RC Enthusiast

Wont start - glow plug light wont come on

Hi all - i've done a search and there were a few threads but nothing i'm really looking for. I've got the new 3.3 tmaxx and now after about a gallon - it wont start. It shut down on me with about an 1/8 of a tank left, tried refilling, wouldnt start. Gave up and let it sit for a day or so. Decided i needed a new glow plug wire cause mine was showing wire. So I got a new one and installed it, along with a new glow plug. Still wont start. The glow plug light on the start wand doesnt come on steady. Sometimes it flickers a little when i move the wand but nothing much. I checked all connections and yellow ground wire to motor. Any ideas?? Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    It might be your starter pack. Did your check the pins in the plug maybe one of the wires has worked its way loos.
    IF IT AINT BROKE, HIT IT WITH A BIGGER HAMMER

RC Enthusiast
    i will check that right now, thanks

RC Enthusiast
    starter wand seems fine

RC Racer
    recheck your ground ....
    Slash Spec Class Racer
    Hot Bodies D8

RC Competitor
    Call Traxxas. They will walk you through troubleshooting and if there is a problem under warranty they stand behind it. I should know since I had a bunch of problems out of the box without even starting the engine (sliced fuel line, brake pad had fallen off, etc). This is a fantastic company and I encourage anyone to call customer service before spending unneccessary money on repairs.
    T-Maxx 3.3; AE RC10T

Sometimes the pins on the wiring harness get pushed in and you won't make a good contact.
    This is a good opportunity to recommend a glow ignitor. Eliminates all sorts of problems related to starting your truck with the ez-start
    Rechargeable ones with the meter are really convenient and cost about $20 or you can just get a D-cell one for like $5
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC poster
    +1 on using the glow igniter. I still use the EZStart to spin the motor. But I get easier starts using the glow igniter. Been using them since my nitro plane days.

As a bonus I have also found that with cooler weather leaving the igniter on for a few extra seconds helps keep the engine running until it warms up.