RC Qualifier

Exclamation Permission Granted

Well we were cleaning the house on Saturday when I stopped for a moment and pulled up the Traxxas home page and watched the videos again. My wife wathced them this time with me and asked which one I liked better. I told her the Summit because of everthing that it can do out of the box. So she says that I can buy it at tax time with part of the tax return. YES!!! As well as two good batteries to go with it. YES!!! again. So i am getting the blue one unless the come out with another color before then. I am soooooo excited. Now the question is do I sell some of my too wheel drive nitro's to make way for this? Or do I keep them for my boys since they have electrics. One has a E-Stampede the other two have E- Rustlers. I really want to keep them for them but do not really know what to do because it will be a few years before they can drive the nitro's. However I would like to be able to drive the nitro's with them when they get older so I guess it really is not a question. Thanks for helping me figure this out(haha).
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Qualifier
    Your lucky. I have a seperate ebay account, paypal account, etc etc to keep my hobby going. (the one the wifey does not kow about) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warning Points 88%

RC Qualifier
    LOL, I'm selling accessories off my quad to pay for the truck. LOL But wife never knows the real price. I just always answer with half the price of what I pay.
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC poster
    GOOD for you !!
    That one is a keeper for sure
    Life is Short !! Live Fast !!!

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the wifey wears the pants in that family... Just joking man. Congrats on the truck. Have fun!
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Racer
    I you get a big return come tax time do you reckon you could spot me one

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the wifey wears the pants in that family
    No we just agree on everything that is purchased so that we know where our money went and not one of us think it is there and getting denied at the counter when you try to buy something. This has stopped alot of arguments from happening that way besides she will be taken care of at tax time just like last year. I missed the first half of the super bowl this year because it was on her birthday so we could go to dinner and then I took her shopping.

I you get a big return come tax time do you reckon you could spot me one
    With four kids and a wife I don't think so. Nice try though.

RC Racer
    Good on ya! mate, I have two kids under two I couldn't imagine four. I think if you are like me this rc car would be a big deal, not just money but spare time, I think you will always win in the long run with honesty.

I am jealous because I have spent my tax return on something else and I realy wan't a summit

RC Racer
    So, are times tough in Indy or is it just the Colts
    I justified mine by not saying squat and working an extra Sat. to hord the money. But things are great when you have dual income and no kids.
    Where'd that tree come from?!?!?!?!?!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ho-ju
    I justified mine by not saying squat and working an extra Sat. to hord the money. But things are great when you have dual income and no kids.

+1 on duel incomes and no kids when it comes to funds for R/C.

I just said I want one and it was so. I had to give on on my brushless GT class car project but the Summit will get more wheel time and alot cheaper.
    (I do still still kinda want a electrified Inferno GT with MMM on 6S though)

Not kicking having kids. I should have some on the way any day now and would gladly give up all R/C if needs be.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    +2 on dual $ and no kids! I'm trying to keep it that way for now.
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ho-ju
    Things ar not too bad here in Indy it is just the Colts. As far as income is concerned my wife and I both work two jobs. One full time each and we Both work at the new Lucas Oil Stadium for Colts games and other events inside the "Drum" part time. That is always Christmas money for the kiddies presents (if they can behave enough to get any at this point Christmas may be cancelled at our house)

RC Qualifier
    I would keep all your trucks that you have now and still buy the summit. You own the trucks now, if you sold them and ever wanted the same kind of truck back you would spend way more money than what you sold your truck for. Then you always would have a back-up. NO down time with broken parts.
    Stampede
    Started life as XL-1 then XL-5 now a VXL