RC Qualifier

How do you prevent dirt to fill brushed motors ?

Title self explanatory

RC Champion
    I saw an article in the new issue of RCCA showing that the company Outerwears makes a mesh bag type thing that goes over electric motors and the like. The only thing is I am not sure how well it would hold up to heat. Click it, and check it out.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    I saw an article in the new issue of RCCA showing that the company Outerwears makes a mesh bag type thing that goes over electric motors and the like. The only thing is I am not sure how well it would hold up to heat. Click it, and check it out.
    Exactly what I meant !! I think they are quite permeable about the air but they should be able to stop the big part of dirt...

I'll look better into it, thanks about the shot !

RC Qualifier
    Those motor socks look pretty sweet, might pick me up a pair, i hope they let the heat from the motor out though, otherwise they'll act like a blanket on the motors and cause them to pre much catch on fire lol.
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Racer
    man this hobby is killing me... lol... now i'm gonna have to purchase one too

RC Champion
    They look like a good idea, but I worry about them sitting on a 150* motor, and if they would melt or not. Once someone gets one, can you do some testing with temps and let us know how it works? That would be greatly appreciated!
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    They look like a good idea, but I worry about them sitting on a 150* motor, and if they would melt or not. Once someone gets one, can you do some testing with temps and let us know how it works? That would be greatly appreciated!
    Well, if you think about it they are meant for motors. So im guessing the makers of the socks probably used a material that would allow heat to escape from the motor and if it gets hot its not going to melt. Thatd be pointless to make a motor sock and have it melt lol. I just hope that its not like a blanket over the motor and traps the heat inside the motor, if thats the case then im going to have to put one of them fans Hoov has been talking about. I'm going to order some when i get time, and when they come ill do some runs and see how the socks hold up.
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Racer
    Taken from their site. So I think that answers our questions I'm getting one!

They use the same materials for this product so it's tested: http://www.outerwears.com/tech.html

Key Product Features:

Improve efficiency of any high performance or exposed filter.
    Filters down to .005”
    Extends service intervals reducing cost and increasing convenience
    Optional Hydrophobic water repellent process
    UV resistant
    Heat resistant to 450 degrees
    Shatter proof in freezing temperatures
    Puncture resistant; elasticity

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    Taken from their site. So I think that answers our questions I'm getting one!

They use the same materials for this product so it's tested: http://www.outerwears.com/tech.html
    Condoms also for shocks !!

Great, I'm gonna place an order for both engines and shocks but they will travel to europe within 2-3 weeks therefore one of you will feed us back before me for sure

Stay tuned

ciao