RC Racer

stampede to rustler conversion

hey there. guys. i have a quick question. i have a stampede vxl. i am looking to convert it to a rustler. i found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

is this exactly the same as the rustler vxl chassis. is there anything else id need. transmission and everything etc will obviously come out of my stampede

RC Qualifier
    you need steel camber link if you going vxl those one are plastic..

For $30 that is a great deal in my eyes. Throw your VXL system and tranny on it and you will be good to go. Even with the XL-5 camber links and maybe the carriers are bushing/bearing are XL-5 it is still a great start to a Rusty conversion and you can upgrade what you need as you break it or have the time and funds to do.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    That looks pretty decent, especially if you want brand new, but another option if you're patient is to lurk on eBay for a few days and you can probably get a Rustler roller for the same price, and you can use/sell/trade the spare stuff.

Just a thought, and have fun.

RC Racer
    problem is, im in the uk and shipping is $36!!what a joke. thats more than the roller

RC Enthusiast
    The differences between the stampede, and the rustler, are extremely few. The chassis, and the steering are the only differences. Camber blocks, wheel carriers, A-Arms, are all the same between the two.
    All you will need, is to mount the trannie, and use the axle carriers (front and rear) from your VXL, and yer golden. VXL version of both the stampede and the rustler use different axle carriers from the XL-5 (XL-5 was bushings, VXL is 5116 bearings)

RC Champion
    may have what you want, PM'd ya
    Screamin stable of Lipo'd brushless power!