Thread: Sad

RC Racer

Sad

I have been on this forum for a few months and have found soooo much useful information. I love my E-revo.
    I just am a bit frustrated as of late with the moderators...........I know that this forum is "for traxxas products ONLY" BUT..........if traxxas hasn't and isn't going to release an 1/8 brushless motor and esc for the E-revo then we have a NEED to get help from other members with issues re:brushless 1/8 motors and esc's that we use in the E-revo.
    The E-revo is classified as a 1/10 truck but...you can not use a single VXL3 (1/10 scale) to power it........motor temp problems, so if we want to go brushless we HAVE to go with other than traxxas for a brushless system. So with the issues with the (other brands) motors and esc's we are having are in our E-revos we should be able to get help with these issues.I am not tring tick anyone off I just don't understand the moderator's problems with us <as traxxas owners> getting help from other traxxas owners about our traxxas trucks. I know that I would like to keep my E-revo ALL traxxas products but as most people have experienced the "titans" have issues ( I went thru 5 motors.....all with proper break in and 1 set using 17/68)before going brushless.

Just my 2 cents worth.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    see here is the thing. with non traxxas setups they want you to contact the correct people if you have an issue. right now traxxas allows people to ge tbasic help for any setup in a traxxas vehicle. but if you need tech support they want you to contact the company who made the product. in other words if you have an issue with a product contact the people who know the product. lately alot of the issues i have seen seem to be from the castle creations mamba monster.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    I understand your statment but traxxas does not have a brushless system for the E-revo, and the information gained from "real world" users is pricless.I have 2 E-revos. 1 VXL stampede and2 VXL rustlers and I love em ,but the "stock" motors and esc in the E-revo is the weak link. I like the ease of use with the electric(also no noise issues) I have some "other" trucks that are nitro that I just don't use anymore.
    I joined this forum to "learn" from other traxxas owners.

I understand your statment but traxxas does not have a brushless system for the E-revo
    Maybe, just maybe they will reveal one for the I Hobby Expo this weekend. Cross your fingers!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you can find all the info you need. but when you try and troubleshoot something like an aftermarket brushless setup it gets shut down so you can turn to the correct sources for tech help. dont get me wrong dan. i am not trying to be mean. basic tech help is allowed. but when you try to get in depth help traxxas asks you to contact the manufacturer to find the correct info. after doing some digging it appears traxxa shas 2 booths at the ihobby expo.

RC Racer
    The answer from most manufactures, including traxxas is "send it back to us so we can see what is wrong"(2-3 weeks without the product and postage )and tring to talk to them is hard,some have "less than banker hours" . I work nites 6pm to 6am, so on here there are so many people that "been there done that" that most issues can be worked thru. I just want to enjoy my $ 500 + "toy"x2.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can see both sides here, but I have to agree with Dan. Brushless motors, ESC's, lipos, etc... are all things being used to enhance a Traxxas product. I , for one, would have never even bought the e-revo if there wasn't a powerful brushless system that could run it. I never even used my titans, I sold them on fleabay. But my point is - Traxxas made their money when I bought their product. They would have never done so had there not been some aftermarket products to enhance it. They offer a great place for support of their products, but I feel there should be more wiggle room aftermarket discussion.
    Just my opinion.
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    well said hoov. i somewhat agree with you. but remembe rtraxxas doesnt discourage you from asking for basic help with aftermarket parts. it is only the major troubleshooting they discourage.

RC Racer
    Easy answer- go to another forum which deals with a broad spectrum of BL and brushed/ electrical issues & setups. Forgive me, but just half a dozen RCM members will have more combined knowledge and triuble shooting abilities than the entire traxxas forum put together.

I agree though, there does seem to be abit of over moderation with regards to non-traxxas electrical items, especially given that traxxas dont sell the items in question themselves. Specific technical or warrenty issues should be handled by the manufacturers via direct contact, but surely it cant hurt to ask for help with regards to more basic issues that are usually simple or quick to sort out with help from other members?..
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.