RC Qualifier

How to Reverse the rotation of a Velineon motor?

In reading the Velineon manual it says:

"The wiring (phase alignment) of the motor determines its direction of rotation. Refer to the wiring diagram on page 13"

But on page 13 it just shows the + and - for the battery, and then Blue, Yellow, White for the motor. It does not show how to run the motor wires if you want to reverse the rotation. Of course on a brushed system you would simply reverse the + and - motor wires, but with the brushless motor you have 3 wires.

RC Racer
    if i remember correctly reverse any two wires to reverse motor direction.
    What?

RC Champion
    im not BL guy really but arnt 2 of the wires going directly to esc delivering power and all and isnt the other ground or something...lol
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Champion
    i know one is pos and one is neg, but the other oneis ground or like a super pos? lol
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Qualifier
    From the E-Revo FAQ:

simply switch any two of the wires from the esc to the motor around (outer two ideally, leaving the centre wire alone).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by emaxxbasher
    From the E-Revo FAQ:

simply switch any two of the wires from the esc to the motor around (outer two ideally, leaving the centre wire alone).
    erevo? they talking about the brushless one that isn't out?
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

What would be the point of reversing the rotation of the velineon on a reversible esc. Just use the transmitter reversing switch.

The motor will work in reverse the same as forward plugged in to the esc as it should be.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc!!!
    erevo? they talking about the brushless one that isn't out?
    No........

RC Qualifier
    As has been said several times already in this thread, to reverse the rotation of a brushless motor, you simply switch any two of the three motor wires. These wires aren't positive or negative, they're just the three phases of the motor. During normal motor operation, each wire spends half its time as positive and half its time as negative anyway; switching them just reverses when it's positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by aramid
    As has been said several times already in this thread, to reverse the rotation of a brushless motor, you simply switch any two of the three motor wires. These wires aren't positive or negative, they're just the three phases of the motor. During normal motor operation, each wire spends half its time as positive and half its time as negative anyway; switching them just reverses when it's positive or negative.
    If this post does not answer the question, then I don't know what will. Good job!
    The Super Derecho

just switch the outer 2 wires around.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519
    What would be the point of reversing the rotation of the velineon on a reversible esc. Just use the transmitter reversing switch.

The motor will work in reverse the same as forward plugged in to the esc as it should be.
    Can you do that on a brushless? Because you cant on a brushed. With current limitations and motor timing (not an issue with bl). Also I run a transmitter that is 70/30 on the throttle (not adjustable) if its calibrated at that then it would be all screwy if I reversed it.
    What?

It has no brushes so it will run the same in forward or reverse and both have braking.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by osteologation
    Can you do that on a brushless? Because you cant on a brushed. With current limitations and motor timing (not an issue with bl). Also I run a transmitter that is 70/30 on the throttle (not adjustable) if its calibrated at that then it would be all screwy if I reversed it.
    There's no reason this couldn't work, if you're deeply upset about the motor wire colors not lining up. You'd have to recalibrate the ESC, of course, to deal with slight differences in throttle travel - particularly with 70/30, but it'd still be a good idea with 50/50.

However, what's the great hardship in switching two wires? I'd much rather spend 10 seconds doing that than several minutes adjusting my controller and recalibrating everything.

RC Racer
    If you just reverse your transmitter you won't have to change any of your settings, it's automatically applied.

RC poster
    Same prob with slice A-5 need to swap wires anybody call traxx I need to do it once not twice

Called traxxis it can be donr on trans easy mines working
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-08-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: merge