RC Champion

Rit Dye Plastic Parts

Since this seems to be coming up a lot recently, here is a good site on how to use Rit Dye: http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lan...ying-nylon.asp And here is the list of colors they have

Just from my experience over in the rustler and stampede boards the Red and Blue seems to work the best on the Traxxas gray plastics.

I've not done my slash yet, but here's an example on my Stampede and rustler

Royal Blue:

Scarlet Red:

(I Don't recommend doing springs as they come out pink as do the chrome all-star wheels, however RPM Chrome does dye nicely.
    RC Addict #341777

RC Racer
    Those colors look really bright! How long did you end up leaving it in to get that color?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dryoung
    Those colors look really bright! How long did you end up leaving it in to get that color?
    It doesnt take long at all. I did a very dark green and a dark rust color. Only took about 8 minutes worth of soaking.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

RC Champion
    These were done last summer so i don't remember exactly, but i think the blue was about 15 minutes and the red was about 20... the best way to do it is have a timer let it in for 5 min and check it. then pull it out again after 10 etc. till you have a color you like.

The longer you let it soak the deeper the color will get. These if you get a good deep scratch in the plastic still showed the gray. but i thought it was cool cause it's like primer and gives it more character.
    RC Addict #341777

RC Competitor
    does anyone know if u can dye RPM blue plastic products a color like red or orange???
    ready to lose? because i drive a slash...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky-kid
    does anyone know if u can dye RPM blue plastic products a color like red or orange???
    you can only dye to a darker color so purple, black, and possibly maroon would be your options.

RPM has great info about all these things on their site
    5608 - coming soon
    1:1 350z

RC Champion
    Yeah most people that dye the blue parts go a deeper blue... not seen any other colors that have been tried.

RC Qualifier
    I just used this method so here is an updated link:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200510272...ying-nylon.asp
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL