RC poster

Exclamation summit suggestion

im pretty excited about the new summit but i think they could of put a few more thoughts into the truck such as...

- four wheel steering that you can engage in and out on the fly with some type of adjustment that sets the max amount of pitch the tires can turn.

- lights could be included with the truck but not installed

- brushless motor included that has loads of torque for rolling wheelies, climbling, and speed for blazing down the trails

- extra strong gears and tranny to handle the power of the brushless motor

-true beadlocks

these are a just a few of my thoughts on the summit.

RC Qualifier
    you know AT&T has a saying in the selling world. dont go all out i have to have somthing to sell you tomarrow. the frist time somthing new comes out it will not be perfect and it will have lots of room for improvements. the summit is the same way traxxas could have put all the bells and whistle on it but no they held back a bit just like all good companies do. why to give you something to buy in the future.
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrx794
    you know AT&T has a saying in the selling world. dont go all out i have to have somthing to sell you tomarrow. the frist time somthing new comes out it will not be perfect and it will have lots of room for improvements. the summit is the same way traxxas could have put all the bells and whistle on it but no they held back a bit just like all good companies do. why to give you something to buy in the future.
    You speak the truth.
    Get your vote on.

RC Competitor
    4-wheel steering would be cool, but I suspect Traxxas left it out of the summit for a reason. It's great on a crawler, but on a summit it could be a major liability at higher speeds. High-speed 4WS needs to have a computerised controller that adjusts the steering response with respect to the speed of the vehicle, otherwise the rear steer will be too aggressive and cause the vehicle to spin out. [here's a link for more info] Plus there's the issue of cost and complexity with the extra servo and linkages. The benefits just don't outweigh the costs.
    RoboPede: http://snowtiresrobot.blogspot.com/

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tetracanth
    4-wheel steering would be cool, but I suspect Traxxas left it out of the summit for a reason. It's great on a crawler, but on a summit it could be a major liability at higher speeds. High-speed 4WS needs to have a computerised controller that adjusts the steering response with respect to the speed of the vehicle, otherwise the rear steer will be too aggressive and cause the vehicle to spin out. [here's a link for more info] Plus there's the issue of cost and complexity with the extra servo and linkages. The benefits just don't outweigh the costs.
    please tell me of a radio that changes the steering rate relative to the throttle position, as I don't know of one