RC Qualifier

Slash VXL eating Axles!

Hey guys,
    My Slash with a VXL motor and ESC has been eating axles, rear stub axles and everything else in the drivelines other than my steel ouput yokes. I keep twisting the half shafts at the part where they attatch to the rear stub axle. I need some stronger drivelines from the output yokes to the wheels. What do you recommend or what do you use?
    Thanks a lot!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

RC Qualifier
    I've not destroyed mine yet, but my Pede is getting these:

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...LM26715&cat=30

There must be something similar that is the right length. Nitro Stampede length maybe?

RC Champion
    Jato Driveshafts.

There is a little slop between the Steel outputs and the Shafts, but it isn't bad enough to pop them out in my experiences.

BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Qualifier
    How do they attatch to the rear stub axles? Do I need anything else other than the jato driveshafts to do it?
    thanks

RC Champion
    This is all I needed.

I just installed these onto the stock stub axles. You will have to drill them out a teeny bit however, so that it will not bind. All in all, It took me 20 mins to install the jato shafts.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammyboy123
    Hey guys,
    My Slash with a VXL motor and ESC has been eating axles, rear stub axles and everything else in the drivelines other than my steel ouput yokes. I keep twisting the half shafts at the part where they attatch to the rear stub axle. I need some stronger drivelines from the output yokes to the wheels. What do you recommend or what do you use?
    Thanks a lot!
    Mine only did that for 2 reasons. Spinning on concrete and then "gripping", and going in reverse and gasin it, and the slipper tighened ALL the way.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

The slop created by using the Jato sliders with the steel output yokes probably isn't good. That will likely cause additional wear, I would imagine. Back your slipper off, install VXL plastic yokes and stub axles, and install some Jato sliders. To get the Jato sliders to fit, you just need to enlarge the holes in the yokes and stub axles a touch. The sliders themselves might also need to be shortened, but I am not totally sure on that. I needed to shorten them to install them on my N-Stampede.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

I like the Jato shafts and use them on my Rusty. That being said if you are tearing up your drive line on a regular basis you are most likely running your slipper clutch too tight. Back it off a little bit and I bet you stop tearing up drive line components.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I got my driveline all back together, if I break one more part on it, The Jato driveshafts will be bought! I am now running my slipper so the slipper clutch engages for about 3 feet or more.
    Thansk!

RC Competitor
    Doesn't hot racing have a cvd set for the slash?

RC Champion
    No, but FLM does.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Competitor
    my bad, thats the one i meant.

RC Qualifier
    Just for an example to get some insight to an upgrade/upgrades.

If you were to upgrade to this FLM....CVD....would you need to upgrade somewhere else along with this CVD?

Meaning, if you upgrade in one area, do you need to upgrade in another area along with this initial upgrade, in order to not make something else more prone to breakage because of it?

Hope I didn't confuse here. LOL

RC Champion
    Well, the axles not twisting would cause more torque to reach the stub axles, so that would be my only concern. The tranny gears are steel, and aren't going to break soon IMO, and there is the disposable spur.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!