RC poster

Question New Slayer Owner needs help

I am a new slayer owner and have just finished my 10th tank. Yesterday was my first time taking the slayer out on dirt. I did all of the break in on the little strip of road in front of my house. To test it in the dirt I went to a construction site where the building has not started yet. I was driving it around in the sandy areas but there were a lot of little chunks of cement hidden in the sand. And after returning home here is what seems to be wrong:

Strange noise: When the slayer is off and I roll it slowly backwards it makes a strange sqeeking noise. I am not sure how to tell what is wrong but it seems to be a new sound. It almost sounds like a really worn breakpad in a new car and the little warning thing is hitting on the breaks. My roommate thinks the flywheel took damage and is hitting on something but I could not see it hitting anywhere. So my question is what should I do? There is more trouble shooting I can do or should I just take it to the repair shop?

Another problem I had is that every single wheel hub took damage. It is just the parts that came with it but it looks like I need to replace all 4 because they have cracks and chips out of them. The tires stayed on but it doesn't look like they will stay on much longer with that much damage.

Hope that is enough information. This is my first gas powered RC car so my trouble shooting skills are still limited at this point.

Thanks,
    Jason

RC Qualifier
    I would check under all the skid plates I ran mine in gravel and it is easy to get pieces stuck in the wheels,and under skid plate and rub on drive shafts. Part of this hobby is to work on the vehicle so you know it inside and out.

I would also check to see if the brake is to tight, and after running it hard for the first time I would double check all the bolts,faseners.

Best of Luck
    Mr Twister
    Slayer,ModSctSlash,AE8E, Spektrum DX3R

RC poster
    I've noticed that the brakes will squeak when the truck is rolled backwards. As long as they're not dragging it shouldn't be an issue.

RC poster
    I Would Also Check The Pin. It Has A Cluching Sys. Inside And It May Have Sand In It , You Will Have To Pull The Motor To Take The It Off.