Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    I think we're talking about different red wire I made a series adapter as the one of the ERBE (it's a series adapter isn't it ? ).

Thanks for the tip for bullet connector soldering

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When I said the "red" wire should go from positive to negative, I WAS NOT talking about the adapter in the pictures I posted...I was talking about the adapter that was originally posted...got confusing I guess, heh!

You're welcome on the soldering tip!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Popoxx,
    what Revo1 wants to know is if you polarized your connector correctly.

And yes you made a series harnas.

pdcsq : I use a female connector on the MMM side ! And I know, I would have made that harness directly with the MMM wires but they are too short and I don't know how to solder bullet connectors
    You did not use a female connector on the MMM side, you used a female connector on the MMM. You used a male connector on the MMM side of the harnas.
    And pdcsq is right, when you plug in your two wbatteries in your harnas, and the MMM side is unplugged you risk shorting it because the two contacts are exposed.
    Always use a female connector on the voltage-holding side...
    Your post was edited for inappropriate language.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    pdcsq : I use a female connector on the MMM side ! And I know, I would have made that harness directly with the MMM wires but they are too short and I don't know how to solder bullet connectors
    Sorry, meant male connector on the MMM side.
    That's what you should have done.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Champion

Alive !!

I received the last parts

I'm ready to bash

I have to find another way to replace the vent battery compartment. The mod I wanted to do doesn't work so for the moment I use a tie wrap (I waste 2 tie wraps as soon as I replace my batteries... ).

Direct access to the switch (I know the wires are dangerously exposed...).

RC Champion
    Pics of the monster before the first bash session :

Review of the session this evening

RC Racer
    Great build thread .You are missing a wheelie bar tho.I have a feeling you are going to need one .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! The mighty beast is finished!!! Can't wait to see your review! (video?).

How easy is it to sorten the motor wires on the MMM?

RC Qualifier
    That looks awesome! I think that the revo body looks better than the e revo one too.
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Champion
    Looks great Popoxx! Can't wait for the review

I hate that I don't remember but (and kinda don't feel like looking through the thread) are those Mashers 40 series or Maxx size? I am trying to decide which to get, and would love if you would let me know which you have, to help me decide as they look great.
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those are Maxx size.

RC Champion
    That looks nice! Can't wait to see some vids

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Oh, Popoxx, you need to reset your camber...it looks like it is positive on the front, and it should be between 1ē and 2ē negative.

RC Champion

1st review

The first bash session wasn't memorable !!

First I began with some runs on a road to test the power of the MMM :
    I'm very satisfied with the top speed and torque. I use a 4s setup with a 54/18 FGR. For racing my E-Revo is perfect. What about bashing ?

I went on one of my favorite playground and I broke the lower rod end of the front right pushrod during the landing of my first (little) jump ! Not a big deal, and I think it was a defective rod end. Then after some little jumps I wanted to test the E-Revo in the air. I pulled the trigger (full throttle !), I took off, I seen my E-Revo 6 meters above me, I said "oh boy !", and I landed... unfortunately... The two lower front pivot balls popped out the RPM axle carriers. End of the session. Playing time : 10'

BUT ! I'm very happy about the performances of the E-Revo. One word to describe it : smoothness.
    I need to tune my MMM again so that I can control it better in the air (I need instantaneous braking), but I have to say that this ESC is great ! I hope it's durable
    Even with blue and silver springs + 60wt shock oil the suspension is too soft. So I have ordered purple and pink springs.
    I have also ordered the stock axle carriers to replace the RPM ones...
    It's strange because I have never had problems with my RPM axle carriers in my E-Maxx If the stock axle carriers aren't strong enough too I will buy the RD Racing ones.

So I'm waiting for these parts I hope the 2nd test will be better, and above all longer ! I will do a vid

RC Champion
    And thanks all for the kind comments !

martin34 : I'm a basher so I don't need a wheelie bar (I need to do wheelies ). And I reduced the torque of my MMM combo to avoid standing backflips.

eemmaaxxxx : you need a wire cutters to shorten the wires, what else ? So yes it's really easy ! (but maybe I didn't understand your question !).

pbmaxx64 : yes I don't like the flat design of the stock body, I prefer MT look !!

Kcaz25 : I use Maxx size (great tires for any grounds !), but it's strange because in my last pic my tires look like 40 series

tonkajeep34 : vids coming soon ! (depends on Tower Hobbies now ).

Revoš : yes you're right. I did it before the session

RC Qualifier
    Great slideshow through your build process

A few points from my side though:
    - I would try to get different batteries. The way you installed them now is very... creative but I - personally - would be annoyed that I had to remove two of the ventings.
    - I never understood the good reputation of the RPM arms or axle carriers. They're good for racing but the plastic is softer than the standard traxxas material and thus either the pivot-balls will pop out of the axle carrier or even rip the windings off the arms. Use the standard axle carriers introduced with the Platinum (the ones with the metal retainer ring, indicated with the "R" I think in the product ID).
    - Why did you chose to use two servos? I don't see any advantage in using two servos over one strong servo. (I suppose this has been asked already...)

Other than that... great job!

RC Champion
    What ?? Changing my lipo packs !! They are brand new !!
    I agree it's a pain to install them but they are great and in hardcase. So I keep them And honestly, ventings or not ventings, I don't think there is a huge difference...
    RPM axle carriers are excellent... for my E-Maxx I have ordered the ERBE stock ones (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTG2), with the R you're right.
    I choose a 2-servos setup for the look And it works great !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Interesting review. Sorry about your broken parts. You don't deserve it for the amount of work you've done! Look forward to the vid!

When I was asking about shortening the wires, I bought the MMM combo, and it comes with Bullet's already soldered to the motor wires. I was wandering whether you can re-use bullet connectors, but I think not. I will have to buy some more.

Good luck!

RC Enthusiast

Great thread

Hello Popoxx, great thread.

I just bought a used E Revo and had the same problem with my batteries. The adapater plugs into the top of the battery, so I ended up cutting the battery vents to get at the plugs, but left enough plastic to reclip the battery door on. Extra black and red wires are for my low voltage cutoff as I am using the stock motors and speed controller for now. Just a suggestion for you.

A couple of real newbie questions for you. Did you have to buy a y-adapter to plug both servos into your reciever? How do the 17mm hex adapter get installed. I got mine used in a bag and no instructions. Do they go over the existing axle?

Thanks in advance and great thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Remove the 14mm hex and the pin it goes onto, then the 17mm adapter goes over the axle-stub, and then the screw-pin goes through the 17mm hex, through the axle, and through the other side of the hex (if they are Traxxas 17mm hex adapters)...if they are non-Traxxas, they will just have a steel pin that goes through them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    Interesting review. Sorry about your broken parts. You don't deserve it for the amount of work you've done! Look forward to the vid!

When I was asking about shortening the wires, I bought the MMM combo, and it comes with Bullet's already soldered to the motor wires. I was wandering whether you can re-use bullet connectors, but I think not. I will have to buy some more.

Good luck!
    You can reuse bullet connectors with no side effects, just heat them to melt the solder inside and pull the wire out, cut to length, tin wire, heat bullet again, add any solder needed and hold wire in until it hardens. I always heat my bullets with a small torch, takes only a few seconds.

RC Champion
    My battery solution:
    Worked great so far! But like I've said in my pm's, if your batteries are thicker than trakpower 2s, it may not work. the ground is inline with the end of the batt, I loop it and put it in the tray and gently pull the wire as I put the pack in and voila! no pinching, and the deans came after so I could judge the length.

Last edited by UberBricky42; 05-25-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    1717/XL2 EREVO

RC Champion
    Thanks guys for sharing your ideas ! I really appreciate that
    My lipo packs are really special (I didn't say really boring ) so I need to find an unusual solution... I will test what you did guys but unfortunately I think that won't work

RC Champion

VIDeo vIdeO viDEo VidEO

The First Vid !!

Vid => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0q_i_VCR4 <= Vid

I didn't resist ! I wanted to bash ! So I installed old RPM axle carriers to replace the broken ones and let's go
    I know the vid is short but all my SD cards were full And I shredded my spur gear...

Here are the pics after the session :

^^ frontflip attemps

Short session but lots of fun

RC Champion
    Nice. Looks like it was fun!

RC Racer
    Looked really fun!
    Looks like you're getting the hang of jumping...

Did the spur damage come from landing with to much throttle?
    Your post was edited for inappropriate language.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The spur damage looks like the motor-mount flexed.

RC Champion
    It's above all due to landings with too much throttle as Rebelgium said

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like his slipper is a tad loose, so landing wouldn't strip the spur, they would slip the slipper...plus, look how there is one large gouge in the spur and then light damage the rest of the way around, that is from flex.

RC Champion
    Ok old master

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Young grasshopper, continue your wax on, wax off exercises!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know its a horrible question, but which is better to jump?? The Maxx or the Revo??

A nicer question: Did you notice a big handling difference on your first bash? Nice vid!!

RC Champion
    Both are great jumpers ! But the E-Revo is more powerful so it can jump higher (my E-Maxx will jump as high as my E-Revo in a short time though ), and it seems lighter than the E-Maxx so it looks like a swallow in the air, not a big gull
    But honestly I don't see a big difference (my vid looks like the ones with my E-Maxx isn't it ? ). I'm just less apprehensive when I see my E-Revo 10 meters over me I know it will survive ! (theoretically...).

I think I managed to build 2 great sturdy MTs ! And the builds aren't finished yet !

RC Qualifier
    (my E-Maxx will jump as high as my E-Revo in a short time though )
    MMM?
    Or Sensored
    I was born to break the mould

RC Champion
    (...)

You will soon know that since my E-Maxx will be back by 2 weeks !!

RC Qualifier
    I'm just less apprehensive when I see my E-Revo 10 meters over me I know it will survive ! (theoretically...).
    Tu serais pas de Marseilles, par hasard?
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can definately see Popoxx's Maxx with the MMM. Notice how it says MMM combos in his sig. That means more than one!

RC Champion
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Yeah I thought it was common knowledge. It does look like you do better jumping your recently Novak-ed (ha now CC-ed) based Maxx. I'm sure you'll get it perfect and post up some double backflips at the skate park. (good luck keeping those plastic bulks alive! They don't make 'em in 7075 T6 in this forum )
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Champion
    pdcsq : non non I didn't say I did a 10 meters jump ! But if I do that I will be more at ease if it's the E-Revo in the air, not the E-Maxx

eemmaaxxxx : you read my sig ! Maybe it's a typo ?

Kcaz25 : double backflips ? Ok I will try that with my E-Maxx Brushless Edition

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-13-2009 at 11:59 PM.