Thread: Summit In Sand

RC Racer

Summit In Sand

has anyone had problems with e revo or similar in the sand ?

I am getting one of these regardless,

but I go camping a lot and half of the time it is on the beach,
    It seems as though most of the car is plastic or alloy, but my main concern would be sand getting into diff housings, gearbox ect. bearing are going to cop some abuse that is a given.

RC Champion
    i drove on the beach with my e maxx no problems but just a tip dont acedently drive into the lake as i did,it sucks all the sand sticks to it.

RC Racer
    I used to drive my stampede in the sand it held up realy well, but the summit is a lot more $$$$

Boone722
    You should be fine,just be sure to do a proper cleaning after your run.That includes a teardown not just a water cleanup.

Whenever we hit the sand, it's a guaranteed partial teardown to PROPERLY clean it. Believe me, sitting back in the folding chair while ripping up and down the sand piles has already crossed my mind for my Summit. I'm really getting excited for this truck!

RC Enthusiast
    I have a house that is gulf of mexico water front. I will be driving it in the sand alot and it will probably end up in the salt water once or twice. does any one know if salt water will ruin it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep4x4
    I have a house that is gulf of mexico water front. I will be driving it in the sand alot and it will probably end up in the salt water once or twice. does any one know if salt water will ruin it?
    Only if you don't wash it off.....

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully you like wrenching! I torcher my RC's sometimes JUST so that I can work on them
    Whacky waiving inflatable arm flailing tube man!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep4x4
    Salt water will hurt the metal parts, ball bearings, etc. Definitely more harmful.
    The E-Revo manual says not to drive the truck through SALT WATER specifically because of the conductivity of electricity capable with salt water.

That alone would discourage me.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Racer
    i just put a shower cap over the chassis to keep out the sand. just between packs let her cool down a bit longer. 3yrs of that w/ my e-maxx and no problems.
    3 Mutts R/C

RC Champion
    Haven't run sand, but I have gravel, take motor cleaner, brush drops, bushing lube, and an air compressor with you if you can

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Basher
    i just put a shower cap over the chassis to keep out the sand. just between packs let her cool down a bit longer. 3yrs of that w/ my e-maxx and no problems.
    Its not just the chassis that I worry about though...
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Racer
    the shower cap protect the electronics from the fine dust sand produces and keeps larger bits out of your spur etc. as far as suspension and non-chassis related parts a little shop air and wd-40 seem to clean it all up. the only thing i can say is cover the holes on the inside of your rims. if they get sand in them she'll drive all wonky and you have to break down the rim/tires to get the sand out.
    3 Mutts R/C

RC Qualifier
    I don't recommend running in the sand if you don't like taking it almost completely apart to clean it when your done. I ran my E-Maxx's in the sand and salt water for a few hours and wow what a mess. Sand gets everywhere. Was not worth it to me. It also gets into tires and it is impossible to get out on less you have beadlocks to take apart.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkfist
    I don't recommend running in the sand if you don't like taking it almost completely apart to clean it when your done. I ran my E-Maxx's in the sand and salt water for a few hours and wow what a mess. Sand gets everywhere. Was not worth it to me. It also gets into tires and it is impossible to get out on less you have beadlocks to take apart.
    That was exactly what I found. Sand wants to penetrate the bearings, etc. Rusts the bearings and other metal parts.
    youtube.com/BisMaxx