RC Qualifier

Super Street Slash...........

Anybody out there configure they're Slash for the street yet??? Different shock set up, tires, etc......... I've got an extra Slash with the VXL set up that won't be seeing any dirt and I was thinking of throwing my GTR shocks on it from my Jato, lowering it, and slapping some Conda's on it. Pretty much just for the sake of doing it to see if its a viable alternative to rolling the stock suspension around on asphalt.

Looking to make the mods this weekend, any of you have any suggestions on what and what not to do?? Any advice would be helpful

Certain to lose the whole scale look with it, but what the heck

Edited for language.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-29-2008 at 08:59 PM.
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    I have heard body rubbing with stock shocks, so lowering (atleast imo) wont be the best w/o modifications.

RC Racer
    Option 1:
    1. Move shocks out as far as possible on control arms (front & rear)
    2. Throw on some talons & allstar wheels (all front's for wider stance)
    3. Stiffen up suspension with spacers (too saggy out of the box, minimize body roll)
    4. use e-maxx or e-revo body (to resolve issues with rubbing)
    5. Throw on some antisway bars front & rear (optional)
    6. Shorter (shocks) or fuel tubing in stock shocks to lower (optional)

Option 2:
    1. Buy Rustler chassis parts & compatible body. Convert to Rustler using mostly Slash bits.
    2. Wheels and tires of your choosing.

Haven't done either but I'm toying around with both. I don't get to the dirt track nearly as much as I thought I would be able to so now I'm mulling my own options.
    I got nothin'

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sellinchevs
    Anybody out there configure they're Slash for the street yet??? Different shock set up, tires, etc......... I've got an extra Slash with the VXL set up that won't be seeing any dirt and I was thinking of throwing my GTR shocks on it from my Jato, lowering it, and slapping some Conda's on it. Pretty much just for the sake of doing it to see if its a viable alternative to rolling the stock suspension around on asphalt.

Looking to make the mods this weekend, any of you have any suggestions on what and what not to do?? Any advice would be helpful

lowered suspension, street treads, sway bars oughta do it
    soundz like you got it figured out
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-29-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Modified quote

RC Qualifier
    I really like the look of the full bodied Slash, so throwing an E Maxx body or other won't work. I'm figuring the Jato GTR shocks are gonna be pretty stiff, so rubbing shouldn't be a big issue.

RC Qualifier
    I went with integy shocks very soft springs. Fuel tubing about 1/2 inch on the shocks to keep from bottoming out. RPM Clawz rims with Road hawg tires. Very Cool blue look.
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Qualifier
    You noticing a huge difference over the factory set up? I would imagine so... Are you still getting a good chunk of body roll with those shocks? And you gotta yank that 18 off that thing, not a KB fan I hope?

RC Competitor
    And you gotta yank that 18 off that thing, not a KB fan I hope?
    I second that!!! LOL!!!

TRUCK LOOKS AWSOME THOUGH.

RC Qualifier
    lol, heck ya, something different for sure..................

RC poster
    I really like the look of the full bodied Slash, so throwing an E Maxx body or other won't work. I'm figuring the Jato GTR shocks are gonna be pretty stiff, so rubbing shouldn't be a big issue.

no need to use other shocks, just go up in the weight of the oil in the stockers should stiffen then appreciably

RC Qualifier
    Anybody out there configure they're Slash for the street yet??? Different shock set up, tires, etc.........

I don't know about that. I think that I've retained the scale look reasonably well.

In case your wondering the truck handles nothing like stock. For parking lot racing it has surprised even me in it's ability to take on most any type rc.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    that looks pretty nice!
    Long live Duck Tape!

RC Racer
    Just go play, that looks sick. Did you completely remove the front bumper ?. What rims/tires are you running ?.
    http://www.strikingvisions.com/bash.mp4

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Just go Play]I don't know about that. I think that I've retained the scale look reasonably well.

That looks pretty good, what kind of shock set up are you running with and are you getting some tire rub in the turns?? I'll have my setup done by Wednesday, but you have my hopes up for a nice and clean result.

RC Qualifier
    I like how you cut that Proline, leaving the front valance and yanking the bumper, didn't cross my mind til now to do that. Very nice...... hope you don't mind if I steal your concept? What did you do to get the body so low?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge
    Just go play, that looks sick. Did you completely remove the front bumper ?. What rims/tires are you running ?.
    The entire bumper except for the loop that the bumper bolts to has been removed. I plan on installing a foam bumper so that there will be some protection if it smacks a pole or something equally awful.

The rims are HPI 2.2" scorch 6 spokes with speed hawgs up front and street hawgs in the rear. The reason for 2 different tires is the speed hawgs grip better (helps with understeer) and the street hawgs do not wear as fast so I get more life out of the rear tires.

I like how you cut that Proline, leaving the front valance and yanking the bumper, didn't cross my mind til now to do that. Very nice...... hope you don't mind if I steal your concept? What did you do to get the body so low?
    Since the first time I saw a picture of this body unpainted I knew that it was what I had been looking for to give my slash more of a street look. I don't mind at all if anyone uses my ideas for their own trucks. I would like it better if maybe proline would steal my idea and make a street truck body for the slash.

The body is at it's stock mounting height. I admit that for the pictures the suspension is sitting lower then where I generally set it for parking lot racing, but not much. And much to my surprise I have zero fender rub on the front tires no matter what angle or amount of body roll. The rear tires if fully compressed (never happens) will just rub the fender very lightly.

The shocks are a set of modified Traxxas big bores. The front have 8mm fuel tubing inside (to lower the frontend) and 5mm fuel tubing outside to prevent bottoming out and a set if cut progressive springs from my emaxx. The rear has 5mm fuel tubing on the outside and runs stock springs. I run 50 weight oil in front and rear. With this setup I can feel a noticeable difference when adding or removing the smallest preload clips.

I'm glad to hear that you guys like the truck. I look forward to seeing more slash street versions!

RC Qualifier
    So who makes the body?

RC Qualifier
    It's the Proline hardcore.

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking the Proline body is going to give you a better "Street Truck" look vs. the stock Slash body, but you can't go wrong with either. Coming soon, my take on the Super Streetin' Slash.........

RC Champion
    just get gtr shocks and move them out the farthest they can go on the arms
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.