RC Qualifier

Titan 12t motor....

Is there a technique to disassemble the motor to clean out and check things out inside?

thanks
    E-REVO brushless ROCKS!!

RC Enthusiast
    Nope. A throw away motor. Mine just took a dump, and I asked the same question. And thats what I was told.

RC Qualifier
    Get some electric motor spray at your local hobby shop. Frequently pull the motor out of your Slash and spray it out with that stuff. Let it dry out before use though.

RC Qualifier
    When you use electric motor cleaner, make sure that you have not drove the truck in a while, allow the motor to completely cool (room temp) before spraying it with cleaner. Once you are done use a small drop of light oil (ex. 3 in 1) and oil each bushing. Put the motor back into the truck and drive. Let us know if the motor works better afterwards.

RC Qualifier
    what about drenching it in motor spray and then blasting it out with compressed air?

also is a brake cleaner ok to use in it?
    E-REVO brushless ROCKS!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redbarton
    Get some electric motor spray at your local hobby shop. Frequently pull the motor out of your Slash and spray it out with that stuff. Let it dry out before use though.
    it will explode!
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Racer
    I bought some electric motor spray at my LHS and ran it through my Titan. Got a bunch of junk out of it. Oiled the bushings and it runs like new for me. It definitely helps.
    JawJackinFool
    RC Newbie/Slash Fanatic

RC Qualifier
    no I was told not to use brake cleaner on the Electronics but you can use it to clean the rest of the RC but it has to be non-chlorinated

The problem with most brake cleaners is that they are harmful to plastic, so they will damage the internal fan.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, but carb cleaner seems to work ok.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Qualifier
    I take my motor out put it in abowl of water and hook a battery up to it. Then blow it out and oil the bushings. Still no slop in the bushings after 1 month,and it runs great.
    Slash 4X4, Blitz ESE, Motocross, Mtn. Biking

RC Qualifier
    Yep, Y'all can say I am a complete...DUH.....on how I have been doing the motor spray thingy. LOL

Motor has never gotten real hot. I have been using the motor spray right after running, and actually running the motor at times when spraying it. LOL

Nope, no fire, or explosions so far. But, I am sure I have been lucky with all this. Ya think? LOL

I will not continue to do it this way from here on out though.

Have yet to take the motor out and spray it. I will be doing that today sometime though. Need to get a handle on this removal of motor and back in again.

Anyhoo, when I approach Duhville again with any of this, I will re-group the brain cells, and think things out better. LOL

Thanks again to all

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Turborx7gen2
    ...brake cleaner will oxidize even if it is non clorinated, that will make electrical connections bad...
    Found this in the Jato forum.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Champion
    Carb cleaner leaves residue, brake cleaner does not. I have tried every brand available, and have yet to find one that hurt lexan or plastic fan.

I took my titan apart, bushings were worn completely out. I put new bushings in it, surfaced the comm, and put it back together.

RC Qualifier
    I hosed my titan out with electric cleaner. Its cheaper if you buy some electrical cleaner from somewhere other than your LHS...such as lowes or home depot. I think its 3 bucks cheaper that way than my LHS.
    I have been cleaning my emaxx's titans with great luck.
    However I sprayed out the 12t in my slash.....let it dry.....re oiled the bushings, and now something is wrong with the motor. Its like my ESC is stuck in training mode. It turned into a dog after I cleaned it. I even programmed my esc thinking it was in training mode.
    For a 25 dollar throw away motor, I'm no longer going to waste my time cleaning them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzican
    I hosed my titan out with electric cleaner. Its cheaper if you buy some electrical cleaner from somewhere other than your LHS...such as lowes or home depot. I think its 3 bucks cheaper that way than my LHS.
    I have been cleaning my emaxx's titans with great luck.
    However I sprayed out the 12t in my slash.....let it dry.....re oiled the bushings, and now something is wrong with the motor. Its like my ESC is stuck in training mode. It turned into a dog after I cleaned it. I even programmed my esc thinking it was in training mode.
    For a 25 dollar throw away motor, I'm no longer going to waste my time cleaning them.
    yeah that happened to me to, i cleaned her out one day and then bam! I lost 10mph lol. I havent bothered to replace it yet as im going to be getting a nitro rusty first nitro!!! after that if I got some more money..sure seems to disapear fast il prob go get myself a Team Orion 15T Pro BB...any positive imput on that motor?
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    yeah that happened to me to, i cleaned her out one day and then bam! I lost 10mph lol. I havent bothered to replace it yet as im going to be getting a nitro rusty first nitro!!! after that if I got some more money..sure seems to disapear fast il prob go get myself a Team Orion 15T Pro BB...any positive imput on that motor?

funny how that works. I'm glad I'm not the only person that has had that happen. On 7 cells mine won't even run with a good 12T on 6 cells.
    I havn't tried anything other than a Titan. I'm pretty new to electric stuff having been into Nitro for 10+ years. I bought that new emaxx because it was waterproof and where I live we have snow for 6 months of the year.
    That was my first electric, then I had to have a slash. Wish I would have waited for the Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    ... il prob go get myself a Team Orion 15T Pro BB...any positive imput on that motor?
    The Orion Formula Pro BB's are pretty good motors. They're my favorite as far as brushed motors go.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle