Thread: New driveshafts

RC Qualifier

New driveshafts

I see that there are new style driveshafts included on the summit. I wonder if the same style will be used for the center shafts as well. I have only seen that they are for the half shafts, but the center shafts need this this upgrade more. Hopefully Zinno can clarify this one for us. I have searched everything traxxas has published about this thing and there is no info anywhere.

RC Qualifier
    What pictures I've seen look like they have the old style u-joints on the center shafts. Maybe the CVs on the centers will be an upgrade down the road.
    You can't take the sky from me.

RC Racer
    the new style shafts are for suspension travel. the center never moves so i would imagine they will stay the same.
    everybody is cool, til you get to know them

RC Qualifier
    they need some more pics of the driveline
    huked awn fonics werkeded 4 mee

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magrc
    the new style shafts are for suspension travel. the center never moves so i would imagine they will stay the same.
    The new shafts have nothing to do with the suspension travel. The Summit uses the 120 LT rockers that have been available since the original revo. The original sliders had no problem with travel. The newer ones are for strength because locked diffs are much harder on driveshafts. I have more of a problem with the durability of the center shafts than the outer shafts, so I was hoping they upgraded those too. If they didn't upgrade those yet, hopefully they will soon.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bentz2151
    they need some more pics of the driveline
    agreed....I would like to see some pictures of the linkages and where they hook to the diffs.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywerld
    What pictures I've seen look like they have the old style u-joints on the center shafts. Maybe the CVs on the centers will be an upgrade down the road.
    About 12-13 seconds into the video in the t-lock Demo you can see old style uni's for center drive shafts