Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby VNT
    Straight axle crawlers will continue to be the top of the food chain. This really isn't a fair comparison. It's like apples to oranges, but this is the direction everyone has taken this thread. The Summit's pedigree traces it's roots back the very first Revo. The Revo is and always will be a race machine, plain and simple. Sure, you can market the Summit as a crawler, and it can crawl some, but it will not complete head to head with a purpose built rock crawler.
    Good thing we are not marketing it as a crawler; it is not limited to just one thing and one thing only. It is a monster truck; it is the monster of monster trucks. With that being said, letís see a straight axle crawler do the things a Summit can do.
    Ferb

RC Qualifier
    I still think that the T-Maxx is the daddy of monster trucks.
    Sarcasm...one of many services I offer.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a real world wheeler and I can promise that not all slopes are a straight 45į, often they are terraced due to weather and even traffic. Take an IFS machine and a SFA and check out the results there.

Now, I will admit, an advantage not mentioned here is the opposing force effect of a SFA. When you are pushing up on one side, the other side pushing down and that can really help on the trails. IFS won't do that and, IMO, that's the biggest downfall of IFS.

Nevertheless, the reason you don't see more 1:1 IFS rigs is that they simply break. I've been there, done that. Bought the t-shirt and wore it out.
    When working, IFS can be quite capable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTDEVIL
    Good thing we are not marketing it as a crawler; it is not limited to just one thing and one thing only. It is a monster truck; it is the monster of monster trucks. With that being said, letís see a straight axle crawler do the things a Summit can do.

thats why the summits is un stoppable it will rule the Elec rc monster truck market.
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTDEVIL
    For the price, I sure hope so. I've asked at the LHSs I go to about what the people who have bought Summits say reguarding how well they are holding up, if those people have broken any diffs or have had any other problems. The response from the LHSs are all the same, no one is buying them, too expensive. They have also said that they can't keep the Slashes in stock...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    yah it seems to be a truck for the older more established type...the people making all the cash pretty much
    @ 80% for years?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsports
    yah it seems to be a truck for the older more established type...the people making all the cash pretty much
    i seem to think so too. there are some people in my town that want one but just dont have to the money due to laid offs but as for me i work for Driectv so we are always busy so the money is good. so i can buy what i want.
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott
    I've asked at the LHSs I go to about what the people who have bought Summits say reguarding how well they are holding up, if those people have broken any diffs or have had any other problems. The response from the LHSs are all the same, no one is buying them, too expensive. They have also said that they can't keep the Slashes in stock...
    Hmm. My LHS got 3 Summits, and they all sold before I could grab one. I had to drive about 20 miles more to a shop that had one for myself. Just couldn't wait.

WORTH IT!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    Hmm. My LHS got 3 Summits, and they all sold before I could grab one. I had to drive about 20 miles more to a shop that had one for myself. Just couldn't wait.

WORTH IT!!
    I ran mine through the wringer today and so far new axle is hangin tough!
    Glad you got one , post a picture!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fifer
    I ran mine through the wringer today and so far new axle is hangin tough!
    Glad you got one , post a picture!

Mike
    Posted a few here ->http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=463715

Can't see much of the truck with all the snow on it. This poor thing is in for a hard life. . .

RC poster
    Well if definitly survived the ICE test!
    Mike

RC Competitor
    To the super class guys I say apples and oranges. Run the summit compared to your solid axle without dig or rear steer. The ability to lock and unlock the diffs is huge if you don't have rear steer or dig. If it doesn't outperform a superclass rig in those more similar conditions I'd be suprised.

RC Qualifier
    I dont care! my summit is the best rock crawler ever!!!! ....even if it's still in the box
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Moose
    It is not a purpose built crawler, and will not be able to compete with them, but for someone who wants to bash, but do a little crawling too, this is the truck.

thats exaclty why I bought my summit today!

RC Enthusiast
    My Summit is a real utility RC, drive fast or slow where ever i want ,not a crawler ,not a racer but something between like a hybrid!
    its pure fun but between wet rocks it cant compete with my AX ! break two shafts and a spidergear even with a slipping clutch.i never break an axle or a ring and pinion on any of my straight axle crawlers but a few propeller shafts (easy to fix outdoors). i think tuning parts for a 6x6 swap or some straight portal axels be the right choice for me!

here i break a spider,listen to the "krrk,krrk" noise with torque and only open diff rear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GcwIbf19Y
    Last edited by bachkrabbler; 12-12-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fill in video

RC Racer
    I bought mine for the versatility. I don't really care about speed. I wanted something that could do things that I would say "holy crap, did I just go over/through that"!!! Anyone can go fast, but that only lasts so long IMO. Every morning on the way to work, I walk past my Summit. Puts a smile on my face every day