Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860

    SPC versus Aero-Nuts, how to mount it?

    i can get at SPC an Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 7.4V, 5000mAh, 2S1P, 15C for 48$
    or
    at Hobby City an *****-H 5000mAh 3S1P 20-30C Lipoly Pack 60$

    i also searched, yet couldnt find how to mount the 3s lipos
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    687
    Either One is a good choice, use the search button! There have been hundreds of threads on this same topic, ***** vs SPC. Also think about using the thread that is just under this, the other one you created to ask this question! And use the edit button instead of posting another post. This will help to keep the mods happy! And I do not see the point of making hundreds of threads asking a single question. Also sometimes, you have to decide for yourself. We do not know all the circumstances!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860
    Thank you, i figured the ***** would be too big due to 3s, guess not, i was thinking of maxamps, cuz on 2s on the rustler you dont need to mod anything, yet with 3 you need to make the battery hold downer higher
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya20@c
    i can get at SPC an Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 7.4V, 5000mAh, 2S1P, 15C for 48$
    or
    at Hobby City an *****-H 5000mAh 3S1P 20-30C Lipoly Pack 60$

    i also searched, yet couldnt find how to mount the 3s lipos
    you posted this same question about 2 hours ago here;
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...45#post3597245

    so, if no one responds within two hours, you make a new thread?

    c'mon man, you should spend more time reading.

    I'm starting to get the same impression more and more. Kids (12-16yrs) come on here and rather than reading, they just post a question and wait for people to spoon-feed them the answers.

    Thats why the e-revo section is 69 pages long.

    You are only making it harder to find the answers you are looking for. I wont tell you to learn to use the search button, because you're a smart kid, and I'm sure you know how. However, I will say take the time to read the threads generated when you search instead of skimming through a few and deciding to make a new thread when you dont find your answer after a few pages of reading.


    Both SPC and ***** batteries have received great reviews from their users. The few data-logged test I have seen, have shown that both batteries hold up very well. do a search for "spc lipos" and you will get over 25 pages of hits. Threads similar to this one are the cause.

    I don't ever want to be harsh on someone, because this is a hobby and meant to be fun. I dont want to discourage you from asking questions, but I will urge you to read everything you can before posting.

    Read the faq's about the e-revo. not skim through, but read. If you get stuck and something goes over your head, then stop and google the terms you dont understand. Do some searches on lipos. what the "C" ratings are for. what the differences in the mah are.

    you're asking if you should buy a 2cell battery for $48 or 3cell battery for $60. No info about what you have, or plan to have for a set-up. That makes your question unanswerable (if there is such a thing) If you are running a stock system the answer is different than if you run a brushless. Heck, even the type of brushless will vary the best answer to the question. As for mounting....all batteries mount exactly the same in an e-revo....you stick 'em in the box and close the door ...I'm thinking maybe you asked this incorrectly. Maybe you want to know how to wire them? I donno. In any case, read. Read. read. read.read.....

    nothin but love for ya

    now hit the books little bro
    Last edited by HoovHartid; 10-13-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    be nice.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    you posted this same question about 2 hours ago here;
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...45#post3597245

    so, if no one responds within two hours, you make a new thread?

    c'mon man, you should spend more time reading.

    I'm starting to get the same impression more and more. Kids (12-16yrs) come on here and rather than reading, they just post a question and wait for people to spoon-feed them the answers.

    Thats why the e-revo section is 69 pages long.

    You are only making it harder to find the answers you are looking for. I wont tell you to learn to use the search button, because you're a smart kid, and I'm sure you know how. However, I will say take the time to read the threads generated when you search instead of skimming through a few and deciding to make a new thread when you dont find your answer after a few pages of reading.


    Both SPC and ***** batteries have received great reviews from their users. The few data-logged test I have seen, have shown that both batteries hold up very well. do a search for "spc lipos" and you will get over 25 pages of hits. Threads similar to this one are the cause.

    I don't ever want to be harsh on someone, because this is a hobby and meant to be fun. I dont want to discourage you from asking questions, but I will urge you to read everything you can before posting.

    Read the faq's about the e-revo. not skim through, but read. If you get stuck and something goes over your head, then stop and google the terms you dont understand. Do some searches on lipos. what the "C" ratings are for. what the differences in the mah are.

    you're asking if you should buy a 2cell battery for $48 or 3cell battery for $60. No info about what you have, or plan to have for a set-up. That makes your question unanswerable (if there is such a thing) If you are running a stock system the answer is different than if you run a brushless. Heck, even the type of brushless will vary the best answer to the question. As for mounting....all batteries mount exactly the same in an e-revo....you stick 'em in the box and close the door ...I'm thinking maybe you asked this incorrectly. Maybe you want to know how to wire them? I donno. In any case, read. Read. read. read.read.....

    nothin but love for ya

    now hit the books little bro
    Thanks, well i make a thread, everyone ignores it, so ill try to get their attention again
    i hate it when people look at my threads, and know the awnser or sumtin to say then ignores it
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach
    Posts
    3,063
    People generally like to help, or be helpful. However, I am less likely to help or respond to a question that has been answered before. (Could be the reason you were ignored in the first place.)

    I have a hard time deciding what is best in a situation like this... I can
    1) ignore it
    2) give the spoon fed answer.
    3) do all the work and search for everywhere the question has been answered before, then post my findings just to prove the point.
    4) write a frustrating dissertation in a condescending manner that half answers the question, and half repromands the asker for being lazy.

    sorry if I come off mean, but you wil remember the answers to your questions more if you search and find them yourself. Maybe its the ex-school teacher in me.... who knows
    be nice.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Good, green, Oregon!
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya20@c
    Thanks, well i make a thread, everyone ignores it, so ill try to get their attention again
    i hate it when people look at my threads, and know the awnser or sumtin to say then ignores it
    And you haven't thought that there might be a reason that no one is answering your threads?

    We ignore because you have so many threads going at once, all with (for the most part) relatively pointless questions. I'm sorry, but I finally had to say something after reading your posts. Hoov said it best.....read, read read read......and read. This hobby is about learning, not have the answers always handed to you.

    Put some effort into this, and people will respond better and more often. We know you are 14, but there are plenty of 14 year olds on here that do read, and ask very good questions. Then again, there are 35 year olds on here that act like you do. Regardless of age, try to put forth some effort, and we will try to help you in return. You ahve already built a really bad reputation for yourself on this forum, and at this point, it is going to take some effort to repair that. One more thing that I have to mention, you really need to pay attention in school and work on that grammar and spelling, then we might be able to understand your language a little better. Sorry for the rant...this has just gone on long enough.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    687
    I am 16, I have a good number of threads started but I asked many different questions in them. I have read pages upon pages in the emaxx forum, I like to try to learn as much as I can about the trucks I own, Use the search button, use simple terms and you will get better results. example, instead of searching SPC 8000 7.4 Lipo or Aero Nuts 3s 5000. Just search SPC lipo and learn about that battery and then see what you can find out about the other battery. Remember, probably every single question you have has been asked on here, maybe not the length of the rear bumper thing cuz thats just a straight out dumb question, who knows why, why is the sky blue? lol
    Hopefully you can learn how to post wisely and we stop cluttering up the forums!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Schuyler, NEBRASKA
    Posts
    556
    Hoov what you just posted really made a lot of sence to me, now im not that young, just a little nooby at parts of the R/C world, but what you said is true. A lot of people are making to many threads(including me) that probably dont need to be. Now that i have read what you have said, im going to try and search the threads more therou and try and find my answer before i pm you or something. Sry if ive been annoying to you, thanks for the help and ill try and find stuff on my own before just coming to you or others.

    p.s.-still waiting for you to pm/post fan pics....
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammyboy123
    I am 16, I have a good number of threads started but I asked many different questions in them. I have read pages upon pages in the emaxx forum, I like to try to learn as much as I can about the trucks I own, Use the search button, use simple terms and you will get better results. example, instead of searching SPC 8000 7.4 Lipo or Aero Nuts 3s 5000. Just search SPC lipo and learn about that battery and then see what you can find out about the other battery. Remember, probably every single question you have has been asked on here, maybe not the length of the rear bumper thing cuz thats just a straight out dumb question, who knows why, why is the sky blue?cuz it reflects off the big blue(as crush says in finding nemo lol) lol
    Hopefully you can learn how to post wisely and we stop cluttering up the forums!
    10 letters lalalala
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    4,997
    i dont get why people get ticked when noobs have a question. even if it has ben asked 100 times it still has value to the person who posted it. think back when you just joined did you have noobish questions?

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    687
    Well Then, totally blow off what everyone just told you! lol. Come on be serious, I used it as a bit of a joke. I can see why your questions never get answered!
    Yes, I also remember when I was a noob, I asked some simple questions, but I also read my rear end off and soaked in all I could. No offense to anyone but thats what I think!
    Last edited by Yammyboy123; 10-13-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Good, green, Oregon!
    Posts
    2,219
    Yammyboy123, thank you. That is what some of us are talking about. Try to learn before you ask, then feel free to ask away. That is all we are saying. And yes, I remember being a noob, and I acting nothing like this kid (hockeypuck).
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    4,997
    hocky does post quite a bit. without neil here we are going crazy!

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    687
    Don't even mention it! It will start another war and posts and threads will be deleted, people will get warning points.
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860
    next time i will pm neil on youtube
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Good, green, Oregon!
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya20@c
    next time i will pm neil on youtube
    Don't do that. He will not like you. Sorry, that sounds rough, but it is the truth.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Randolph, NJ
    Posts
    180
    Take it easy guys

    Simply said, hockey, please read the FAQ. It doesn't hurt, trust me. I used to scour/monitor these forums for answers and kept seeing read the FAQ. Finally one day I did, and guess what, it helped me alot. Hope you find or get your answers...

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north smithfeild, ri, 02896
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    Don't do that. He will not like you. Sorry, that sounds rough, but it is the truth.
    i do it all the time, eh doesn't mind
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the shadows...
    Posts
    204
    Luckily Im a nice person who doesnt mind helping other people, though Youtube is a rather indirect route. That said, if Im not on the traxxas forum, I wont get PM notifications as my main email addy is a hotmail one, not the one I use for traxxas forums. Whatever, Im here to help.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 10-14-2008 at 09:58 PM.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •