RC Champion

What's the slash drive like?

Ok guys i've been reading these forums and watching you tube vids of the slash and i have to say i'd love to try one. But what's it drive like?

I got a stampede and love the way it drives/handles/jumps i bought a rustler because everyone said it handles better. Which it did, but it wasn't' as much "fun" for me as the stampede. So i converted it to a second stampede.

Before i buy a slash (or ask for one for Christmas etc) i was wondering if anyone could maybe compare it to how a stampede drives or what it's like.

Typically i drive out in the front yard jumping the curb etc. or goto the park/BMX track and occasionally goto the LHS dirt track.

I know i'm asking for opinions and that it's going to be different for everyone so i guess tell me what you love/like/dislike about the slash

Thanks
    RC Addict #341777

RC Qualifier
    If you're thinking "hmm I wonder if its as fun as it looks.." IT IS!!! It isn't really meant to fly / jump like the pede, but it is a little more stable on the ground. I dont like the ridiculous amount of play around the rear hingepins but thats a quick fix with some washers.

RC Qualifier
    It drives awesome!

RC Qualifier
    Just do it, thats what I did, I just went out and bought it after I watched vids on it, looked at every aspect of it and spent a hour and half at my lhs looking at it trying to decide. then i bought it and have not regretted that purchase once! So just go out and buy it, you will not regret, trust me!
    thats just my 2 cents!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

RC Racer
    all i know is that you have to be very smooth and it loves BIG jumps. i raced against a t4 and rustlers and won by a landslide but the drivers weren't that experienced

It's a nice setup. The only drawbacks are the lack of a factory brushless version (so far) and the stock tires don't work in loose dirt or grass. Most of the parts are taken from other Traxxas vehicles, but the longer frame and higher weight make it into a completely different beast.

RC Competitor
    it would be fun on a bmx track, better than a pede. the yard and jumping curbs the stampede is probably better.
    slash,b4,t4,xxnt,mgt,sliders,boats,planes,u nam it

RC poster
    like a slice of fried gold on a heaven sandwich

...was that over the top?... I think it was over the top.

RC Racer
    It's a amazing truck for the price, I love mine!
    http://www.strikingvisions.com/bash.mp4

RC Qualifier
    It drives like a doped up cow on stilts...............easy to flip but by far the funnest thing around for $200............. Go get two of 'em, they're more fun in pairs...........
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Champion
    sellinchevs, LOL! As soon as my 3yr old son figures out how to drive i'll definatly buy him his own so i'll need two!

yeah i watched a youtube vid of one at a BMX track and that's what really made me start wanting one... hmm definatly ask for one for christmas if i don't break down and get it sooner.

Thanks ya'll!
    RC Addict #341777

RC poster
    for the most part mine only flips on pavement and usually lands on its wheels. It sloooozes around corners in the dirt like it was desinged for it or something. I ran it on a clay oval....GREAT and tough too we were jumping them over a telephone pole (yes laying down) and if we missed the ramp or hit it too slow BAM! straight into the pole all with no damage, sometimes in mid air. The only thing that happens is the one of the steering links pops out of it's cup and needs to be pop back in place. Better that than a break though. Ok now Im fawning over the thing. Can you tell I like em?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkajeep34
    Ok guys i've been reading these forums and watching you tube vids of the slash and i have to say i'd love to try one. But what's it drive like?

I got a stampede and love the way it drives/handles/jumps i bought a rustler because everyone said it handles better. Which it did, but it wasn't' as much "fun" for me as the stampede. So i converted it to a second stampede.

Before i buy a slash (or ask for one for Christmas etc) i was wondering if anyone could maybe compare it to how a stampede drives or what it's like.

Typically i drive out in the front yard jumping the curb etc. or goto the park/BMX track and occasionally goto the LHS dirt track.

I know i'm asking for opinions and that it's going to be different for everyone so i guess tell me what you love/like/dislike about the slash

Thanks
    it's just "different"

If it was me I'd just buy the parts to convert your second 'pede to a Slash