RC Qualifier

medusa has the 70 and 80mm motors on thier site

I preordered the 70mm 2000 kv motor. I have there 60mm motor and its been awesome cant waite to get the 70mm. I think 80mm would be overkill so i passed
    Brushless makes everything taste better

I'll be getting 1.But I'm pretty happy with the 60.I've been wondering if the dependability might start to be an issue with the bigger motor.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Racer
    Im wouldnt have thought so really. The magnet isnt bonded with kevlar or CF like the neus are, but then again, feigao motors do fine without any of that most of the time, so a higher quality motor should be a solid performer. I will be getting my 70mm motor via RCm as I have a gift voucher to spend, but its well worth spending ~$150 for what promises to be such a good motor. And its blue with a smooth can = win.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Qualifier
    I have to say the 60 is insane on 4s or 14 cell nimh. Ive spent allot more time with my 60mm medusa then with my neu 15151y but ill say that the difference is not all that much. I think the 70mm medusa will equal the neu

I find it hard to believe there's not that much difference in a 1515 1y,Do you have good batteries and speed controller?The reason I ask is because I found the Medusa much slower with a MM then with my Quark,it lost 4mph.I wonder if you esc or batteries are being pushed to there limit,not the motor.BTW I think the Medusa 60-2000 really starts to come alive on 5s,and 6 is pretty fun till the tires blow,or my esc thermals. thedude, I was actually talking about the dependability of the Truck.I've only twisted 1 shaft,and broke no other drive train parts.I would hate to start blowing diffs,or trannys for a little extra power.I have found the Medusa is very well built,I have no doubt that if there was a problem from the rotor coming apart they would cover it under there warranty.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    beautiful motors to bad i shot my wad on a neu! o well

RC Qualifier
    I didnt say there was no difference just that it wasnt a crazy difference. i use 30c enerlands So im sure they are up to the task. Also using a MMM so no loss there. The 60mm medusa has less torque then the Neu but like I said the 70mm should level the playing field. Overall im very happy with the medusa I have to admit. Cant waite to try the bigger one.

RC Champion
    Medusa motors are fantastic. I can't wait to get an 80mm down the road someday.
    Save 10% of the money you make..... you'll never regret it.