RC Enthusiast

Swaybar install pics

Hi does anyone have any clear pics of the rear swaybar install part #5998
    the front looks great but the rear to me seems it only gives compression travel , basically if you push down on the truck the suspension works if you pick the truck up the sway bars laydown on the rear frame of bumper bracket.
    im trying to see if this is normal or i just cant read direction haha. thanks for any help .

RC Qualifier
    here are some pics..........the first one is the front and the other two are of the rear..........the truck is lifted off the ground.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...1/100_0383.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...1/100_0384.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...1/100_0385.jpg
    you can't out run the General Lee!!!!

RC Racer
    I had the same issue, to resolve it all I did was take a pair of pliers in the upward bend and partially straightened it just enough to allow it to clear during extension. So far that has solve it. Sorry I don't have any pics due to a series of mods that I'm doing (it's in pieces), but once that's done I can post one if this doesnt make sense.

RC Enthusiast
    ok it seems by your pics it is supposed to rest on the frame , ill have to play around with bedning a little then , because you technically lose the rebound the way it is mounted especially for jumping i would think.

RC Qualifier
    mine don't touch the frame at all.............didn't have to bend anything.......before you go and start twisting things I would make sure you have it installed correctly.

RC Qualifier
    Are you using the kit made for the Slayer or the Revo? Some say there is no difference and there might not be, but, I have the one for the Slayer and it is not touching anything nor did I have to bend anything to get it to work properly even at full extention...

Support your local hobby shop!

RC Enthusiast
    is your link arm mounted on the bottom of the rockers or sandwiched in between them?
    im trying to post a pic i have but cant seem to do it.
    http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/o...114090554a.jpg
    ok heres what i have sorry there cell phone pics not the clearest. my arms are mounted below the rocker
    Last edited by Vic1; 01-15-2009 at 10:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    There is a difference between the kits..........thickness of the swaybars........and yes they should be mounted on the under side of the rockers.............make sure that you have the bend in the sway bar going toward the front of the truck.........not sure how much of a difference it will make if you have it backwards.......but it could be your problem.

RC Enthusiast
    now that may be it im gonna check that tonight i may have the actualy bar backwards thanks a bunch now i fell stupid haha i hope that is. by the way im heading to the hobby shop after work to pick up a new charger i have a piranha cx15 and found out the hardway it will not charge 5 cell nimh batts only 6 or 7 cell. what ones are you guys using?

RC Racer
    Let me clarify a bit... on mine, it did not hit the frame, but would hit the rear bumper frame only at full suspension droop. The bend I put was very very slight in order to clear the rear bumper frame at full droop.

also, my kit was specifically for the slayer. The bars are smaller than the kit I installed on my son's Revo and I confirmed the direction it was pointing to be sure it wasnt a problem I caused.

RC Competitor
    We have three slayers, and I have installed the Slayer sway bar kit on all three without any issues of clearance.

RC Racer
    i also had to bend the end of my rear sway bar a bit
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

RC Racer
    so are you guys saying the revo sway bars do not work.... i have the revo kit but have been un able to install it... i dont have a drill... but yeah is that what you guys are saying?
    Slayer with Picco .26
    want a jato!

RC Qualifier
    yes the sway bars are much thicker than the slayer kit...........due to the a-arm on the revo are much longer than the slayer so you need a thicker bar.......if you install the revo kit on the slayer it may not allow your rockers to move at all.

RC poster
    i have the revo kit on mine.no issues to install it was very simple.i think this better than the slayer kit due to the fact you get 2 different type of sway bars so you can tune it better.

also i have no problem with the rockers moving at all.just have a rebound issue with the shock in front and rear.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger00
    also i have no problem with the rockers moving at all.just have a rebound issue with the shock in front and rear.
    what do you mean rebound issue???
    Slayer with Picco .26
    want a jato!

RC Enthusiast
    problem solved i removed the links and it seems the rear traverl isnt as much as the front , and this is where i thought it was binding , thanks a bunch for everyones input i actually installed correctly but jumped the gun on assuming there was a issue.

RC Racer
    Vic, if you don't have full travel on the rear, take a look under the rocker, the screw that holds the link was rubbing against the uper arm... i moved it back to the lower hole and now it's good.

Ranger, yes you get 2 sway bars with the revo kit but both are too thick i also got this kit since it was the only one available when i went to my LHS but turns out that i bought the real slayer rear sway bar, and it is better.

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks ill check that out tonight.

RC Enthusiast
    Dan is there any chance you can send me a pic of where you moved the arm to? i cant seem to see any other holes on there. i feel rc illiterate.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by N9Ne_Breaker
    what do you mean rebound issue???

i started another thread about this,when the suspension compresses it does not rebound,just stays down all but a couple mm.ive adjusted the preload
    and everything but no progress.my next chore is to change to shock oil.

RC Enthusiast
    i just fixed it i redrilled the holes next to the shocks and everything clears now , from the drawings i could have sworn it was to be drilled towards the link arm but it seems i was wrong. i have full suspension again

RC Racer
    ok nice! you drilled at the wrong place?
    my digital camera is dead, if you want i can find a pic on the web if you still want to see it, but i'm glad that it's now working

RC Enthusiast
    yea it works great now exept weather here is like 8 deg so i have to wait to run the truck.
    Thanks again for your help.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic1
    yea it works great now exept weather here is like 8 deg so i have to wait to run the truck.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Only!!! it's freakin -35C here that's -31F that is cold
    can't wait for March!!!!

RC Racer
    plus there is sh... load of snow

RC Enthusiast
    you win again haha ok so im in paradise its no where near like you have.
    i used to race dirt bikes in canada years back i think the one forrest was called gendrasek and the corduroy enduro cant remember where that was. there is great trail there way better thank in NJ

RC Competitor
    I have the Revo kit on my Slayer as well with no problems. FYI, I use the silver bars front and rear. I did have a clearance problem on the rear links. Turns out the turnbuckle was contacting the bottom of the pushrod screw on the underside of the rocker. I moved the link down a touch on the swaybar to clear the screw and problem solved.

RC Racer

i only put the front ones on and they help
    Man if i could fly..........

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TunerEX

i only put the front ones on and they help
    i was going post how the front sways installed w/o rear sways handle. since most of the weight is at the back the front needs it more im getting from how street cars tune.

RC Racer
    if i wanted to make the links lighter could i just get the red alum. turnbukles???
    Slayer with Picco .26
    want a jato!

I put the revo kit on my slayer because you get 2 sets of springs I put the black ones in front and the silver ones in back. I checked the movement of the back all the way and it doesn't hit anything

Last edited by fallonguy; 01-25-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    Anyone got any awesome pictures they can upload of the front sway bar on the slayer pro? Im having a hard time mounting the bar to the chassis, im trying to get as much confirmation im doing it correctly as i can. Its killing me not being able to work it out.

There are a few photos on here i see, but the more the merrier!

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor

Wink

Hi Guys,

just thought i would upload some pictures of the front end sway bar i just installed on my Nitro Slayer Pro, as when i was looking online for other peoples pictures i could find very few the same as my car. Even the photos above are different to my car, the ones above are mounted extremely close to the disc brake, note on my car there is an inch or so gap, which threw me for a bit, i thought i was doing it wrong... anyway, works a treat.

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zg4fg8mpa...2011.47.48.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37jd82atky...2011.47.18.jpg
    Last edited by some_evil; 12-27-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Photo Upload
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    The difference in distance between the back of the shocks and brake disk is because of the length difference between the original Slayer and the Slayer Pro. I have both trucks and have installed the Slayer Sway Bar kit on both with no problems.

The directions that came with the parts were clear and easy to follow, but pay special attention to the direction/positioning of the sway bars. It is easy to install them backwards which will definitely cause the clearence issues you are describing.

Hope this helps.

V/R
    Bill