RC Qualifier

Hypothetical situation...

OK guys gimme your opinions. In a conversation with the wife we were discussing, what if you ordered a new Slash and Velineon combo from an ebay hobby store, received the new Slash and then three weeks later they sent you another by mistake. What would you do? Keep it, sell it, or try to return it to the seller? And no this did not actually happen, my wife and I just have different opinions and I wanted to hear some of yours.

-Bob-

RC Racer
    I got a double shipment of car parts from an eBay auction once, which were quite heavy. I mention they were quite heavy because it would have cost nearly what they were worth to ship them back. So I kept them both.....

If you get an extra Slash by mistake, keep them both!
    3 Maxx's, 3 Pede's, 2 Rusty's, MM Slash.

RC Qualifier
    Ya but karma is a bad dude when your on his bad side...
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Ask the store what they'd like you to do, if they ask you to send it back make sure they cover the postage.

But yeah, Karma!

I think you could avoid the whole karma thing if you donated the extra one to me

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697
    I think you could avoid the whole karma thing if you donated the extra one to me
    LOL, I got a comment like that from my dad. I personally was thinking keep it, or sell it to help fund an EREVO!

-Bob-

RC Competitor
    i keep it or sell it for parts

RC Enthusiast

But what if there is a GOD!

No good deed goes unpunished, just a thought.

RC Champion
    Send it back my brother in law had this happen off e-bay for a rc car they sent him another one a week later and he decided to sell it...well guess what they found out finnally that they sent 2 out to the same address and he had to pay back the full amount for the extra rc car they shipped out back to the seller...
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Champion
    Karma would kill you, or hypothetically severely maim you. Then God would use one of these on you:

I'd let them know and go from there.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC poster
    Not quite the same but similar. I purchased a front brush guard for my truck and when it arrived it was damaged slightly. I notified the seller and was told that they would send another one right out to replace it. I was told to repackage the first one and that they will have UPS come pick it up. The replacement showed up at my front door but no notes about any pickup (I'm at work during the day) left by UPS. I notified the seller again and said to just wait for UPS. Well, it's been over a year now and I still have it sitting here packaged and ready to go back.

This thing is bulky and I've been lucky the wife hasn't said anything yet. I could easily sell it to someone local where they can try it on the truck and see if they like it but have been afraid they would show up to take it the day I sell it.

RC Qualifier
    This actually happened to me with Dell. My wife and I ordered two (2) LCD monitors. I changed my mind, called Dell, and made sure they got my new one on the order, and cancelled the original one. No problem the lady says. So, a week goes by and we come home from work and there are four Dell boxes sitting on our porch. Um....I call Dell and jokingly asked the lady if they always double ship $200 monitors. The lady says no, and I tell her what happened. She assured me that there was no way their computers would've double shipped the extra monitors to my address. I told them they were in my living room as we spoke, and she said have a good evening and hung up. Needless to say they both got sold.

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^^ karma at work
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Just go Play
    Ya but karma is a bad dude when your on his bad side...
    I agree, Karma is a bad thing to mess with.
    JawJackinFool
    RC Newbie/Slash Fanatic

towerhobbies sent me an airplane motor wich i didnt know anything about, i sent it back and then later that day i looked it up and the motor was worth over $400!
    but yea im glad i sent it back, i dont like when karma visits!

RC Racer
    anything sent to you in the mail that you did not ask for or request to be sent to you is legaly yours. they forfit ownership. The responsible thing to do would be contact them and go from there but the law would be on your side. kinda like when you get those little packages of BS trial products that say here is a what ever to try for whatever weeks and if you dont like it just send it back and you wont be charged anything. Well, the thing is they can not charge you for something that was never asked to be sent to you. They are just wanting you to be like "ok". then they hope you forget or loose the darn whatever it was and they just send you a bill and you think you have to pay, NOPE. My fathers buisiness used to get these things rather often.
    Last edited by jc052685; 09-03-2008 at 03:34 AM.

RC Champion
    i would donate some money then keep it!
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?

RC Champion
    I ordered some shocks. All four come in one package. When the shipment arrived at my house, I got two packages (for a total of four shocks) of rebuild kits for the shocks I ordered. They were $6 each, the 4 shocks were $30. I sent them an email, stating the mistake. I made it a point to not word the email in the form of a question; simply stating the situation. For two reasons: it was the first time I ordered from the store so I was slightly bummed, and they would work with the shocks I paid for.

In his reply he apologized and said he'd get the right stuff out. It was probably not cost effective for him to pay for shipping, and I wouldn't have done it. However, I didn't feel right asking to keep them. I haven't opened the packages yet, though. Part of me still expects him to ask for them back. If he does, I'll glady send them on his dime.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.