RC Qualifier

Which cvds to buy? Or what else to buy?

I have $372.8 to spend
    at towerhobbies im getting $178.60 worth of stuff
    then at hobby city im getting $127.29 worth of stuff
    i will have spent $305.89 so ill have $66.91 for goodies
    my set up will be dual vxl, 19t pinon, 2 aero-nuts 3s 5000mah batteries, and everything else stock.
    i thought with all this speed my drive shafts will brake instantly so i figured i would get CVDs
    i hear traxxas's Cvds arent the best?
    here are soem CVDs i found
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSJ9&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPNJ8&P=7
    but i also found the sway bars....
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTKJ0&P=ML
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18683
    then i saw the wheelie bar, is the wheelie bar just held on by a little buckle which you can take off with no screws needed to take off?
    then i saw the bodies...
    then i saw the wheels....
    soo yeh, what you suggest i get first? my vote id say is traxxas CVDs
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

RC Champion
    Get the traxxas CVD's
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Qualifier
    okie dokie i hear i have to put the pushrods on the farthest hole, and make the spring stiffer so ti doesn't pop out of the cup, ball, w/e lol

RC Racer
    Are E-Revos prone to breaking the stock shafts?

If so , I would like to know before hand and have a set of CVDs in the toolbox ready to go.
    Won my first race in 1985...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ

If so , I would like to know before hand and have a set of CVDs in the toolbox ready to go.
    only if your running, something like a vxl, or lipo which gives it more toruqe, when i make the e-revo have a lot of gc, my stub axle broke because, i read somewhere that if the drive shaft is like
    -\_
    thats when there it a lot of gc, and puts more wear on the stubaxles, so you want it to be like

---
    straight

when i put my truck like -\_ i broke 2 stub axles, then i put it like --- then no probs in long time

I had my Erevo the first weekend they were out,and beeh running brushless ever since,twisted 1 shaft since then.I bought a whole set off Ebay for 10 bucks,imo upgrading is a waste unless you want extreme angles,in which case I would wait for Traxxas new ones to be out.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ

Seems to depend on the motor you are running, and particularly your style of driving. With the stock setup I never broke a shaft, but once I upgraded to lipo and twin 700HOs I started breaking them every day...

Since I upgraded to the steel CVDs, no problems... except that I destroyed one diff - so maybe that just pushed the problem further up the driveline.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPlaya
    i hear i have to put the pushrods on the farthest hole, and make the spring stiffer so ti doesn't pop out of the cup
    You don't need to go to the lowest ride height - if you are using the adjustable rear A-arms and the steel cvds you can get slightly longer drive cups which work fine (see the accessories page)

Time is an illusion, "9am sharp" doubly so.

RC Qualifier

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bluefisherking
    Seems to depend on the motor you are running, and particularly your style of driving. With the stock setup I never broke a shaft, but once I upgraded to lipo and twin 700HOs I started breaking them every day...

Since I upgraded to the steel CVDs, no problems... except that I destroyed one diff - so maybe that just pushed the problem further up the driveline.

You don't need to go to the lowest ride height - if you are using the adjustable rear A-arms and the steel cvds you can get slightly longer drive cups which work fine (see the accessories page)

ouchie lol