Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    come on popox and get that bl system allready so we can see this beast run!!!

RC Champion
    Why do you have a pack with the wires sticking out of the front of the batt compartment? Can't you have the wires stick out of the rear for both packs? Maybe there's something I'm not seeing in your pics.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan1
    come on popox and get that bl system allready so we can see this beast run!!!

I agree. But the tension is one of the best parts about these build threads. You know that when the video comes it will be truely awesome!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrash
    Why do you have a pack with the wires sticking out of the front of the batt compartment? Can't you have the wires stick out of the rear for both packs? Maybe there's something I'm not seeing in your pics.
    This is the problem with these packs. The leads don't come out in the middle, but in the left, so I'm obliged to put the pack of the right box like this, otherwise the leads rub a lot against the chassis...

RC Champion
    Yes it is !

Yesterday I ordered the MMM and the parts I needed to do the mod I described above
    Lots of Tonys Screws and a couple of another SMC 6000mah packs will be soon here

Final pics and vids coming soon !!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet Popoxx, truly like it what a beauty this is.

Video

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A TRUCK!!!!!!! Now we're getting somewhere

Looking nice so far Popoxx. Very black and grey and blue!

RC Champion
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Its even more clear now that you have seen the light. Congratulations!
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Qualifier
    How is building this compared to the E-Maxx. I've debated on getting a Revo but it looks more complicated than the Maxx.
    E-Maxx 3905 MMM/2200
    Sometimes 4s, sometimes 6.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It makes the E-Maxx seem like a Radio Shack toy...seriously.

I love the Maxx series trucks, and I always will, but the Revo series trucks are so much better it's crazy. Complicated? Not at all, just different....there are less moving parts, Revo is easier to work on, and it is just a much better platform.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good.
    E-Maxx 3905 MMM/2200
    Sometimes 4s, sometimes 6.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    This is the problem with these packs. The leads don't come out in the middle, but in the left, so I'm obliged to put the pack of the right box like this, otherwise the leads rub a lot against the chassis...
    Oh I see. Well it doesn't really matter, the truck looks great.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    It makes the E-Maxx seem like a Radio Shack toy...seriously.
    Are you ready to defend that?... "Seriously" The Revo is newer thus is better but, The Maxx design was concepted in like 1999! Radio Shack?... I think not. The Maxx series is the best selling hobby product of all time. And has an overwhelming aftermarket support base that is still growing. With a admitently sizable handful of select upgrades the Maxx can be a very capable machine in any venue.

Sorry Popoxx in advance for the small derailment, I'm sure you share some of the same thoughts. Truck looks excellent! It really does, but I don't think the plastic bulkheads are gonna take the skatepark sessions like your aluminum Maxx does!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz25
    Are you ready to defend that?... "Seriously" The Revo is newer thus is better but, The Maxx design was concepted in like 1999! Radio Shack?... I think not. The Maxx series is the best selling hobby product of all time. And has an overwhelming aftermarket support base that is still growing. With a admitently sizable handful of select upgrades the Maxx can be a very capable machine in any venue.

Sorry Popoxx in advance for the small derailment, I'm sure you share some of the same thoughts. Truck looks excellent! It really does, but I don't think the plastic bulkheads are gonna take the skatepark sessions like your aluminum Maxx does!!

I agree, but would also add that the Maxx platform is extremely capable in stock form. Man's ambition to push their machine beyond the limit means that the Maxx is often improved to cope with the demands placed on it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    I agree, but would also add that the Maxx platform is extremely capable in stock form. Man's ambition to push their machine beyond the limit means that the Maxx is often improved to cope with the demands placed on it.
    Your right eemmaaxxxx! I'm sorry that I painted the stock Maxx as incapable.

RC Qualifier
    Revo is easier to work on,
    Really ive heard the exact opposite maney times..

Anways, Great looking build and im shure your expecting much more air with that extra speed, that will be fun to watch
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz25
    Your right eemmaaxxxx! I'm sorry that I painted the stock Maxx as incapable.

You didn't quite do that, but you weren't far away

Only joking!

Revo1, When you say there are fewer moving parts on a Revo, would you care to explain?

Anybody want to guess what Popoxx will give us in June?? I reckon the first vid of the truck running on MMM with 4s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    You didn't quite do that, but you weren't far away

Only joking!

Revo1, When you say there are fewer moving parts on a Revo, would you care to explain?

Anybody want to guess what Popoxx will give us in June?? I reckon the first vid of the truck running on MMM with 4s
    LOL

I was wondering about that 2 eemmaaxxxx, I must say I don't see his logic. However he did say the Maxx was a Radio Shack toy. So his crediblity is kinda shot.

I'll take a few guesses at that one... His Novak just bit the dust right? His going to put the MMM Combo in his Revo... Whats going in the Maxx? Tekin RX8?

My second guess... Maybe a signature custom painted Popoxx body??

He showed some interest in the KD Revo Chassis. Maybe that?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You guys ever heard of an opinion? Maybe not, but that's ok.

Ready to defend that I think the Revo is better? Dude, I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't sure of it.

Read my post a little better...I absolutely love the Maxx series, it is my 2nd favorite platform, and I have had many Es, Ts, and SMs...all of them excellent trucks. They just use antiquated technology (should I define that word?) which the Revo eclipsed when it arrived on the scene. It is my opinion that the Revo platform is much better than the Maxx platform, and is easier to work on, with fewer moving parts. Stock for stock, the Revo is more durable, since the Maxx has incredibly weak bulkheads.

No where did I once say anything about the Revo being better because it was newer, that was you who said that. If the Revo came out first, I would still say it was better...it has a better design, period.

I love my Maxxes, and I will never get rid of them (even though they are in pieces right now), but the Revo makes them look like Toys comparatively...I said Radio Shack because it was the only cheap toy RC I could think of, heh!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Revo1, I don't mean to cause offence. Yes we have heard of opinions, and we have our own opinions too. Certainly all I was doing was questioning your opinion since mine is different. Your are entitled to your opinion as much as anybody else, however if you say your opinion, there will always be someone who will question or disagree with it. Maybe we were taking it too seriously.

Anyway, lets finish that topic, and get back to the Popoxx build. If he does go for the KD chassis, he will have two of the nicest bashing trucks on this forum. It would be nice to see a custom shell.

I'm sticking with a video for June. Look at whats missing. An ESC, a shell and some more batteries are coming. This truck will be rolling next month!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelly2900
    How is building this compared to the E-Maxx. I've debated on getting a Revo but it looks more complicated than the Maxx.
    If you're talking about only the build process, the design of the E-Revo makes it easier to build. I agree the E-Revo platform looks complicated but in fact it doesn't Both E-Maxx and E-Revo are easy to build IMO, but I think it will be less complicated to replace broken parts with my E-Revo.

If you're talking about the differences between an E-Maxx and an E-Revo, I often post this answer : for those who don't want to spend too much money in their MT and who want above all to play, not to fix and to upgrade, the E-Revo is the best choice. For those who like upgrading and fixing, and who like a "standard" MT design, the E-Maxx is the best choice (with mine I can do what I want, it's almost unbreakable !!).

______

Thanks all for the comments I can't wait to test my E-Revo !! (maybe this weekend ). I received my 2nd pair of SMC lipo packs.

And concerning my E-Maxx.... you will see !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not giving away too many secrets this Mr Popoxx! Sounds like we're in for a treat very soon though.

RC Champion
    It's here...

... with some spare parts...

... BUT I CAN'T USE IT !!!! The pinion gears I received are mod1, not mod0.8

Do you know if I can shorten the battery wires included with the MMM ? I need to build an asymmetrical parallel harness (the right battery wires are farther than the left ones).

RC Qualifier
    Beautiful Popoxx, beautiful

Fantastic fun that you received your MMM, now you only need to install mr "mistercrash" aluminum slipper to avoid overloading your drive chain.

Unbelievably sad when you get the wrong parts, always the same disappointment (have been through it a few times as you know).

In the case of shorten the battery wires, I do not see it as a problem, as long as you do fine soldering.

RC Racer
    Man I'm so jealous!
    You can shorten the battery wires. You can also shorten the motor wires FYI.
    Your post was edited for inappropriate language.

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx

I am pleased to see that you bought the LiPo fire-safe bags, not fun at all to have the Lipo's catch fire (has happened to me once, quite scary actually ).

RC Champion
    Thanks guys

So I shortened the battery wires and made a harness (like the stock one in the ERBE) :

I hope I didn't make a mistake for the +/-

Next step : MMM Traxxas mounting plate and mod0.8 pinion gears !

Pics and vids next weekend

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    WOW!! Add me to the list of jealous people!! Nice parcel you got there. I'm amazed you managed not to mention that one was on the way!!

RC Racer
    What wire gauge is that you're using?
    For minimal resistance you should use AWG10, but AWG12 will be fine to... It looks AWG12 to me.

The solder joints and connectors have much more resistance than the wire. The only one you can influence is the solder joints, so be sure to make 'em the best you can!
    Your post was edited for inappropriate language.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Since you need a series adapter, the short red wire should go from one positive to the other negative...is that how you did it?

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx, have you done it like this?

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx, I would have used a female connector on the MMM side.

The way you did it, if you disconnect your harness from the MMM, but leave the batts connected, you can easily shorten them.

In fact, I would no have used a connector at all, and build the harness straight from the MMM. You're adding resistance with this setup.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's not a real adapter, it's a Photoshop job to show him how it should be wired up...and Deans Ultras do not add any significant resistance.

RC Qualifier
    That's not a real adapter, it's a Photoshop job to show him how it should be wired up...and Deans Ultras do not add any significant resistance.
    I was talking about Popoxx harness.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Champion
    eemmaaxxxx : look at my post #167

Rebelgium : yep I use AWG12 wires. I know AWG10 is better but it's hard to find this size on the "generalist" RC websites...

Revoš : are you sure ? I made an adapter as the one of E-maxx Sweden's pic.

E-maxx Sweden : yes that's what I did

pdcsq : I use a female connector on the MMM side ! And I know, I would have made that harness directly with the MMM wires but they are too short and I don't know how to solder bullet connectors

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Look at the below picture...

...you can plainly see the "wires" were drawn in using a graphics program...

Also, as far as soldering bullets, put the un-tinned wire into the bullet connector, then while holding your iron's tip on the edge of the bullet where the wires go in, place your solder right where the wire and bullet meet...when the heat is just right, the solder will flow down into the bullet and through the wire. Continue holding on the heat and the solder until you see that solder has gone 360ē around the wire/bullet.
    Last edited by Revoš; 05-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.

RC Champion
    So you made a mistake.

Since you need a series adapter, the short red wire should go from one positive to the other negative...is that how you did it?
    You should have written "from one positive to the other positive"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, positive to positive is parallel...series is positive to negative.

The harness in that picture is a correct series harness, I was just mentioning the fact that it wasn't an actual *real* harness, that it was done in a graphics program.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ______