RC Qualifier

Summits cvd style axles

The summits axles look nice and it says there tougher. Are they stronger or just for better articulation. I know we dont actually know yet just thought i would throw it out there. Allthough I dont think they are coming on the power house brushless revo
    Brushless makes everything taste better

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They sure look it;

I hope they dont require the LT rockers. And hope they can be used on the BL e-revo...
    Dual-CV Telescoping Axles
    Locked differentials, a powerful motor and high-traction tires are the perfect recipe for overstressed driveshafts, so Summit is equipped with the toughest Traxxas shafts ever. The smooth-sliding, true-curvilinear spline design pioneered for Revo is now even stronger thanks to CV-style joints on each end, an industry first. The joints’ crosspins are supported by the full diameter of the shaft, so even the heaviest torque loads won’t pop the joint.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    You wont need the LT rockers. Any kind of pivoting joint will run smoother and generate less friction when its straight- or level in the case of an MT or other RC vehicle. As the angles increase, you will see more friction and heat generated, and rubbing becomes and issue with some joints that have limited movement (typical universal joint design). CVDs are much better and can spin freely through steeper angles, just as easily as when they are straight and level. Shame traxxas didnt make the shaft itself narrower, but it does look like an improvement over the current driveshafts (fewer twisted UJs).
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No. I know. meh. I didnt word it right.

I wonder if they are too long to fit on the e-revo using the p2's. Right now they are only being put on the Summit, which basicly looks like the e-revo with LT rockers and a new body.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    Oh, you mean is the shaft too long? That wont be an issue I'd have thought, since you can use any of the rockers on the erevo, and it doesnt require different lenght drive shafts. Even if they were a little too long, a dremel cures all ills
    Last edited by thedude; 10-16-2008 at 07:34 PM.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Qualifier
    Still I gotta wonder why they wouldnt put these in the brushless e revo. i would think with all that torque it would only make the truck stronger

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude
    Oh, you mean is the shaft too long?
    lol yeah. couldnt spit it out.

...thats what she sa...
    be nice.

RC Champion
    Zinno said here that the axles are compatible and come stock with the new brushless style E-Revo.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Qualifier
    Ah man I gotta get a set of those lol the NEU wears the stock axles like crazy lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Flame
    Zinno said here that the axles are compatible and come stock with the new brushless style E-Revo.
    thanks man! lookin forward to using those on me e-revo
    be nice.

Those do look sweet,but I have to say I've only twisted 1 shaft on my Erevo.I bought 4 new complete axles on ebay for 10 bucks.I bet it would take along time for these to be cost effective.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.