cause loss of everything else but driving it!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche2015
    After seeing this post I started to pull towards the E-revo. Sweet pictures!!
    That picture changed my E-revo perspective!]

If anyone knows the list of parts to raise the ride height to that monster,
    please tell me because I want to put the basher in the E-revo today!!!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Warning! Driving the E-revo can cause loss of everything else but driving it!

change to the LT rockers that com with it it will raise it up 10mm ..change the pushrods to the outter hole farthest from the wheel and put the body mounts in there highest position ...all these things can be done with what you get with the kit.....

then taller tires will make it even higher and proline extended body mounts or summit body mounts to raise the body to the max and you got a tall monster truck with crazy amount of ground clearance

RC Champion
    How funny, actually those pictures are what made me decide to sell my maxxs and get an E-Revo back in the spring.

Like Notin said above... but you can also just move the pushrods to the inner most holes with the p2 and it still gives you pretty good height and good handling. I use the 3.3 body posts (cheap) and 3.3 bodies to give it the MT look, plus taller tires.

The LT rockers were just a little too squishy for me, but you could fix that with heavier springs and oil.
    RC Addict #341777

RC Qualifier
    Check this out for some useful info.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-E-revo-hop-up