RC poster

4 cell lipo cut off, how to connect

I bought the novak 4 cell lipo cut off, how do i wire the power wire leads to the batterys when there are 2 wires going to each battery. DO i need to split the wire comming off the lipo cut off and connect it to each battery?

RC Racer
    Negatory.

I would have suggested the 2s smartstop, but never mind; what you need to do is use a voltmeter to find which + and - wire give you the full voltage of both packs (~16.8v or so), then solder the red and black leads from the smartstop to those two wires. You will need to have the batts plugged in off course, so be careful not to short anything out with the probes from the multi meter.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Champion
    Find which battery connector powers the BEC and connect the Black LVC wire to that battery's Black lead on the EVX. Then connect the Red LVC wire to the other battery's Red lead on the EVX.
    Rustler with Stampede Body Mounts, Masher 2000's, Futaba 3PDF Radio, Tekin Rebel ESC, Magnetic Mayhem 23/87, SG2 Amber 14/87, misc 8-cell packs, RPM all around, Lunsford Turnbuckles.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson875
    I bought the novak 4 cell lipo cut off, how do i wire the power wire leads to the batterys when there are 2 wires going to each battery. DO i need to split the wire comming off the lipo cut off and connect it to each battery?
    Simpson, there is a lot of information on the subject all over the forum.
    Here's just one of the scenarios:

running the stock titans on the E-Revo, wanting to use two LiPo packs...

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=437193

Please note the HUGE mistakes I made in trying to get my LVC installed. Avoid doing the same!

Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC poster
    if i got a 2cell cut off wouldent that just cut off one battery? WOuld you just stop driving when you only went half as fast?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson875
    if i got a 2cell cut off wouldent that just cut off one battery? WOuld you just stop driving when you only went half as fast?
    If you got a two cell LVC you will need to make sure to find the side of your ESC that has the BEC battery (controls for your steering, etc, therefore it wears faster). Look for the post with the "LiPo harness" that you can use to wire your LVC in a real nice clean way.

Or otherwise wire directly to the battery socket of BEC battery side!
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Champion
    A LVC doesn't shutdown a battery. It just cuts the signal to the ESC.
    Rustler with Stampede Body Mounts, Masher 2000's, Futaba 3PDF Radio, Tekin Rebel ESC, Magnetic Mayhem 23/87, SG2 Amber 14/87, misc 8-cell packs, RPM all around, Lunsford Turnbuckles.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kschauwe
    A LVC doesn't shutdown a battery. It just cuts the signal to the ESC.
    Correct, you will notice that your truck will start to stutter. This is the LVC doing its job with the ESC, it is not actually doing anything to the battery!
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Racer
    Do a search for 'Kraegar harness'- its nowhere as difficult or complicated as many seem to imagine. 2 wires to connect up, that all; if you have a voltmeter, and have read the FAQ/ search for info on LVCs, you will soon figure it out.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.