Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I havent worked on it yet this weekend Im going to tear it apart.........again. Thanks for be concerned about it lol.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok after trying again it still dosnt work. When I put the ez start in a push the button it turns the engine over fine but the spur gear spins while the engines turning over. When it starts and I give it gas it dies which made me think clutch shoes so I checked them for the third time and they were fine. Is it possible to put them on upside down?

RC Enthusiast
    i thought you knew what you were doing???????????

RC Racer
    if your wondering if you can put clutch shoes on upside down, u dont kno wut ur doin. I guarantee if I had that truck I would figure out what was wrong with it in under 45 seconds.

RC Racer
    lol hes hoping that if he lets it sit long enough it will fix itself

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks guys I new I could could on you for some great info. I have never had this many problems with my RC`s in the past.

RC Racer
    let me know when you are going to sell it... i'll take it, if it is CHEAP...

RC Racer
    Im selling mine for $350 no radio/rx ofna bb

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have changed numerous clutches and have never had a problem I was just making sure. Mines not for sale.

RC Enthusiast
    Are The Bearings Locked Frozen Up?

RC Qualifier
    lol chuck, you need to ease up on the kid. I know you probably could fix it blindfolded, but cynix does have a decent reputation on these boards.

Thing is cynix,

You know at least one thing- the problem is within the engine to the transmission. When i hear something or see something go wrong on my cars, my mind automatically goes through the operation of a powertrain.

For engine performance issues:
    Fuel tank-Fuel lines-carburetor-crank shaft-combustion chamber-header-exhaust pipe-backpressure line- fuel tank

For drivetrain issues:
    Engine-flywheel-clutch-slipper clutch-transmission-(output center shafts)-differentials-driveshafts-wheel hex- hex pin-wheel-tire

One problematic link in the chain can ultimately make the whole system useless.

My suggestions:
    - delete ez start
    - use glow ignitor/pullstart/etc
    - yank out the engine
    - lube clutch bearings, reinstall, and test for free spinning
    - remove transmission, examine all gears and bearings

Dude... i just realized something, it does sound like bad/blown clutch bearings... If not, i can continue giving some suggestions
    Last edited by RedMan3; 10-28-2008 at 07:44 PM.
    #mphModel: 60NR, 62Jato, 51Revo, 36Slash, 35MiniT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know I have tour it all apart and cant see what is wrong. Ill try new clutch bearings I dont I didnt pay much attention to it when I took it apart. I have took the tranny out and took it aprt every thing is good there.
    Last edited by Cynix; 10-28-2008 at 08:00 PM.

RC poster
    Is the ez start the most common problem, with traxxas t maxx 3.3 not starting. I just got one myself, ran the first break in tank through it, shut it down for the 15min cool down time. Refilled and started it then it died and I can't get it to start back up. I also have what looks like fuel bumbling up
    Around the glow plug. Any suggestions are welcomed Im new to the rc and Nitro's. Thanks