Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862

    What are you guys doing about wheelies?

    What wheelie bars are being run on the brushless slashes?

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    338
    im assuming rustler wheelie bar you just have to take off the back bumper
    looking for a E-revo !!

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862
    So a swami bar oughta bolt right on then. Excellent.

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44
    Personally, I don't think it looks right when a Slash wheelies. You never see the full size ones doing that... that's just my opinion.

    But I know it does happen... So to keep the original/scale appearance I just drilled a hole in each end of the rear bumper and mouted a set of the Traxxas wheelie bar wheels. It doesn't seem to be very noticable and helps keep the body and bumper from dragging.

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    83
    I got a Mamba Max ESC and adjust launch control and throttle curve. No wheelie bar required to smoke the VXL that just flips over and plays dead.
    ERBE - Savage SS -XXX-4
    1/16 Revo - Jato 3.3

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino420
    im assuming rustler wheelie bar you just have to take off the back bumper
    yes thats right and in the wheelie bar package it says the wheelie bar acts like a bumper
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,318
    i think new era or team integy has a wheelie bar to
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by troglodyte
    Personally, I don't think it looks right when a Slash wheelies. You never see the full size ones doing that... that's just my opinion.
    Maybe not in short course but check this out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKLf...eature=related

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,318
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bashing My RC's!
    Posts
    350
    What about adding some weight to the front? like stick on wheel weights....only thing is it might nose dive going over jumps....just an idea.

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    Posts
    7,488
    i have alkot of power in my slash and it has never gone on 2 wheels unles sthe truck starts to roll over. which then results in the slash driving on 2 wheels while turning.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862
    eh, I just strapped on my pede wheelie bar. Direct swap, don't need to change a thing.

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    Loosen your slipper 1/4 turn by another to aviod wheelies on highgrip surfaces . Mine does it now only when it hits speed of nearly 50 mph , but thats caused by aerodyn. issues . first than a wheeliebar comes into play.
    Wheelies from a standstill are hard to controll and mostly end upsidedown ,
    I don' like that and it's unnessessary demage to the drivetrain and all other parts .

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862
    With the stock bar and the trx rubber tires (I got the nice red aluminum ones) I can wheelie from 0 to infinity. I never would've thought these little rubber wheels would've made such a difference to the stock wheelie bar.

    Man, you should've seen the slash go today. VXL and a 3s 8000mah maxamps lipo with a 25t pinion. Wow this truck is fun. I'm especially fond of the fact that it traction rolls about 1/100th as much as the stampede does. Running across a hard packed sand parking lot it was throwing a rooster tail the whole time. Awesome.

  15. #15
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockopa
    Loosen your slipper 1/4 turn by another to aviod wheelies on highgrip surfaces . Mine does it now only when it hits speed of nearly 50 mph , but thats caused by aerodyn. issues . first than a wheeliebar comes into play.
    Wheelies from a standstill are hard to controll and mostly end upsidedown ,
    I don' like that and it's unnessessary demage to the drivetrain and all other parts .

    I wonder if anyone has attempted to assist with high speed aerodynamic issues.
    I'm not looking to break speed records but it would be nice to keep the nose down and not blow over. The top of my body is horrible from high speed flip overs. Funny because it skids forEVER but nice to keep it down. Some type of cover for the front? I'm thinking air gets under the body and it turns into a kite.

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    148
    Easy on the throttle.......................................... ......
    HR

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder
    Easy on the throttle.......................................... ......
    True dat!

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rc Room
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman
    I wonder if anyone has attempted to assist with high speed aerodynamic issues.
    I'm not looking to break speed records but it would be nice to keep the nose down and not blow over. The top of my body is horrible from high speed flip overs. Funny because it skids forEVER but nice to keep it down. Some type of cover for the front? I'm thinking air gets under the body and it turns into a kite.

    Same thing with the Slayer.
    The air pressure under the front bumper at high speeds just picks it up. I take mine off the slayer for speed runs. Plus jack the back body mounts up and the fronts down as far as you can. Not much adjustment for slash body mounts tho.

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862
    Needs a rear wing

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Needs a front spoiler! I just put a 3s Lipo in my slash, geared 26/83 and my god, it's a monster. This gearing is only for speed runs. At about 50 (like every one else) the front end starts to kite. I'm going to design something to try and keep it down. The front bumper/skidplate sure doesn't help with it's 45 degree "take me up Scotty) incline.

  21. #21
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    see the posts under "more downforce needed" too !

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brainerd MN
    Posts
    389
    A cheaper way would be to set your shocks on the outermost hole on the arms. It will give it a wider stance, improves handeling and wont do wheeies.

  23. #23
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,620
    If you cant control the wheelies, the truck is too fast for you. Next thing is, put it in the dirt and/or take the big goofy wheels off it. Whats next, rock crawlers with wheelie bars? sheesh

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by outkast187
    If you cant control the wheelies, the truck is too fast for you. Next thing is, put it in the dirt and/or take the big goofy wheels off it. Whats next, rock crawlers with wheelie bars? sheesh
    Responses like this make me laugh. You act as if there is one way to run a rc car. Or even more amusingly you think you have some secret insight into driving. People like myself enjoy wheelies. I'd rather not wheelie on a bumper, thanks. Interestingly, if people had your attitude, the old tube based rock crawlers probably wouldn't exist today. Omg man, whats next, a monster truck modified to become a crawler!?!?! Oh wait..

    There is just nothing more fun than launching the slash off of the table top at some insanely stupid speed, landing it in front of all the people watching, then riding a wheelie the whole way back to add a little icing to the spectator cake.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •