Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661

    is there's any laptops Made in USA ?

    hi guys .. i need your advise here since i'm going to buy a laptop
    for my brother from the usa
    so is there's any brand Made in USA ?

    i'm sure that those made or sold for us customers are much better in quality
    the latest dell's models are so bad.. one look to it's keyboard will give you the answer : Not to buy me. it's paint almost going to fade before any use

    i'm thinking of a lenovo or a dell.
    i wish to know if there's any USA made products.
    any advise are most welcome & appreciated

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    I'm pretty sure Lenovo is made in China.

    After all, it was IBM until a few years ago and those were certainly made in China.

    Not to mention the fact that Lenovo is.. ahem.. Chinese.

    Dell might be your best bet if you're insisting it's made in the US. Even if it's manufacturing origin isn't in the US, you're still supporting an American company.
    ... and my local community. Round Rock is ten minutes north of me.
    And the Dell financial group is a bike ride away.

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    so if it's only Dell that is made or assembled in the u.s ... any recommended website ?
    i need help here, if anyone would it's appreciated.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,503
    I'm pretty sure Dell does not mfr laptops in the U.S. and haven't for some time now...

    In fact I don't think any major brand mfr's laptops in the U.S. at all.....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    I love my ASUS. A lot of electronic technology come from Asia, why not buy electronics made there?
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Wouldn't you buy "made in the USA" if you could?

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Me vivo en Los Estados Unidos
    Posts
    833
    I can't think of any electronic device that is made in the U.S. Its a shame how everything is exported now. Remember when everything in Wal-Mart was made in the U.S?
    Congatulations, you just read my signature

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    Wouldn't you buy "made in the USA" if you could?
    If it was the same price and equal or better quality.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyBuckeye
    I can't think of any electronic device that is made in the U.S. Its a shame how everything is exported now. Remember when everything in Wal-Mart was made in the U.S?
    yeah that's when sam walton ran it. i watced that documentary on wal mart and man it made me pay attention to what they stock. There are only a few things made in the US if anything at all. I think they only thing close to the states is Gateway. if i'm not mistaken , they're made in Canada
    The nitro..it's..it's..makin..me..sooo..wooozy

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    625
    Getting a laptop entirely made in the USA is not likely to happen. You can get a laptop custom built by many electronics stores but the parts they use will not necessarily be made in the USA. Some parts from USA, some from China, some from Mexico; who knows? I'm sure many things that say "made in the USA" still use some foreign parts.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western NY region
    Posts
    2,097
    personally i'd go for a panasonic...very good computers, and rugged as well, but they are pretty expensive...in fact our armed forces use them in the field...

    other choices i would recommend would be an asus laptop (they all seem to have really nice specs), or a toshiba, even some of the sony ones are nice...

    also as many have mentioned not to many electronic devices are even made in the U.S. anymore...and these days it seems that all the best electronic devices either come from japan, china, taiwan, or korea...
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000
    I love my ASUS. A lot of electronic technology come from Asia, why not buy electronics made there?
    beleive me aissiek2000, those things made in Asia and exported to EU or USA
    ar far better in quality than those eported to the ME countreies..
    they send their best to the usa to make sure that they'll not banned from
    distrobuting their stuff at North america in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    Wouldn't you buy "made in the USA" if you could?
    hmmm.. i couldn't understand your point ? i'm welling to buy it from the usa
    because it's better than those sold here.



    Quote Originally Posted by redck1979
    personally i'd go for a panasonic...very good computers, and rugged as well, but they are pretty expensive...in fact our armed forces use them in the field...

    other choices i would recommend would be an asus laptop (they all seem to have really nice specs), or a toshiba, even some of the sony ones are nice...

    also as many have mentioned not to many electronic devices are even made in the U.S. anymore...and these days it seems that all the best electronic devices either come from japan, china, taiwan, or korea...
    toshiba & the new releases of vaio became rubbish ... same as hp
    before few years Dell, Sony, Toshiba, & hp were sending here top of their best.. it looks now that they're building recycled of everything.

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Desert Jato, my post was directed at Aussiek who had previously inquired why it matters, to you, where the computer comes from.

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,503
    Any Circuit boards, power supplies, semiconductors, are all made overseas. Not in the U.S.

    Like I said, from my knowledge there isn't a name brand laptop mfr'd in the U.S.

    I have 6 Lenovo's with 2 gig RAM Win XP Pro, Dual Layer DVD, 15" display, SD memeory card slot, 160 gig drive, 1 PCMCIA slot, Wireless G netowork and 10/100 MBPS Wired network port, a 1394 port and 4 USB slots. Using the Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 and an Intel 965 Express SVGA adapter.

    I picked them up New in the Box for $680.00 a few months ago. Not one complaint from any of the users, me being one of them.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    NitroNaught, your first sentence isn't entirely accurate. I work in a semiconductor cleanroom here in Texas. There are other semiconductor companies here, too.

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Any Circuit boards, power supplies, semiconductors, are all made overseas. Not in the U.S.

    Like I said, from my knowledge there isn't a name brand laptop mfr'd in the U.S.

    I have 6 Lenovo's with 2 gig RAM Win XP Pro, Dual Layer DVD, 15" display, SD memeory card slot, 160 gig drive, 1 PCMCIA slot, Wireless G netowork and 10/100 MBPS Wired network port, a 1394 port and 4 USB slots. Using the Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 and an Intel 965 Express SVGA adapter.

    I picked them up New in the Box for $680.00 a few months ago. Not one complaint from any of the users, me being one of them.
    o.k .. which is top in performance & which is the lowest among those 3 by lenovo:
    Ideapad-Thinkpad-or N Series ? i want to narrow my option here
    between one model from lenovo and another one from dell

  17. #17
    chrysler_guy
    Guest
    acer 5515 here 3gb ram, 15" screen, 120gb hdd. $350 at walmart.
    so far its been very nice for the price, this is also my 1st vista machine. i dont think you going to find any laptop USA made. good luck though

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysler_guy
    acer 5515 here 3gb ram, 15" screen, 120gb hdd. $350 at walmart.
    so far its been very nice for the price, this is also my 1st vista machine. i dont think you going to find any laptop USA made. good luck though
    i'm thinking of getting a lenovo from the usa , i don't think that
    acer is a match for it nor dell.

    Thanks chrysler guy for the good wishings
    Last edited by Desert JATO; 01-31-2009 at 04:49 AM.

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Any Circuit boards, power supplies, semiconductors, are all made overseas. Not in the U.S.

    FYI... I work for the largest chipmaker in the World.
    Right here in Chandler, AZ.

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quartz Hill, Ca
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfink
    FYI... I work for the largest chipmaker in the World.
    Right here in Chandler, AZ.
    Man, I love doritos.....Especially Cool Ranch!!! YUMMY! J/k
    Over Spring Sports...Go NFL!!!!

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,388
    Wrong kind of chip.
    You wouldn't want to eat these.
    They're full of nasty chems.

  22. #22
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO
    i'm thinking of getting a lenovo from the usa , i don't think that
    acer is a match for it nor dell.

    Thanks chrysler guy for the good wishings
    Why don't you look at some other brands? The ASUS G50, F8, and N80 series of laptop of some of the best made.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000
    Why don't you look at some other brands? The ASUS G50, F8, and N80 series of laptop of some of the best made.
    the specifications i'm planing to get:
    2.0 Ghz intel core 2 due or higher
    2 or above MB DDR2 memeory
    13.3" Display
    128 MB min graphic card directed ( not shared )

    if you please give a link for an asus model for the spec. above if possible
    ( online link store would be better )
    Thanks

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    If you can do 14.1"
    $799 after rebate.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220390



    here is mine, but a different color and GPU.

    Last edited by aussiek2000; 01-31-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Desert JATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,661
    thanks alot those specificationa with such price is something atractive
    i'll add asus among my top options then.
    thanks again

  26. #26
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92
    hey macbooks are good for $1000, if you go to the on apple store, it has 2 ghz processor (may not sound like much but is the updated chip architecture) 2 gb ram, 120 gb hd and a graphics card with 256 mb. if you're looking for a windows machine, you should hold out for a windows 7 machine
    Wow I'm a noob:
    Nitro Sport
    Team Losi Micro DT

  27. #27
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    Anything that has vista can run 7.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,164
    Windows 7 is getting a lot of good pre/reviews on the web.

  29. #29
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,503
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfink
    FYI... I work for the largest chipmaker in the World.
    Right here in Chandler, AZ.
    You may work for the largest chip maker in the world, but most semicondictors and circuit boards are made overseas. Sorry, should not have said all.

    But most semiconductors and circuit boards are made overseas in the Phillipines, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc. Most R&D of semicondictors are here in the U.S.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

  30. #30
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Ft Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000
    If it was the same price and equal or better quality.
    I remember when people were actually willing to spend a little more to get something made in America. Its a shame those days are gone, we wouldnt be in nearly the finanical mess our country is in, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Jason_garrison; 02-03-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

  31. #31
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    STL. MO
    Posts
    1,559
    apple macbook pro. the new one uses lipo batteries, for up to 8 hours of runtime.I love mine!
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •