RC Racer

ERB vs SLASH 4x4

Help!

I have a guy (slash owner) who is going on and on about how much better the SLASH is than the E-REVO because its faster, can beat it in races, and only costs $399. He said its a better truck for the dollar.

He says most tracks are too small for the ERB and therefore it would lose in a race vs a SLASH every time.

Thoughts and info?

I think the ERB is a FAR better truck!

RC Racer
    hard to compete with 2 different size cars. merv is a lot of cheaper than slash!

i dont think that slash is faster than erbe with 6s lipos but itīs true that erbe is slower at tiny tracks. but all in all, you should only compare same size cars to each other.

RC Champion
    E-revo
    +more suspension tuning options (differentials, center diff, springs, rockers)
    +more raw power
    -heavy
    -bigger

with the extended steering stop installed the e-revo turns on a dime for a big truck. So he's just being ignorant there. The only questionable debate that you can have on the e-revo is it's weight. You could say the weight is bad if you don't have the suspension tuned... or it could be good if say you were racing a lighter slash.

Korppi is dead on. If you were to race at a larger track he'd be complaining that the track is uneccessarily large.
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-10-2010 at 02:54 PM.

RC Champion
    Biggest variable here is the driver.

All things being equal, the Slash 4x4 will probably outrun an ERBE on a smaller track. On a larger track [especially one with larger jumps], the ERBE will catch less air under the body shell than a short kite, erm... short COURSE truck , and be easier to drive overall.

Of course, if the driver of the Slash 4x4 is trying to blow the ERBE away by using too much throttle, choppy steering and too much brake, he won't be going very fast either.

I find most people that talk up their vehicle of choice over another class tend to over-drive anyway. The ones you need to watch out for in a cross-class battle are the quiet ones that seem to creep to the top of the results without too much fanfare

Bottom line, a decent driver will appreciate decent handling. A great driver will make a decent setup go faster and look better than it should. A poor driver will look fast, and their wipeouts will be spectacular!
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

I have both, if you were on a small track, I could see the Slash being faster around it. For smaller confined spaces the Slash is better, for anything else the ERBE is king. I see people claiming the Slash is just as capable of a basher. This is a laughable statement.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    we have both, it's not nice when the erbe or embe slams into a little 4x4 slash or a merv.......I'll post vids of us racing soon, track is getting re-done.
    If we all play nice, the 4x4 slash can keep up with the erbe on a little dirt track with jumps....but in the end, it's the driver.....at least amongts us.
    Ohhhh Crap~

I have both also, and the nearest track is a 1:10 - style (or so I hear the 1:8 nitro buggy guys have complained.) It was definitely waaay too tight for the box-stock E-Revos, but that was before switching to the max-throw steering stop. I think the 4s4 would have the advantage there. Now at some of the larger tracks I've seen you guys run at, as well as the mammoth one that was at Motorama in Harrisburg, PA last month, I'd guess the ERBE's advantage per lap would be a LARGE chunk of a minute.

Regarding bashing: the 4s4 does thing much more like a (semi-) real truck would. The ERBE... well there's no comparison.

RC Racer
    the slash 4x4 is waterproof. thats a biggy for me though

RC Racer
    you can get velineon waterproof kit too! wich would be good for merv. it might be good enough for erbe too if you have wet surface.

RC Qualifier
    I prefer the ERBE just because it's bigger and the suspension look really nice But I have rustler and even with 5 inch tall badland I hate doing big offroad with it. As soon as you roll over a rock bigger than around 2 inch in just hit the suspension arm or the under side of the chassis and the car is trowed in the air and almost alway land on it's lid when it's 100 feet away of you

Now with the ERBE he just eat those rock for diner. And from what I've seen in it's actual stock form it's a really durable truck and really don't need much upgrade to be almost indestructible for a normal basher and everyday racer (not saying trowing the truck 15-20 feet in the air).

ERBE FTW!
    No pain! No Gain!

RC Qualifier
    Its not easy to race on a small track, lots of throttle control is required. I havent gotten it out on a big track yet, but plan too as soon as the weather breaks. I'm going to run mine with 1/8 scale truggys.

RC Enthusiast
    to me the MERV is fun to have around the house,but too small for most tracks and not nearly as tough as the slash 4x4,different sizes though.

RC Champion
    that slash might have the upper hand on a small track but my e-revo can take falling off of 3 foot high drops onto gravel, rocks the size of the revos wheels, run across deep cute dryed out 1:1 truck tire tracks, climb up curbs ect. ect. far better then my slash ever could hands down!
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    i have both and i love them both for their own reasons.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys.