Thread: Slash

RC Competitor

Question Slash

hey guys been looking to buy a slash because people it handels prety goodand i am getting board of my rusy. how do you think it handels compared to a rusty on dirt and mud.

[please list mod that stop it from flippin on road]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr
    [please list mod that stop it from flippin on road]
    Slow down.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its is way different compared to my little brothers vxl Rustler. It will Power slide around stuff looks cool driving It also has some body roll. But it is way way way funner than a Rustler.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Competitor
    how fast will it go with 8cell 5000mah bat

RC Competitor
    i dont think it faster than 60mph

RC Champion
    its about 50ish
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Competitor
    with the titan ?

RC Champion
    No, with the Titan you'll probably see closer to 25-30 mph.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    ya with the titan and a 8 cell you might get 30 mph. i dont see where they get the 30+ speeds on the box? I am running a 7.2 venom 3000 with stock setup and i might get like 20 mph going downhill with a tailwind! Its really slow! Hopefully VXL and some Promatch EnerG 4600 8.4's will fix that!
    lol
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

The Slash can go pretty decent,but compared to the Rustler it handles pretty poorly,but that is what is so fun about it! It fishtails alot and is quite a bit heavier than the Rustler.It can get around a track pretty good,but you will definately have to change your driving style from the Rustler.Don't expect to dive inside a corner and hammer out of it.All that will get you is an impressive series of donuts .It seems to handle best on the street in stock form.I must say that the Slash is probably the slowest and clumsiest vehicle I have ever owned but it is by far the most fun one!

As far as mods go,I think it is best right out of the box,as long as all your friends agree to the same thing.In stock form,installing a brushless system will not give you the results you are looking for because the stock wheels will not get enough traction to handle all that power.I just raced mine for the first time in a spec class.We all bought them on Thursday or Friday night and raced them Saturday morning right out of the box.The LHS even offered us all a combo deal that included a 7 cell Venom pack.That was alot of fun because we all had identical trucks and had never driven them before.Really it was more like a train wreck than a race.The only mods I would consider are not for performance gains so much as reliability.Some aluminum shocks or even just shock caps would be cool since one guy managed to pop one off Saturday.Also some aluminum casters and rear hub carriers might be a good idea since I seem to have broken them on all my other trucks,but that's about it.

RC Racer
    It will NOT handle better than a Rustler. The rustler is lighter, has a lower center of gravity and is wider. If they were both setup for the same job the Rustler would Pwn the Slash. One of the reasons the slash can slide around and not traction roll as easy is the tires that are on it. Other than that it's mostly its looks that make it fun. I have both and my mostly aluminum Rustler is still lighter than a stock Slash.

A slash is kind of like a hybrid Stampede/Rustler with a bigger body and shorter suspension arms...

Harry kinda beat me to the punch... but I will say this for the slash, except for the shock caps popping off I have broken absolutely nothing and I have beat this thing up! Stuck a VXL in it and brought it to my hard clay track with some good sized jumps quite a few times : D
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-01-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: merge