RC Qualifier

I think I need a Towel

Amidst all the excitement of today. I also got my package containing my tekno neu1515/1y/f (its freaking huge), tekno swaybars and a couple pinions.

I am BLOWN away at how quick it is now on 4s. Its almost too much for bashing.

I think I know why traxxas doesn't recommend mixing the long and short travel rockers though.... with the sway bars installed it seems like it rolls worse the ever..

My gearing might be a little high after about 5min in the grass the fan on my monster started coming on. I need to get me a temp gun, motor felt like it was a little cooler.

Currently geared 24/58 I may try 22/58 and see if that makes much difference. The LHS's around here don't have much in the way of spurs.

Now I just need me a fancy traxxas MMM mount and its set
    Pictures later maybe

RC Champion
    Stock Traxxas E-Revo? If so go 21 or 22/68. IMO.
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio42
    Stock Traxxas E-Revo? If so go 21 or 22/68. IMO.
    the stock erevo is the only thing available. on gearing go to 22/65

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, your geared a bit high. I lost a few MMM's that way
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    I think I'll have to play around with the gearing a little. I found a lhs that has the traxxas 65, 62spurs I'll pick some up tomorow.

Did a quick swap back to the stock rocker arms and it corners much better now a lot less roll at speeds. Those long rockers in the back sure quite a difference to the roll mechanics.

Dont Mind the zip ties they're temporary as my 2 sided tape didnt hold to the foam as well as I expected it would

I'm afraid to put on the shiny aluminum pieces im getting as they would not look new for very long.

Pretty well finished destroying the original wing mount today (man asphalt is tough). Thought I adjusted the brakes down to 40% on the MMM but it was another variable I changed apparently. First trip down the road at 3/4 throttle I hit the brakes and it instantly somersaults about 5 times (went and checked the programming and braking was still set at 80% it was brake throttle I changed the first time)

I was planning on getting some 40series proline mashers for this beast and according to the speed calc. just switching to those will up top speed by 10mph? is that accurate. Would you guys recommend just watching temps to see if I need to re-gear it further?

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, nice job. Get some vids going
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Qualifier
    What would you use the Towel for?

It made me think of this "...Don't forget to bring a towel..." (South Park)
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Qualifier
    Umm cause I couldn't contain my excitement.... you can fill in the rest.

I was worried today cause I thought I over-discharged my lipos that ive only used once. I had my MMM set for auto-lipo mode and was cruising around at morning coffee when the throttle cut out. I brought it back around and cut the power pulled the lipos out and went to go charge em up for the afternoon.

When I plugged em into the v-balancer, it was telling me a cell in each pack was over discharged and it would not charge. So I start to get worried, did the auto-lipo not work? did I just throw 240$ down the toilet for 30min of fun?

pull out my DMM check the pack voltage its showing 6.6v on each pack. Now im really confused. Finally figure out how to check each cell individually and both packs are at 3.3v per cell within a few hundredth of a volt.

Finally figured out the 10amp fuse was gone in the v-balancer that I used once. Must have arced out or something when I unplugged it the first time.

Oh well. Going to shoot some bashing video tomorrow will update then

RC Qualifier
    Ah! I see. Something to do with the letter "P" right?

RC Qualifier
    No. I think he is refering to a wank towel. Any Aussies here to explain a wank towel?

RC Qualifier
    I'm pretty sure that was more of an explanation than was really needed...
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, careful there. I hope the mods will not get us for this.