RC Qualifier

New tmaxx roll cage?

Hi guys nother noobie question. Is it a Good idea to get a roll cage for this truck.And if so who will have Them to fit this bigger size tmaxx thanks i just want to take a little more care with this investment .Thanks again guys I have the newest tmaxx i guess its a little bigger then the old ones..

Remember Newtons Law of Inertia?

Adding the cage increases the overall weight/mass. When an object collides with something solid the more weight it has the more force of the impact causing more damage to other parts of your truck.
    They also like to tear the bodies up cause the body flexes but the cage does not....

Best thing is a nice thick body and a wing to protect your TMAXX.... I had a cage, had a nice false sense of security... Then I learned about those things called brakes, dropped the cage added the wing and never looked back.....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Remember Newtons Law of Inertia?

Adding the cage increases the overall weight/mass. When an object collides with something solid the more weight it has the more force of the impact causing more damage to other parts of your truck.
    They also like to tear the bodies up cause the body flexes but the cage does not....

Best thing is a nice thick body and a wing to protect your TMAXX.... I had a cage, had a nice false sense of security... Then I learned about those things called brakes, dropped the cage added the wing and never looked back.....

Thanks where do i find these so called wings Thanks in advance for the help..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmaxx18
    Thanks where do i find these so called wings Thanks in advance for the help..
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Tekno_Adj_Wi.../tkr1009tm.htm
    You need also buy the wing itself.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Proline_High.../pro602304.htm

RC Champion
    A wing might do better but I really like my new handle:

T-Maxx 2.5/3.3
    Supermaxx 4.6 Under Construction

RC Champion
    heck yea im working on get me on of those Madmaxx2.5
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Qualifier
    i like that roll bar too, but i was wondering if it would break the front tower being bolted to it the way it is. i guess its better the front tower then breaking the head off the crank case
    3.3 4908 MAXX

RC Champion
    I have the Full Force RC roll-bar, it's pretty much like the one MadMaxx has without the brace that attaches to the front. It's held up well, and if you use it in tandem with a wing and wing mount, you're truck is pretty well protected. And Tmaxx18, in context of RC vehicles, a wing is like an airplane's wing, which creates lift, just turned upside down. Attached to the rear of the vehicle, the wing produces "lift" called down-force, which pushes the rear wheels and tires into the ground giving it more traction, putting more of the engine's power to the ground, and ultimately providing more speed. But there is another benefit. Not only does it look good (thats in my opinion, when truggies first hit the scene some people started putting wings on their vehicles, and many people reacted to this saying that no truck should have a wing attached to it as it severely detracts from its aesthetics), but it provides quite a bit of protection, especially to the engine. These three products, used together, will provide greater benefits than a roll cage and will weigh less in total. I highly recommend these additions for your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxx2.5
    A wing might do better but I really like my new handle:

That's a roll bar not a roll cage..... I have not tried the roll bar from New Era, but never heard the complaints I have with people who have had a roll cage for a period of time......

I wonder if it is lighter or heavier than a wing and wing mount......
    When I thought the roll cage was protection......

After some experience, education and information from experienced RCr's
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 02-06-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Robin Williams

RC Champion
    That's a roll bar not a roll cage.....
    I actually thought we were talking about roll bars and not cages. Now that I have read the OP's post again -

Quote Originally Posted by Tmaxx18
    Good idea to get a roll cage for this truck

I see that we were suppose to be talking cages.
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3
    Supermaxx 4.6 Under Construction

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nitronaught.. you truck with the H2 body looked etxactly like mine... same cage, same truck, same body, same color, same tires >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit_Kaine
    Nitronaught.. you truck with the H2 body looked etxactly like mine... same cage, same truck, same body, same color, same tires >.<
    Great minds think alike....
    Robin Williams

RC Qualifier
    where did you get that handle from. you got a link for it?

RC Competitor
    From neweramodels.com. +1 to the roll bar,ilove mine

RC Qualifier
    hey cool thanks

RC poster
    After some experience, education and information from experienced RCr's
    Hey kid. Your truck looks ace! I'm hoping to get mine looking like that. What are those type of tyres for exactly? What surface I mean? I know how important tyres are so may start experimenting soon enough with different choices. I've the standard ones at the mo...
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...-maxxtyres.jpg

Please keep images to 640 x 480 or smaller.
    -Carriag042
    Last edited by carraig042; 09-01-2010 at 11:10 AM.

RC Champion
    Louisiana but originally from Ottawa, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by minmax89
    Hey kid. Your truck looks ace!

HAHahahhahaHAHHA.....Well doesn't that just make you feel young NN, he called you "kid"...I guess he don't read peoples profile...I sure wish someone called me kid from time to time...lol
    T-Maxx Predator 3.3
    Shockwave 36

RC Qualifier
    I have that chrome cage I like it for bashing I have landed on the top,nose, been t boned. had a guy land on top of it no problems.I do run a wing with it its a little heavy but that seems to keep truck planted I guess its just a matter of what ya like ...lol..
    Last edited by froggymaxx; 08-30-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMaxxer
    HAHahahhahaHAHHA.....Well doesn't that just make you feel young NN, he called you "kid"...I guess he don't read peoples profile...I sure wish someone called me kid from time to time...lol
    I don't know how old he is so he may be able to call me a kid. 80 yr old RC'r? loll

To answer the question those are Proline Crimefighter MTR series, for medium to hard packed clay. Works great in the blue groove. Kid....
    Robin Williams