RC Qualifier

New Slash Changes?

I have been reading a bit about some new changes for a newer model slash, and I was wondering what all the differences are?

I heard that the new slash will have the slayer style wheels with the 2.8 inner rim and the 2.2 outer rim, and the new one also has the Slayer body as well. Are there more changes, or is that all? I was going to get a few replacement parts for my truck, but now I'm thinking about just getting an entire new Slash to be "up-to-date" does anyone know what all the other changes are?

RC Qualifier
    Guessing you haven't bothered to peruse through a few of the topics in this forum for the past few days... have a look

RC Competitor
    I'm pretty sure that's it. Don't get a new one. It's actually a downgrade. You have the better version. Traxxas decided to cut some corners to save costs.

RC Qualifier
    @Rick_Diculous: Awesome reply there buddy... Where do you think I learned about the new body and the wheel changes?

@rcdriver: As far as a downgrade, how so? What corners are being cut to save costs? Something that one person sees as a downgrade, someone else might see as an upgrade. I read back to august 15th through the topics and can't really see much other than the body and wheels/tires.

RC Competitor
    Well it's not really a downgrade. It's just really not worth buying a new slash unless you have money to burn or were going to buy one anyways. The only difference is that traxxas changed the rims so that they would only have to make 1 set of tires for both the slash and slayer. The new rims are a really awkward size, so you're probably better off with your rims for compatibility with aftermarket tires. It will also handling but I wouldn't be able to tell you how as I have no experience with them. The body has been changed to the slayer shell, but that's just aesthetic and won't change anything performance-wise.

RC Racer
    A friend of mine bought one of the earlier Slashes, and it came with a Tamiya style connector on the ESC.
    3 Maxx's, 3 Pede's, 2 Rusty's, MM Slash.

RC Qualifier
    I got one of the 2nd shipment slashes, mine came with the TRX connector and was one of the ones that came with all the decals pre-applied, which sort of sucked, I like to put on my own decals. Not to mention I never got the Traxxas logo decals or the tail light decals or the blacked out headlights either.

Does anyone have any of the new wheels/tires that could take a close up picture of them? I am curious of the exact difference, I need a new pair of rear wheels/tires and wonder how much of an effect on looks/performance they will have.

RC Racer
    check here it was a topic down the first page

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=435294

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver
    Well it's not really a downgrade. It's just really not worth buying a new slash unless you have money to burn or were going to buy one anyways. The only difference is that traxxas changed the rims so that they would only have to make 1 set of tires for both the slash and slayer. The new rims are a really awkward size, so you're probably better off with your rims for compatibility with aftermarket tires. It will also handling but I wouldn't be able to tell you how as I have no experience with them. The body has been changed to the slayer shell, but that's just aesthetic and won't change anything performance-wise.
    The rims dont look awkward when there on you cant even notice it until you take them off.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=M.Prower]@Rick_Diculous: Awesome reply there buddy... Where do you think I learned about the new body and the wheel changes?

Sorry, didnt mean to sound harsh - just saw this one going down the same route as a few other currently active threads.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtruck
    check here it was a topic down the first page

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=435294
    Thanks sixtruck, I looked but I never seen that thread. The wheels don't look to bad really I guess. On the back they wont really be noticeable but the front ones might look a bit awkward... The larger inner wheel does look sort of funny when the truck turns and what not. I guess when I have to replace my front tires in the future I will just have to get used to it. So much for scale looks I guess.

@Rick_Diculous: No problem, it just sort of bugs me when people get all snappy, we're cool.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    when you are actually driving around you wont be able to look at the wheels much.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    when you are actually driving around you wont be able to look at the wheels much.
    HAHAHa our slashes have not stopped since we got them... look at the tires... HAHAHAHAHa
    2slashes:bullet:pede:e-savs:custom crawler