pre painted bodys.

does anyone one know where to get prepainted bodys
    that will fit the 3906 emaxx?
    and is there a diffrence in how the bodys mount
    between the 3906 and the 3905?
    thanks -bmx.
    I was anti-obama before it was cool!

RC Qualifier
    If I were you get a Proline body and paint it with spray bomb's yourself.he stock Traxxas Bodies are very thin and will rip and tear pretty fast,the Proline Bodies are way more durable.

RC Champion
    alright, how do most of yall paint you lids?

RC Champion
    I got my paint from rcplanet.com. They have a good variety of paint and bodies. This is my first paint job... ever.

[IMG][/IMG]

I used painters tape and a sharp razor tool.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Competitor
    Your local hobby shop should carry a bunch of different colors of lexan-safe spray paint... its easy as pie. You can also get more then one color and a sticker kit to put flames or stripes or whatever. (or cut your own out of painters tape like fishy...no offence)
    Emaxx 3906 (and yes, its purple)

RC Champion
    alright, thanks guys, does anyone have pictures of a jeep body they've painted?

RC Qualifier
    Go to xxxmain.com they make alot of paint masks,then go to towerhobbies and type in vlset look at that airbrush it is truly a steal at 60 bucks,if you want t paint all your own Bodies I would get an AirBrush I have usd spray bombs in the past and would never go back,the spray cans by Pactrac are'nt bad but not that great the Pactrac paint chips and cracks all the time,but the Parma Faskolor really stays on and is the best RC paint out there hands down as far as no cracking or chipping.If you want to get an AirBrush and need an aAircompressor just get the first compressor that comes on sale from Lowes or Home Depot just get a 1 to 3 gallon one.

RC Champion
    i have a small air compressor(sp?) i just wasnt sure or not wether i anted to make the investment in an airbrush kit? what all do i need do paint my own bodies?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxdude
    alright, thanks guys, does anyone have pictures of a jeep body they've painted?
    No jeep pictures, buth here are some bodies I've painted for my children's cars:

Very novice results from a purchased airbrush kit for use with my air compressor used to clean the trucks. Ideally, more time and attention to detail would give better results, but my children want everything right away, and have cracked or damaged every body put on their trucks.

RC Competitor
    Here is the one I did. Nothing fancy, one color, no airbrush; just a can of lexan-safe spray paint... I like it... You can put another color of racing stripes REALLY easy with painters tape. Unless you want to spend ALOT of time and $70-$150 on airbrush equipment, this is the way to go. Took me 5 min of spraying, another five of cutting, couple hours to dry and boom, painted maxx body.
    Emaxx 3906 (and yes, its purple)

RC Champion
    owow okay. Will this body fit on the 3906.?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPLW8&P=7

RC Qualifier
    Should, it says e/tmaxx. I love that body, Thats probably the one I'm gonna get for my emaxx also.
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

RC Champion
    FYI, here a link to know which Proline bodies fit your Traxxas truck : http://www.prolineracing.com/images/...ppGuide_MT.pdf.