RC poster

Titian 12t 550 troubles

Is there any one else having problems with the Titan motors. In the area where we are from there as been a few people latley getting into the slash, but Most of them and my self have had motor go bad or burn up. We have broke them in the way traxxas had advised but still having problems. Any advice would be great.

RC Qualifier
    Get a new motor! i only got about a month from mine. But we are rough on them. a replacement Titan is about $12, but i really like the Trinity series - lighter, more power and rebuildable. or go all the way and get a VXL. The Slash is meant to be Brushless, longer run times and alot more power.
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Qualifier
    seatlle where did u see the titan for 12 bucks? please let me know i need to buy some back ups for spec racing thanks
    looking for a E-revo !!

I got a couple titans on the bay for 7 each. They were taken from a new slash.

Quote Originally Posted by The_big_c
    Is there any one else having problems with the Titan motors. In the area where we are from there as been a few people latley getting into the slash, but Most of them and my self have had motor go bad or burn up. We have broke them in the way traxxas had advised but still having problems. Any advice would be great.
    What gearing are you running? You're not using the "speed gear" are you? What batteries and how many cells?

Some people have had their 12T Titan motors last for quite a while.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    A friend of mine had one last over a year. It finally died about a week ago. I believe he cleaned and oiled it once or twice a week. I never gave my Titan a chance - went brushless on my stampede, and the Titan was run only once in my Slash before it was replaced with a VXL. I never had any complaints with the Titans myself... well, it would be nice if you could rebuild them.

RC poster
    Hey guys I am kind of new to electrics, experienced on nitro. What is a replacement motor that is brushed and will be faster or last longer then the Titan 12t?

Quote Originally Posted by StaffordSlash
    Hey guys I am kind of new to electrics, experienced on nitro. What is a replacement motor that is brushed and will be faster or last longer then the Titan 12t?
    A 15-turn Team Orion Formula Pro BB would be faster (with more torque), but like with most open endbell motors, it would need to be rebuilt. The Formula Pro BB motors go about 30 runs on a set of brushes.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Clean and lubricate it regularly and dont over gear. Youll smoke it for sure. 4 months old, 60 plus packs through mine and still going strong.
    MARBETH Racing