RC Champion

Parts compatibility w/E-Revo

As the truck obviously shares many parts with the E-Revo, how many of the new bits will be directly interchangable? I'd like to throw some big wheels, lockable diffs, and LT rockers on my E and have the same setup. Is that possible? Are the lockable diffs just as strong as those put in the E-Revo?

What all is really different from the E-Revo? As Traxxas is billing this as a "new" truck, the literature doesn't outline the differences.
    MMM/2200 powered E-Revo - sufficiently excessive

RC Champion
    From what I was told yesterday, the driveshafts are interchangeable, but the ones on the lockingplate side are a little shorter, so we'll need to buy only the "long" axles to swap over, trans also sounds like a drop in gear swap. The lockers appear to be a bit more parts intensive though.

RC Champion
    Well most parts will be compatible but some won't without changes to your truck. Like the original E-revo chassis doesn't have the holes for the control arm for locking diffs(the part that engages the lock) or the mounts for the mini servos and the bulkheads will be a little different because they will have to have the recess for the locking diff control arm to stick out through the chassis but I am sure that the new chassis and bulkheads will have this already.

We won't know the exact details of what is compatiable until the Summit comes out.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!

RC Champion
    The servo mounts look to be a bolt in for the stock chassis, but I didn't get a close look at the lever for the lockers.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    The servo mounts look to be a bolt in for the stock chassis......
    yeah, that is what I said. The E-revo chassis does not include the mounts for the mini servos.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!