Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    My guess for them not touting brushless is ready is two fold. Again this only my guess. First there's way too many key features that taking priority to push in their marketing blitz. Second, if the servos are speed sensitive then you stand the chance of engaging the diffs on the fly. Brushless will take no prisoners and most likely cause damage. The stock 770 I'm guessing is more forgiving. FIne with me. My dual 550's on the E-revo pose a challenge for me to handle in anything but a straight line.
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Competitor
    I like the concept of the summit, however since I just purchased an e-revo, it certainly is not in my near future. I find that my e-revo works great on all sorts of terrain any way. It climbs better than my stockish TXT, and it certainly out runs it. I still like my TXT, but the e-revo certainly seems more versitile. I am eyeing up that 770 motor type as a replacement for the twin 550s though

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker
    Dude, your sig rocks!
    Dude, you're right!

I really am waffling on all this. I only just realized that the E-Revo B/L was out. One of those would allow me to get back into racing, but that's pretty big bucks, especially when you ad new wheels and racing tires, DC power source, good charger and some lipos (which I have zero experience with). Racing also takes a lot ot time and I have less time than money

The Summit, on the other hand, could run on the Nimhs I already have...although they are old, and still use the so-so charger I still have. So other than the truck itself, not a lot of additional costs initially. Plus, this is a truck you can play with pretty much anywhere and anytime.

Choices, choices. Anyway, neither of them is out yet and the cash is not there yet so I've got some time to decide.
    Has anything intelligent ever followed the word "dude"?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I agree, this truck is something new, traxas never even claimed it was a crawler. The versatility is amazing, and the innovations on it are just astounding! Can't wait for the release!
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Racer
    With just the size of the tires alone on the Summit, it's gonna go places my $800 AX10 won't. Traxxas, you've hit a HOMERUN. Ever since I bought a rock crawler, I've been wanting a dual range transmission.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by markster
    With just the size of the tires alone on the Summit, it's gonna go places my $800 AX10 won't. Traxxas, you've hit a HOMERUN. Ever since I bought a rock crawler, I've been wanting a dual range transmission.
    I'm in the same bought. I've got the $800 AX10. I love it though. Just preordered a the new scale axial scx10. December is going to be a great month for me as long as my wife doesn't shoot me. New summit and Axial truck
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Qualifier
    I love how it seems that whenever Traxxas comes out with a new product,
    the only thing most people do is complain about it being a revamped model.

When the slash came out, everyone had to complain "its just a pede".
    Now everyone is complaining about how this is just a redone revo.

So what?

Every recent edition of Windows is just Windows '95 (?) CHANGED.

All they did was use the Revo as the platform for a new truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Haha, like the windows analogy...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    Well, I think the Revo is a great platform to build from. Its just incredibly versatile. And if you think about it, what could possibly be a better basic platform than the Revo for a truck like the Summit? There is none.

I'm sure the rock crawler crowd would say solid axles. But as has been mentioned hundreds of times, this truck is not a dedicated rock crawler. And while I don't know much (anything) about rock crawling, I'm not sure that you really lose anything with the Revo style independant suspension. Seems to me it would be a big advantage and it seems like this truck could be made into a heck of a crawler if you wanted to go that route.
    Has anything intelligent ever followed the word "dude"?

RC Competitor
    Marion, Iowa where nothing kool ever happens
    need summit

Malkav587
    Speaking as someone who sat in the meeting and stared at the Summit occasionally wiping a little drool away (I'm a Traxxas employee, I'm waiting on my forum status), the truck up close and in real life is anything but dull. The body is lexan, but has a roll cage. What everyone is calling "mock beadlocks" are really rock rings to help with scratching the rims...on a personal note, I'd really like to see those for the VXL models. you have no idea how many rims I go through and how many that simple ring would save. And seeing it climb everything that came in it's path in our demo cool...and when they let us drive it, lets just say it was a whole new experience in RC.

RC Enthusiast
    (Must become Duncan1981's friend!)