Thread: lipo problem

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

lipo problem

ok heres the deal, i have 6 3000hv 2s packs i went to drive today and now when i plug in 1 of my packs the balancer detects only 1 cell. i check the individual cell voltages and both cells read 3.91v im using a triton jr./equinox cell balancer in interface mode. all 5 other lipos charge as usual just this one pack reads only one cell and will not charge

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessman
    ok heres the deal, i have 6 3000hv 2s packs i went to drive today and now when i plug in 1 of my packs the balancer detects only 1 cell. i check the individual cell voltages and both cells read 3.91v im using a triton jr./equinox cell balancer in interface mode. all 5 other lipos charge as usual just this one pack reads only one cell and will not charge

I had a similar problem before. I found that I had unintentionally reversed the battery plug polarity. If you individually check cell voltage of every cell, and they seem fine, there must be a problem with either charger or a possibly bad plug (loss of contact on plug)
    - - - - - - -
    E-Revo
    Rustler VXL
    Revo 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes but, i tried to charge through the discharge lead to and the charger said that it was peaked

RC Racer
    Check the balance taps arent dirty- if one of the wire prongs has some crud in it, the charger wont see that cell its connected to.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.