RC Qualifier

E-Revo SUPER CHEAP $219

Check out this site! I just found it. shipping to US is $86. Do you think it is too good to be true? http://payato.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3
    E-Maxx 3905 w Novak 6.5/ VXL Rusty/VXL pede/ slash

RC Qualifier
    you didnt need to make a thread about it.......
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Champion
    Is pricing different in Indonesia? I doubt it, there is some loophole.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Qualifier
    oops. got to excited i guess. sorry.

I'm betting thats before it's converted to American prices,I see nothing wrong with this thread.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    No, that price is in USD. Total comes to $305. They want a bank/wire tranfer though. A little skeptical.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    I'm betting thats before it's converted to American prices,I see nothing wrong with this thread.
    this is being talked about on another one of his threads, it dont hurt but i mean it didnt need to be posted, was just saying he didnt need to post it since it was being talked about already on his other thread.

RC Qualifier
    wow, 159 for an emaxx and 520 for a 5B? sounds to good to be true!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

RC Qualifier
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-E-REVO-4WD-ELECTRIC-MONSTER-TRUCK-NIB_W0QQitemZ360094201814QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 60094201814&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A15|240%3A 1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRA5605-E-REVO-RTR-MONSTER-TRUCK-NEW-IN-BOX-W-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ320308463767QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em320308463767&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A15|240 %3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-REVO-RTR-w-TRAXXAS-Aftermarket-Brushless-Ready_W0QQitemZ110296163450QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m110296163450&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A15|240% 3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-E-Revo-RTR-Monster-Truck-5605-EREVO-E-Revo_W0QQitemZ310090007954QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 310090007954&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A15|240%3 A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    SHALL I CONTINUE!? lol

EDIT: sorry didnt know u paid with AUS $ or w/e my bad
    :-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p:-p

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmate
    this is being talked about on another one of his threads, it dont hurt but i mean it didnt need to be posted, was just saying he didnt need to post it since it was being talked about already on his other thread.
    can u post a link to the other thread?*EDIT* NM I found it. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=440688

I saw this like two months ago. I was floored, then I went to order and it just felt too sketchy to me...something seems weird. I felt it was either a scam, or a matter of time before they lose their affiliation by ignoring MAP pricing.

Interested to see if anyone has used them tho.
    Last edited by HoovHartid; 10-06-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    Guess what?If its too good to be true than its not.I wouldnt chance it.There in Indonesia!!!

RC Qualifier
    If i had a random $305 laying around id do it, but id rather use that on a new BL system. Yea hoov it was just going to get started talking aobut in that thread but now he made this thread. Someone buy one L and let us know.

RC Enthusiast
    If it is too good to be true, it usually is. It ask for Telegraphic Transfer. Bank Wire Transfer and would not accept another form of payment. Usually that is an indication of scam. Anyway it would be interesting to see if someone has tried it and actually got any thing form them.

RC Qualifier
    well I hit continue to check the price with shipping and it linked me to an invoice saying I ordered it, I don't know how they could though, as I did not give them any info other than my address.

RC Qualifier
    yea guys just be carefull. Seems like it could be a nasty scammer. Think and read before you buy

RC Qualifier
    eh, moosedrool. it would be awesome if you got a big package in a couple weeks! Free E-revos to everyone!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammyboy123
    eh, moosedrool. it would be awesome if you got a big package in a couple weeks! Free E-revos to everyone!
    If I get a big package in a few weeks I sure as heck am not paying them anything, because I never even ordered it!

RC Qualifier
    I meant if it just showed up, you havent paid them anything? right

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammyboy123
    I meant if it just showed up, you havent paid them anything? right
    Yeah, I didn't pay anything. All they have is my name and address. I mean unless they send me a bill or something, I don't think they have any way of saying that I actually purchased the thing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseDrool
    Yeah, I didn't pay anything. All they have is my name and address. I mean unless they send me a bill or something, I don't think they have any way of saying that I actually purchased the thing.
    I think it's pretty unlikely that anything will turn up!!!
    (But even if you had to pay them the advertised price, you could make it back on ebay in seconds...)

Frankly the whole thing seems very dubious... bank transfer indeed! 'Cos they don't have credit cards there, right? I have to admit that the website is very thorough for a scam, but as someone above said, if something is really too good to be true, then ... it isn't true.

[sigh - would've liked another truck... ]
    Time is an illusion, "9am sharp" doubly so.

RC Qualifier
    Well, only thing i can think of is if the site will track previous orders and somehow find your credit card number from somewhere else. No idea but whatever it is im not buying from them.

RC Qualifier
    I can't find anyone who has ordered from them on some of the bigger forums:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7935679/tm.htm

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum//sh...d.php?p=616494

I had a similar experience with a super discount online seller and found out they sell the item without a major component (like the chassis) but are willing to sell the chassis for something like 200 USD more.

The payato.com shop isn't even listed on the reseller ratings site to check if legit. See:

http://www.resellerratings.com/resel...rd_search=paya

Bottom line:

If something is too good to be true...

RC Champion
    I wish someone would try it and buy the cheapest item on the site (Which is an airplane for $54) to see if they are legit or not. If they are, then I would grab that E-Revo faster than you can blink. (That's pretty fast huh? )
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Flame
    I wish someone would try it ...
    What's holding you back from being that someone?
    Time is an illusion, "9am sharp" doubly so.

RC Qualifier
    well i just emailed them i might be the gimmie pig to buy this off them if they respond i probably buy it and hope for the best. most of the time when you see these things online you order it and then you get an email that says order canceled and sorry about the inconvenience i once say a $1000 dollar tv for $439 tried to order it and that is what happen but then again i ordered my losi 8t for 300 when its cost new is 599 so i guess i got lucky lets try for a second time!
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Qualifier
    hey rhino any updates? did they email you back?

RC Qualifier
    I am guessing no response??
    "I would let you drive it, but it cost like $1000"

RC Qualifier
    you are right its been about three weeks and i never got a response back from them so unfortunately this is a dream that wont come true.. =0(
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Qualifier
    LOL Rhino, you won't be getting squat from Indonesia. That is the filthiest pig of a country thats just smothered with con artists. I had a buddy fall for the too good to be true deal from that same company, they took a few hundred from him via money gram or something like that. Needless to say he didn't get his truck, he did get a phone call saying HAHA thanks for the cash sucker!
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Qualifier
    ha ha i would probably end up laughing if they actually called me and said "thanks for the cash sucker" haha that would be great,
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino420
    ha ha i would probably end up laughing if they actually called me and said "thanks for the cash sucker" haha that would be great,
    That was the best part about it, I told him not to send the guy cash, but he got greedy and thought he scoring big time. The guy call him up the very next day and in his thick Indonesian accent, says, "Thank you very much for the money, you big sucka!" I'm still laughin' at him when you talks about being broke.
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved