RC Champion

Video: Backyard Slash racing

With bonus test footage of the Bandit VXL's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TFgAnL8uXA

Be sure to click the "Watch in high quality" link to the lower right of the video.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Champion
    That looks like fun!
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Champion
    It is We usually have a larger crowd but we had two that didn't make it out until later, and then four of us marshalling the track, counting laps, or taking video.

I think we have 10 Slash's and 6 Bandits in the regular group now.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Champion
    Nice! This makes me wish there was a track closer to me! (hour plus drive either way. )
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

Nice track! How wide are the lanes? They look really wide in the video.

RC Champion
    The largest straight is about 12' wide - that's the part closest to the camera in the Slash racing. It's a bit narrower on the remainder of the track, down to about 6' in the middle rythym section. We're looking at making some changes to make it wider throughout. It was originally built for 10th scale trucks and the Slash is a bit big and loose for the smaller sections.
    Traxxas racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    The largest straight is about 12' wide - that's the part closest to the camera in the Slash racing. It's a bit narrower on the remainder of the track, down to about 6' in the middle rythym section. We're looking at making some changes to make it wider throughout. It was originally built for 10th scale trucks and the Slash is a bit big and loose for the smaller sections.
    Wow,that would be nice.Our track is for 1/10 and is strict to the 6 foot regulations.Actually,most of our track seems like it's a little shy of 6 feet.It makes for some really sloppy laps with the Slash .It makes me jealous seeing your track and imagining how nice it must be to have some room to let the truck slide around,since the Slash really likes to slide around in the rear