RC Competitor

Revo Shock Mod For Slash

Got My New Gtr Shocks(30 or so bucks off ebay) Today There Really Nice, Stock, they fit the front perfect, Rears Are A Bit Too Short For My Liking,(can Be Used ) All You Have To Do Is Take Out The Top Ball joint, And Put Your Bottom Ball joint From The Slash In place Of The Revos, <--- For Both Front/Back. I Modded The Rears By Taking Off the Rod End And Putt On A Ti rod End In Its Place(there longer) But The Only Ones I Had Laying Around Were The Ones From The Slash So The Thread Hole Is Bigger On The ti rod So I Cut Off The End Of A Zip Tie Because it goes from really skinny to fatter put the fat side on the bottom And screwed the shock in. it holds Really Good (tried pulling it apart)But It Didn't Budge I'm Gonna see if i can find some longer rod ends that fit the revo shocks if not i may try something like shrink wrapping the threads and see how that works but for now its a perfect fit for the rears, hopefully i sprung up some ideas and maybe we can Make some good Mod shocks for the slash. btw I Had Them On It, It They Compress very nicely they will go all the way down till the truck bottoms out, only problem is all the tuning one will have to do to get it perfect( shock oil weight Piston Holes Springs?). Pics Anyone?

Edit: i think the rears will be perfect oil weight and spring wise fronts are too stiff ( i have a 11.1v 8k batt also the stiffer rear is needed

Stock Revo Ball End, Stock Revo Shock - Slash Ti rod Ball End, Modded Revo shock, Stock Rear Slash Shock

Front Revo Slash Shock, Rear Modded Revo Slash Shock
    Last edited by TwzteD; 09-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.

RC Champion
    sweet^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Qualifier
    Twisted, in the process of throwing the same shock set up on my street Slash. Had to lengthen the rears of course, we'll see how they hold up with just loosening the rod ends. I've run it only with blue dot, Jato springs in the rear and some Integy springs from piggybacks i had laying around for the front. So far so good in terms of road behavior, there is no doubt that some fine tuning needs to be done, but all in all pretty good set up for what I'm gonna use it for. Are you gonna be hitting the dirt with set up??
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Competitor
    Yea Dirt Is Where Its At

RC Qualifier
    I hear you on that one. I wanted to try this mod out first for the street and see if it was worth doing on my other Slash. Tell me your gonna make some mods to the springs and shock oil at least, that thing would bounce like a rubber ball with those REVO springs on it?

RC Competitor
    i will Change the fronts the rear possibly when i drop it the rears are nice, fronts are too stiff not to mention i have to add all the electrical stuff so i think i may keep the rear the way the are.

RC Competitor
    Shrink wrap works great too! its really on there

RC Champion
    They're not that much shorter. I thought they were for some reason.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Qualifier
    The fronts are dead on in length, but like TwztD shows, the rears have to be lengthened quite a bit, his Jangified rear set up with the zip ties and shrink wrap looks like it should work. Gonna give it a go when I get home.

RC Competitor
    also fuel tubing works cut it to fit in the hole and start screwing it in! (my fingers are hurting lol)

RC Qualifier
    i was watching a thread on a different forum and what they did for the rear was use these (i'm pretty sure) shafts. these it looks like they're longer than the revo shafts and you'll have to use a nut to hold the piston
    "That don't make NO sense!"