Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,480 of 1520
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RootzMan
    I've got a Kershaw Designs LCG chassis on order, which will help with the layout.
    The Kershaw chassis should be really good for speed runs. Like you said, the batteries will be lower, with a couple strips of whatever material you choose to serve as spacers, you could bring the plate that supports those batteries down even more. As low as the front and rear skid plates if you wish. You would need longer screws to bring the bottom plate down.
    I'm not a big fan of using an off road truck for speed runs but I still am amazed at the amount of work and ingenuity you guys put into going faster and faster.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    Yeah. Dan at Kershaw is sorting out some spacers and longer screws for me. If your electric MT ain't fast enough for you, KD is the place to go. A great selection of motors there.

Talking about motors, in case you'd wondered, the motor is a Neu 1521/1.5D. same motor Nic Case used to get his streamliner to 161mph. Well, not the exact same one but ya know what I mean.

Cheerz!

R tz
    I've been "edited for content" ie deleted.

RC Racer
    Can't wait for video of that.
    76 mph ERevo, youtube, my user ID is Jethro450

RC Champion
    If your electric MT ain't fast enough for you, KD is the place to go.
    Yeah... Don't get me started.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Competitor
    so what is the current record for the fastest revo
    more power oh...oh...oh...oh...oh

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its 91.2 mph.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    If you have pics of the car on this page can you link the post. I don't feel like going through all the pages lol
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

just popping the threads up for the newbies
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultivate
    If you have pics of the car on this page can you link the post. I don't feel like going through all the pages lol
    Hi Cultivate,

Links to my car are on the next page back. Here are a few more:

...And finally, a shot of how she looked after the Speed Championship..

She hit a small pile of bricks at somewhere between 60 and 80. Best recorded speed I got over the weekend was 69. There's plenty of power left, as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2p3IYbNms0

I've got plenty of excuses but I won't bore you with them. If you're interested, take a look at..

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index...sg9852#msg9852

So! Over_Revo, you can breath easy for a little while yet!

All the best!

R tz
    Last edited by RootzMan; 09-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice build! Poor Revo and poor poor wallet I hope your motor works!

RC Champion
    Hi Cultivate,

Links to my car are on the next page back. Here are a few more:

...And finally, a shot of how she looked after the Speed Championship..

She hit a small pile of bricks at somewhere between 60 and 80. Best recorded speed I got over the weekend was 69. There's plenty of power left, as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2p3IYbNms0

I've got plenty of excuses but I won't bore you with them. If you're interested, take a look at..

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index...sg9852#msg9852

All the best!

R tz
    Everybody seems to be flipping at the same point in the track. Tough day to run with such a windy conditions no?
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Racer
    My wallet thanks you for the sympathy, Manne, but he's hungry. PM me for his address.

djbis: Yeah. There were many more blow-overs than those on YouTube. In fact, one guy did exactly the same flip one run after another. One car flipped about 15 feet in the air and landed back on its wheels! Impressive stuff! The wind didn't help but I'm not sure that's the whole story.

Cheerz!

R tz

Rootz, from the video, I honestly think the narrow slayer arms are hurting your stability.
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Racer
    Hi Nitrostarter,

Well, the wider Revo track certainly gives more stability but the narrower Slayer track reduces frontal area and therefore aerodynamic drag. The first two runs in the video aren't really representative. The third gives a better idea and it's getting much more drivable. The main problem is ,that at this extreme ride height, the steering geometry was thrown for a loop but I've got some ideas there. I'm not wedded to the Slayer set-up and may revert to Revo - I've got some ideas about aero. Now I have the opportunity to have a good think about how I'll rebuild the truck. Thanks for your contrib. I'll add it to the mix.

Cheerz!

R tz

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

All the best!

R tz

Keep it going!

I dont have any problem getting beaten , Records are made to be broken!

but in my mind, we kept the original size of the truck, wich will remain the quickest revo for me. Doesnt mean if you beat our mark it doesnt count, theres still a lot of revo in your truck. We just like to keep it stock looking even if it hold us from going faster sometimes.

ABmods

I may have to finally enter this and give it a shot.
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    Keep it going!

I dont have any problem getting beaten , Records are made to be broken!

but in my mind, we kept the original size of the truck, wich will remain the quickest revo for me. Doesnt mean if you beat our mark it doesnt count, theres still a lot of revo in your truck. We just like to keep it stock looking even if it hold us from going faster sometimes.

Hi Over-revO,

Good to hear ya don't mind bein' beaten 'cos I'm gonna beat ya.

It's all a question of how far you wanna go, isn't it? My target is, and always was 100mph and it wouldn't have been if you hadn't gotten so close. My speed racer buddies think I'm crazy, trying to "polish a turd" but, hey, it's fun and that's what matters most.

nitrostarter: Bring it on!

Cheerz!

R tz
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-17-2010 at 10:57 PM.

RC Racer
    I think if an owner of the E-Revo adds 4 batteries and 2 ECS and 4 Brushless TC40 or neu motor and each of ECSs connects to 2 engines and each of the engines connects to 2 wheels and if wheels were that pro versions,he/she could add a record to the Guinness book for the fastest RC monster truck ever created!.

P.S: and if all pinions were +82 teeth! and all of the batteries were 6S LiPo +4500 mAh ... (continue reading from before "he/she") .
    Sorry for my bad English!

RC Racer
    P.S: seems dreamy,isn't it?
    Last edited by D@nooshTRX; 09-18-2010 at 11:26 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by D@nooshTRX
    I think if an owner of the E-Revo adds 4 batteries and 2 ECS and 4 Brushless TC40 or neu motor and each of ECSs connects to 2 engines and each of the engines connects to 2 wheels and if wheels were that pro versions,he/she could add a record to the Guinness book for the fastest RC monster truck ever created!.

P.S: and if all pinions were +82 teeth! and all of the batteries were 6S LiPo +4500 mAh ... (continue reading from before "he/she") .
    Hey D@nooshTRX. TBH, I have no idea what a TC40 is but, if you think that's the way to do it, go ahead. Be my guest.

BTW...

It's not easy to run 2 motors from a standard ESC, especially sensorless.

Guinness only recognises scale speed records but FYI, the current Guinness record is 145.53mph from a 1:10 car. That would certainly be the fastest Monster Truck, by about 50mph!

I suspect that you have plenty of long, straight roads in Iran. Not so many here in the UK. You should give it a go!

Good luck!

R tz

and each of ECSs connects to 2 engines and each of the engines connects to 2 wheels
    Uumm, you don't use an ESC for an engine--only for a motor.

Rootz those are some wicked vids, and your's was one of the meanest lookin revo's I've ever seen!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Hey D@nooshTRX. TBH, I have no idea what a TC40 is but, if you think that's the way to do it, go ahead. Be my guest.
    TC40 is a incredible motor (or R/C car) that can go as fast as 124 mph!!!
    and my problem is I don't have ERBR right now (maybe next summer I get one).

BTW... I really sorry about your wallet and of course your ERBE, I am a lover of ERBE and the Summit. (and summit itself!).

Guinness only recognizes scale speed records.
    that's too bad... somebody should make an institute or something which can records speed of R/Cs.

I suspect that you have plenty of long, straight roads in Iran. Not so many here in the UK. You should give it a go!
    yup you're right, I can remember I was riding a bike and I hit 21 mph!!!! but of course the wind helped me! and my bike is really really light. but most of roads have pit and mound... .
    Uumm, you don't use an ESC for an engine--only for a motor.
    Engine...Motor....Motor...Engine I have no Idea what the differences are (sorry for my bad English)...at least my dictionary says they are same...(rubbish dictionary?)...
    Last edited by D@nooshTRX; 09-19-2010 at 05:57 AM.

RC Racer
    EDIT: Double Post due to Browser Malfunction. Marshals feel free to delete this, please.
    Last edited by vpr5703; 09-19-2010 at 07:00 AM.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Racer
    @D@nooshTRX. An engine is powered by some sort of burnable fuel. (Gasoline, Diesel, Glow, Propane...) A motor is driven by electricity. I like this friendly competition between people.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pulled from dictionary.com

mo·tor   /ˈmoʊtər/ Show Spelled
    [moh-ter] Show IPA

–noun
    1. a comparatively small and powerful engine, esp. an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.

vs....

en·gine   /ˈɛndʒən/ Show Spelled
    [en-juhn] Show IPA

–noun
    1. a machine for converting thermal energy into mechanical energy or power to produce force and motion.

Not to turn this into a huge debate, but they're pretty much interchangable. At least they're close enough that I wouldn't go around trying to correct people on it.

Attached is a picture of my enginecycle.

RC Racer
    guess I made a very big mistake!!!! sorry for that...

BTW,is the owner of that E-revo (the ERBE which hit the 92.1) here? can he remove the spoiler and re-test it in a better road? maybe it can reach 94-6 (?)...

RC Racer

BTW,is the owner of that E-revo (the ERBE which hit the 92.1) here? can he remove the spoiler and re-test it in a better road? maybe it can reach 94-6 (?)...
    No, its not a big mistake. I do it all the time, and English is my main language! Don't worry about it. Because you were talking about ESCs, most people will assume that an engine doesn't use an ESC and in fact, you were talking about a motor. Hope that helps.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Racer
    I'd like to see more information about the TC40 motor. The Team Associated TC4 is a popular car to modify for speed records. Maybe that's what you mean? If not, can you find it for me?

There are two organisations that recognise RC speed records:

The International Speed Challenge (ISC) - Mainly USA

http://www.rc-isc.com/

The Radio Operated Scale Speed Association (ROSSA) - Rest of the World

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

and http://www.rossa.org.uk

Both bodies sanction speed record events and speeds recorded at those events. I'm a member of ROSSA as I live in the UK.

Engine / motor. I'm not bothered, whichever you use.

Cheerz!

R tz

RC Qualifier
    I've never went for a speed record or anything....but if i was going to try for it... What gearing would I need to START at? and also...r u all running Center Diffs when you are trying for speed. It helps keep me from popping wheelies on the track. just wondering. Thanks in advance..

Heres my Baby!

Youtube Search- Tommy Wooten RC

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyplumbr
    I've never went for a speed record or anything....but if i was going to try for it... What gearing would I need to START at? and also...r u all running Center Diffs when you are trying for speed. It helps keep me from popping wheelies on the track. just wondering. Thanks in advance..

Heres my Baby!

Hey Tommy! Nice lookin rig ya got there. I started at 32DP / 0.8MOD and pretty quickly changed to MOD1.0. The gearing you use depends mostly on the power your motor will give you. It's really a matter of experimentation. Spurs are cheaper than pinions so get a couple of medium/large pinions and a set of spurs that are as small as you can get. Then start experimentin'. Start with the smaller pinion and the biggest spur. Don't do more than 2 runs at a time and check the motor temp every run. When it gets too hot, let it cool down completely before another run.

I don't use a centre diff and, before you ask, don't bother with the 2-speed.

Oh! and find yourself a nice long, straight piece of asphalt, ideally with grass on both sides and nothing to crash into.

Good luck!

Cheerz!

R tz

RC Racer
    Tommyplumbr: nice body. can we get a closeup of the paint on the side? it looks great. If you're doing speed runs you may want to take off the wheelie bar assembly though. (:

RootzMan: sorry about the crash, looks like it was brutal. hope there were some salvageable expensive stuff... I never broke anything more than a bulkhead or half shaft on mine, but my E-Revo stays below 60mph

ducati777: nice enginecyle!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

It is really unstable on the rear end from about 75mph, we had to run the wing, but we could control how much diownforce.
    ABmods

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyplumbr

Heres my Baby!

Nice revo

Id say depending on how much room you have, start with 27t 54t 32P and see how your truck feel, it wont be useful to run mod1 if your truck is not setup properly, you will see how your truck handle with that gearing

It should hit 75-80 on good runs.

To hit 91.2mph we used 24t 36t mod1 with a Neu 1515 1.5d
    Same gearing with the 2200kv we got 88 mph, but both could have probably gone a little faster as it was not 100% clean runs. But we couldnt get any other clean runs, we had 2-3 esc going in flame and decided to stop there.

ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for all the info!! very good stuff to know. I've got a TON of upgrades done to my ERBE. Mainly for racing.... sway bars, single JR DS8711 Servo, upgraded shocks...etc, etc. What kind of mods do i need for high speed runs?? I'll start with the 27t 54t 32P and see how she does with that. I have a ton of spare motors (different turns) for 1/8th and Monsters. I can experiment with those also. I'm figuring I need to set my 3Pk to about 10% dual rate lol. i'm sure going 70+ it's easy to get a bit swirly. Over Revo-What Lipos were you using to hit 91+? 2- 3S or 8S..? I've got 2- MaxAmps 6000XL 3S lipos I play around with sometimes....will that be enough? oh yeah....RootzMan- I got a 2.5mile stretch of pavement about 5 miles from my house with very little traffic, and has a ton of fluffy grass on each side. Should be ideal! I'm not planning on breaking 91, i'll be happy if i can hit 85 without ripping the tires off. Shonen- Heres some closeups of my body and a few more pictures.

This is my single servo mod, shocks and sway bars. JR SERVO IS AWESOME!!!

Me getting my body dirty for the first time!

and here is the closeup of the side.

1stGenCRXer did this body for me, i did not paint it myself.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    We used 6S (2X 3S) Thunder power 40C 4200mah

With maxamp 5000mah 30C it was noticeably slower, i dont remember.
    The SMC we used were better than the maxamp.

And for the other question about the center diff(who ever asked it...)
    its not great for top speed, make it harder to control at those speed and you will wear out the front tires quick! and need more room toget to speed...

ABmods

RC Qualifier

its not great for top speed, make it harder to control at those speed and you will wear out the front tires quick! and need more room toget to speed...

I rather run SMC or SPC Batteries anyways MaxAmps is waaay over rated. I usually buy my batteries from http://www.spcracing.com/ Best batteries by a mile that i have tried. Just havn't got any 3S from them yet. O..and that center diff question was also in my first post. Thanks for the info.....guess i'll take it out when i'm going for this attempt. I'm definately recording this since it might be a disaster!! I'm gonna try to pick up some pinions and spurs from my hobby shop this week when i go to the track. Thanks a ton for ALL of your help!!

RC Qualifier

Over even a year later the tires have been my biggest problem and expense.
    I have to take a pic I have so many blown out phaltlines its insane a pile.
    Also need a better motor mount. When I get the 3 bad ESCs back from the Maunfacturer I am back in. But what ever happened to belted tires from HPI?
    They never came out
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dont know about the belted ones? never knew about that, that would be nice.
    We are still running the same tires, they are pretty thin in the center now though lol

We will shortly run the RC8Te, so they might explode because of that...
    I dont know if we got a lucky set, but they are still holding!

Right now they are on the nitro revo, we are 75mph so far so its not pushing them to their limit like the RC8Te will...

Cant wait to hear some updates from you, wish you best of luck!
    ABmods

RC Racer

So, Im gonna make an attempt at the speed thing....

What precautions should I take or tips to do to get max mph?

Gonna try .8 first before I go to mod 1. I hit 62.6 mph with a 2200kv, 26t/50t, and 2s just messing around with some old stock re-glued talons that I didn't care if they exploded. Uncharacteristically they held up!

I am trying to find some phaltlines without paying $80+ for them but having a hard time!(Anyone out there wanna get rid of theirs???? )
    I found someone that has a set of 3 for a reasonable price if only I could find someone with an "extra" tire/wheel.

For a speed run should slipper be tightened all the way to prevent slipping upon acceleration or leave a little to avoid flipping or will it really matter at such high speeds?

RC Competitor
    I am trying to find some phaltlines without paying $80+ for them but having a hard time!
    I found me a set of 4 on e-bay for only $45 + $9.99 shipping, I should have them in a few days.

I bought a set of Castle Pinion gears (16t - 28t), well first off they are aluminum, but they turned down the diameter where the set screw goes so that the set screw is very small, uses the 1.5mm hex wrench, my overall opinion of these are not good, wish I would've got some better steel ones with the larger set screw.

I also got the 50t spur, so far I can only get the 26t pinion to fit on the motor as the 28t hits the motor mount, going to have to modify the mount or get a different brand one that will allow the 28t pinion to fit.

Waiting for the tires to get in before making any speed runs.

Will keep you posted.

Deke
    dbl stuffed oreo's are the best! :)