Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    No pressure...
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Popoxx I am sorry if I have let the secret out, but you made it far too obvious.

I'm not really sorry, I'm just desperate to see the first vids!!! I thought everybody knew anyway!

Double backflips?? That requires 6s, surely!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No way, you can double backflip with NiMH packs, it's all in the ramp/jump used.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    No way, you can double backflip with NiMH packs, it's all in the ramp/jump used.

Going round and round in a drainpipe doesn't count. joke

If you can do a double backflip with a Revo or a Maxx on Nimh packs, I would love to see a video. Unfortunately I doubt you can, but there's a challenge for you! Just my opinion.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just because you can't do it means it can't be done? I don't have any NiMH packs so I can't get new video, and I have zero video of my old E-Maxx, but double-backflips are nothing with the right ramp. I mean, my RC18T on 7.2v 1500mAh Elite NiMH packs will do DBs off of my big ramp. It's all in the ramp, not the vehicle or batteries.

RC Champion
    the same thing happend to my 2200 motor to i had a bad roll over and didn't have a body on
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    Popoxx I am sorry if I have let the secret out, but you made it far too obvious.
    Don't worry eemmaaxxxx, it was deliberately obvious of course

RC Champion
    Today I did a sweet bash session I noticed that after :

The wires suffer so I raised the body.

Yes... again... Too much flex Revoš ? I think so.

I discovered this damage before the session. A sharp rock or a piece of solid wood ? So I mounted my Mulcher tires in front and Masher in back. Great setup !

It's a pleasure to drive this truck It's smooth, powerful & sturdy. My lipo packs are great (runtime for one pair : 45' ) and the temps are correct : 115°F motor / 100 MMM / 90 batts.
    I'm going to receive my axle carriers (no problem so far with the RPM ones I re-installed, strange...) and stiffer shock springs.

FYI here are my MMM settings, they are perfect for my driving style :

More pics soon and vids in new bash spots this summer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can't believe you ripped the Masher! It's not so much the cost of having to buy another pair of tyres, it's the pain of having to re-do a beadlock UNless you find them easy?

RC Champion
    You're right it's really boring to mount a tire on a beadlock wheel... But I love them And I have to mount only one tire (8 screws), not four (32 long screws !!)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    The First Vid !!

Vid => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0q_i_VCR4 <= Vid

I didn't resist ! I wanted to bash ! So I installed old RPM axle carriers to replace the broken ones and let's go
    I know the vid is short but all my SD cards were full And I shredded my spur gear...

Here are the pics after the session :

^^ frontflip attemps

Short session but lots of fun
    I believe this is your problem:

Quote Originally Posted by ballz6spd
    I went through a lot of nylon spug gears due to crashing at the track lid side first. The lexan body would collapse and the brunt of the crash would get transferred to the motor which would bend the motor plate and strip the gear. I threw an RC Solutions roll cage on... no more spur gear issues.
    I also think it has alittle to do with the plastic chassis twisting and warping in landing, crashes, etc. It happens.
    I say either stop jumping your Revo, or get a KD chassis, or convert a Nitro chassis, or get a RC Solution roll cage. As you can see just as Ballz6spd said your body is giving hitting your motor even cutting the insulation of your motor wires. Or sell your Revo and keep doing backflips with the Maxx. Or a combination of the above.

The RC Solutions cage will keep solve both problems.

RC Champion
    Yeah I landed many times on the body (it's hard to do frontflips ! ).
    The RC Solutions' E-Revo roll cage looks good but if I buy one I would like to use it under my Revo 3.3 body. I sent an email to RC Sol. to know if it can work.

"Or sell your Revo and keep doing backflips with the Maxx" : no problem for the 2nd suggestion

RC Champion
    Today I drove my E-Revo in a construction site, very funny !
    Lots of talus and bumps = breakage

Rear shock tower :

Antenna tube :

Body :

Of course I had spare parts !
    I love this hobby !

No vid sorry, maybe next week

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's not a shock tower, it's a body mount, just so you know when you go to order replacements.

RC Champion
    Yep I had forgotten that this part isn't a body mount and a shock tower (contrary to the E-Maxx). My E-Revo is still a new toy for me old master !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hehe !

RC Qualifier
    what would be the best way to fix this? i did the exact same thing to mine and i tried shrinkwrapping it, but it always leaves a tiny bit of exposed wire on the bottom where it meets with the motor

thanks!

BTW: awesome build, i love the look of the mashers!

RC Champion
    A one inch wide heavy duty heat shrink bought at some electronics supply store. Almost 1 mm thickness of material to protect those wires.

It's been fun. See ya.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Put a piece of shrink-wrap on the white wire by itself, then put a piece over all three wires and over the black plastic piece they go into.

RC Champion
    Put a piece of shrink-wrap on the white wire by itself, then put a piece over all three wires and over the black plastic piece they go into.
    Right and then get a Proline that may or may not completely protect you are simply get a RC-Solutions cage problem solved

RC Champion
    Sorry to hear about the problems Popoxx! I ripped a little straight line rip in one of my badlands the other day still not as bad as your mashers.
    Last edited by Kcaz25; 06-21-2009 at 12:58 AM.

RC Champion
    As mistercrash and Revoš said, shrink-wrap is your friend for this problem brett_dirtbike Currently I use sturdy tape but I'll buy shrink-wrap sooner or later.

You can also buy a rollcage (http://r-cstore.com/store/product_in...roducts_id=259) as said Kcaz25.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz25
    Sorry to hear about the problems Popoxx! I ripped a little straight line rip in one of my badlands the other day still not as bad as your mashers.
    It's really frustrating to rip a tire because it's not a common part that we have in our tool boxes
    I received my set of Masher tires to replace the ripped one so it's fixed

But I destroyed the hex of one of my Maximizer beadlock !

A perfect circle replaced the hex...

I have 8 wheels so it's not a problem I have ordered a new set nevertheless

RC Champion
    It's really frustrating to rip a tire because it's not a common part that we have in our tool boxes
    I received my set of Masher tires to replace the ripped one so it's fixed

But I destroyed the hex of one of my Maximizer beadlock !

A perfect circle replaced the hex...

I have 8 wheels so it's not a problem I have ordered a new set nevertheless
    Right is that 17mm? I used to do that to 14. I'm sure you realize this but if this becomes a common occurance you can beef up to 23mm. Thats what I use and its never even slipped.

RC Champion
    Yep it's 17mm. I really don't know how I did that, maybe a defective part or a mistake during the tightening of the nut.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep it's 17mm. I really don't know how I did that, maybe a defective part or a mistake during the tightening of the nut.
    The wheel nut wasn't tight and came loose...that's what causes 17mm hex wheels to strip.

RC Champion
    The wheel nut wasn't tight and came loose...that's what causes 17mm hex wheels to strip.
    Sir yes sir !

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the help guys, i put a new small peice of shrink tube over the tear and secured it with two small zip ties, then covered the whole thing with a big shrink tube

my heat gun is currently the #1 most used tool in the shop, like a hair dryer on steriods, alot better than using a flame

RC Qualifier
    Awesome Build and Awesome Thread!
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sir yes sir !
    Now drop down and give me 20 push-ups!

RC Champion
    Now drop down and give me 20 push-ups!
    Only 20 ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigART71
    Awesome Build and Awesome Thread!
    Thanks !

RC poster
    Same problem here on one of our test maxx trucks last month. We have ripped two maximizer wheels too. Now, we have analyzed the problem, finally the contact surface between the wheel nut and the rim is very small. Additionally the contact surface on the nut is very slick and the thread tolerances are on the large side. All this prevents a secure nut fitting.

But we fixed this with a new wheel hub with secure nut. Maybe Popoxx would like to be the first one who is able to test our wheel hub combination for free. We are expecting the first prototypes out of manufacturing mid july.

If the wheel hub combination works how we are expecting, start of production will beginning in August. We will shipping the wheel hub combo by the end of August. Pre orders will be accepted after successful testing mid August. More details coming soon.

Popoxx if you have interest don't hesitate to contact me.
    Last edited by HPP2009; 06-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.

RC Champion
    I don't think it's a recurring problem HPP2009. Traxxas 17mm wheel hubs + Maximizer beadlocks is a great setup. I think I made a mistake when I tightened the nut or when I installed the beadlock on the hub.

But if you have some pics of your solution you can post them here no problem

RC Champion
    To prevent dust, gravel, leaves, twigs, etc. from damaging the fan of the MMM I
    cut a square (3.1mm x 3.1mm) in a thin metallic grille and I put it between the mounting plate and the MMM case. It's a common but good mod

RC poster
    I don't think it's a recurring problem HPP2009. Traxxas 17mm wheel hubs + Maximizer beadlocks is a great setup. I think I made a mistake when I tightened the nut or when I installed the beadlock on the hub.

But if you have some pics of your solution you can post them here no problem
    Dear Popoxx

You are right, the 17mm wheel hubs + Maximizer beadlocks is a great setup, but the problem is reproducible. Some wheel hub nuts have no problems some does. The nuts they have unclamped, have thread tolerances on the larger side.

At this time I can't post pics of our solution. Otherwise the business competition made it ;-) I'll post pics from the prototype mid july after hard testing.

BTW: You have a nice maxx setup ;-)

RC Champion
    No problem HPP2009, so we're waiting your pics and review

RC Champion
    This weekend I wanted to do a hike with my E-Revo in my favorite forest (with lots of rocks ) but the MMM didn't want to work !! I plug the packs, I turn on the radio, I turn on the MMM... and nothing ! No smoke, no smell, no strange noises/sounds, nothing. I think the switch is died
    So I'm going to send it to Castle... I used my MMM 6-7 times and I have already a problem. That was predictable, but it's really boring
    One of my MMM is dead, the other is lost... Yippee...

RC Competitor
    just cut out the switch entirely, I just had the same thing happen to mine.

RC Qualifier
    How exactly is your procedure. You have the red and black that goes to the switch, so do you just splice them togeter I'm assuming. And then use an servo cable extension for the receiver and use the mamba esc to connect to it for your on/off?
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, just cut off the switch and solder the black and red wires together, done.